• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Philosphy and ethics teacher held for sexually assaulting a man with celebral palsy

Should she be punished?

• Total voters

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Celebral palsy is a congenital condition that effects movement of the body, muscle tone/development, and the brain. The women was working with a student named "DJ". Doctors had previously determined he had the mental capacity of a toddler. However the women claims with her working with him he was able to type full sentences, express complex thoughts, and read at a savant level. She claims they had a romantic relationship, and that having sex with him was consensual because "He wouldn’t let me do anything that he didn’t want me to do".

She was found guilty of ****, sentenced for a decade, owes 4 million for damages.

Article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-time-wont-be-her-only-punishment/#comments

Interestingly a brother of the man stated this: “She tried to supplant his life with some version of life she thought was better.”

With limited information on how complex of thoughts the guy could express, I doubt his mental capacity was that of a toddler, and if so he apparently consented according to her. With no statements by him it's hard to tell, but I just want to know what someone else may think.

Top Bottom