• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Saga 3 3/24/2012 Results

LOE1

Smash Lord
ik, thats why im not gonna play wifi b4 a tourney anymore
but i dont have anyone to play offline

MJG

Smash Hero
Yea. I don't really use TL on wifi as much as I used to (that might change though) but wifi definitely was (and sort of still is) the only way that I could practice this game. As long as the connection isn't terrible and if you can play with someone who is just as good, or better, than yourself, then it can really help tbh.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Wifi makes you do wifi things, therefore you're extremely predictable offline. you should stop doing that and maybe you will get some "retribution" so you say. lol
im sorry but this mentality will not make anyone good. If by playing wifi youre trying to program yourself to play the game like a robot then yeah this is true.

But if youre actually good and think about what other players are doing/what youre doing how can this be an issue? Wifi doesnt make you a worse player, if you play worse in person then on wifi its just because you suck and lag saves you from getting horrible demolished.

there should be no correlation between predictability and the amount of time you play wifi unless youre playing this game without thinking.

LOE1

Smash Lord
nah, im just getting ALOT of hate lately
but idc really, this gives me more time to practice up.

Xatic

Smash Lord
That isn't what I was saying at all xD I use wifi for practice too. Coco and I are the only ones in my area that play so I have to use wifi as well as a way of practice. wifi can be gimicky sometimes, yeah. But what I said by no means was me trying to bash on wifi players at all haha

Guess I should try and word what I say better. Please don't take what I said personally as I didn't mean anything by it.

I think xatic was trying to say that wifi can have negative consequences along side positive ones. For instance somethings are really hard to punish online, like snake f-tilt, and until you play offline you think it's not punishable on shield... then start f-tilting shields left and right.

Sometimes you have to keep in mind that there are things that you get away with that won't work offline when playing wifi.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I think xatic was trying to say that wifi can have negative consequences along side positive ones. For instance somethings are really hard to punish online, like snake f-tilt, and until you play offline you think it's not punishable on shield... then start f-tilting shields left and right.

Sometimes you have to keep in mind that there are things that you get away with that won't work offline when playing wifi.
Thank you. lol

I made that post half tired and didn't think it through correctly and ended up saying things in a way I didn't want to say them. This pretty much summarizes what I meant.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
(̅_̅_̅(̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅̅(ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็)

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
The stream videos will be upload (I have it saved forever cuz I'm sick at the moment), but they'll be upload!

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Yea. I don't really use Sonic on Sonic as much as I Sonic to (that might Sonic though) but wifi definitely Sonic (and sort of Sonic is) the only Sonic that I could Sonic this game. As long as the Sonic isn't terrible and if you can play with Sonic who is Sonic as Sonic, or Sonic, than Sonic, then it can really Sonic tbSonic.Sonic
Same, but with Sonic. Where you think this Pit came from?? Certainly not the training room.

As long as you're careful not to contract wifi habits (Example: Powershield something, spotdodge afterwards habitually) then you'll be k.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So Xatic you should update the OP with singles payouts (should def be on there) and pools results (seeing as it says those will be posted)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Updated to the best of my knowledge. Still don't have full pools results so those aren't updated.
I'm almost positive I know my pool's results :o

1. Sparta Kick
2. Tutu
3. FF Ori_bro
4. LOE1
5. Chappy
6/7. BulletSuqall/Me9595
8. Steffy

ANGRyYb0b

Smash Rookie

1. Sparta Kick
2. Tutu
3. FF Ori_bro
4. LOE1
5. Chappy
6/7. BulletSuqall/Me9595
8. Steffy
Steffy should be listed before me. I know he had at least 4 wins while me and me9595 only had 3. I'm not sure about Bulletsquall though

ANGRyYb0b

Smash Rookie
Sorry I meant matches. I know he won more sets than me though. I only won the set against Me9595 but he won the sets against both me and me9595

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

1. Sparta Kick
2. Tutu
3. FF Ori_bro
4. LOE1
5. Chappy
6/7. BulletSuqall/Me9595
8. Steffy
So it really looked like this?

1. SK
2. Tutu
3. FF Ori_bro
4. LOE1
5. Steffy
6. BulletSquall
7. Chappy
8. Me9595

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
My pool was something along the lines of

1. Coco :olimar:
2. Meek :sonic: :pit: (several others, though he never actually picked :random: )
3. Pzo (not 100% who all he used, I know I saw him go :snake: :metaknight: and :wario: )
4. Ksev :snake:
5. THuGz :metaknight: :toonlink: :wolf: (I know I saw him use these 3, maybe others. Not that it matters)
6. Joker :lucario: :wolf:
7. Flan :gw: :peach:

I'm not 100% on whether thugz placed over ksev tho, that's purely a guess. Also, I know Flan took 1 game off Meek, and 1 game off me. If he took a game off anyone else, he should be above me, cuz he's the only one I took any games from, which is only 2. I've only got him beat by losses from what I can remember.

EDIT: Switched THuGz and KSEV. This should be accurate now.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
My pool was something along the lines of

1. Coco :olimar:
2. Meek :sonic: :pit: (several others, though he never actually picked :random: )
3. Pzo (not 100% who all he used, I know I saw him go :metaknight: :snake: and :wario: )
4. Thugz :metaknight: :toonlink: :wolf: (I know I saw him use these 3, maybe others. Not that it matters)
5. Ksev :snake:
6. Joker :lucario: :wolf:
7. Flan :gw: :peach:

I'm not 100% on whether thugz placed over ksev tho, that's purely a guess. Also, I know Flan took 1 game off Meek, and 1 game off me. If he took a game off anyone else, he should be above me, cuz he's the only one I took any games from, which is only 2. I've only got him beat by losses from what I can remember.
I used :dedede: :falco: :marth: :ike: :sonic: :pit: :metaknight: and either :fox: or :wolf: ....can't remember.

Top Bottom