• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 5

Asa

Smash Hero
game 4 was hella boss

but yeah killock had control most of the game

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, Meta's YT channel got wrecked. =/ One of the few really good matches of mine that actually got uploaded, and it gets canned. Yaaaaaay

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I haven't seen Luke vs. Jack yet. I saw GFs in singles and I think doubles though. I need to watch that. :x

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
Poor Meta

he had Breez vs SKidd

and SKidd and Starwaffle vs Kuraudo and DWC

And a bunch of melee stuff, too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
He really lost his channel? ... awww. D:

Me vs. Breez's final match was on there. Oh well, we'll just have to record a full set where I beat him then when I come back.

:sonic:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know. We lost both of clouder's losses.

Also, since I still have bragging rights until this tournament (and possibly afterwards ;)), as of Phoenix 4 in October, I am the last person to have defeated Clouderz in a tourney set. :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I think we have just as many players on the island as you do on the mainland.
THIS!!!

It's just... most of us can't afford to pay the ferry over, the busses, etc, so only a handful of us show up. But really, there are alot of us. We only mention the other top islanders (or other notable islanders), but otherwise, there's lots of us here.

Edit: There are about 15 people in Victoria that would join a tournament, and probably 15 others who don't come to smash fests or anything but play brawl. I know of 5 people in Nanaimo, and one friend from Nanaimo says he knows about 10 people who play brawl and do mini tournaments there. There's A6M and Yaya from Port Alberni. There's Kyle, Grape, and IHT as the main Campbell River smashers, but apparently there was a 40 man tournament north island that none of us knew about (yes, 40 people).

So, I think we have the mainland beat by a long shot.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Rob I can just imagine, before the edit you typed that all out, then in your mind you were like "NO! I have to count them all out and prove this ****"

breez

Smash Ace
Not to the majority and that's what matters ;). Silly islander
It's more than likely because when we started, our TO was from Abbotsford, and so were a bunch of other players. Poco was a pretty decent medium between the people from UBC, and the people from Abbotsford.

Since most all of the Abbotsford players got sick of me relentlessly beating/taunting them, they all quit, leaving just me and LFL to come from Abbotsford.

Also, the venue is in a great location (food wise), easy to get to, and the lady that runs the place is really nice!

Oh, and you're gay for butts.

edit: Yeah sure skidd, Mario MM ftw!

edit2: Oh my, I forgot to address Rob's cockiness during this entire thread!

Rob, I can going to absolutely wreck you if we get matched in the bracket. Otherwise, I will enjoy pwning your noob-self in any number of money matches. If you even make it near top 5, I hope to see you in the grand finals.

*throws salt*

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ben, you're such a douche. XD Also, there is no such thing as top 5; it's top 4 or top 6. WHY DOES EVERYBODY MAKE THAT MISTAKE

Another thing to add about the venue is the TVs. One potentially large problem that's pretty much negated thanks to the venue. =3

I wanna do some MMs with MK, but I don't know if I'll have the time... =[

Sion

Island of Horizon
super mario kart(SNES) is the real mario kart
and 64 i guess

other forms of mario kart i don't really recognize

bundtcake

Smash Ace
So... how many people are coming to this? Just making sure me and Trevor don't end up going to a 5-man tournament (you know what I mean...).

Also, can the player list be updated if possible?
The player list *is* pretty much updated. Just because one person cancelled doesn't mean the other 40 did as well. @_@

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
It doesnt look that updated...
From what I understood WA bailed out, yet it still shows Jem and such...
also:
19. Grimice
25. Kyle

is there a 2nd kyle or is that just a repeat?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
...So you see one or two names that you aren't sure about, and you assume the list is horribly outdated and that this is going to be the size of a monthly. Really. =/ Please don't make assumptions like that; all it does is kill hype for no reason, and I've had enough people bail out as it is. (mainly players from the states who were already iffy on coming) There are 4-5 from WA/OR who want to go, but have no confirmed carpool at this point. The attendance list is updated fairly often. >.> Also, Kyle is a pretty common name...

Yay Bryan. =3

Top Bottom