• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 6: Teams Edition, Dallas TX, Feb 20th = Dojo / LeeMartin / Free Pizza!

What side event would you like to have for Phase 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
EDIT: I forgot to mention. If we do Brawl Minus Singles again, the game will be more balanced. The creators are using the feedback from our last tournament to re-balanced the game.

Important Notice!​
Don't want to pay the Venue Fee? Bring a full setup and I'll waive the fee. Full setup includes:

- TV
- Wii + Cables or Gamecube + Cables
- Brawl disc or Melee disc

Note: Last time we had too many setups. THIS IS OK. Please bring them even if we get too many. I'll still waiver your venue fee.

Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Achievement List
  • Pull off a 0-death combo in a 2v1 situation without taking damage (replay required).
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Win a game with your teammate doing 0% damage (show me the stats screen).
  • Combo an opponent from a G&W's 9 into another G&W's 9 (replay required).
  • End a game to where 3 or more players end up in sudden death (pause and show me).
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Chaingrab your two opponents at the same time between you and your teammate as King Dedede (replay required).
  • Give your teammate a beam sword and have him score 3 kills with it in one game (replay required).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) with 0 team attacks for your team. (show me the stat screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) where both you and your teammate choose random the entire set.
  • Have one person get 2 double (on opponents)/triple kills in one game (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a 4-way ditto game with 4 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set with 0 smash attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • K.O. your opponent by throwing/hitting your teammate into them. (Only collision knockback counts, additional attacks do not)

I'm open for more ideas. Post them!
Livestream & TwitterAll Is Brawl LinkVenue
Comic Book Craze
Address: 1456 Belt Line Rd Garland, TX 75044 (Google Maps)
Phone: 972-414-8100​
Contact
UTD Zac: 361-676-2223 / AIM: shadowgripper
Monica (Ladybug): 972-339-2713 / AIM: youftw​
Events and Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10 - NO REFUNDS
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person - NO REFUNDS
Melee Singles - $10 - NO REFUNDS
Melee Doubles - $5 per person - NO REFUNDS
Side Event (TBA) - $2​
Event Schedule
February 20th, 2010
11:00 AM - Doors Open. Registration begins (For singles, registration ends at 4pm).
12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles
1:00 PM - Melee Doubles
4:00 PM - Brawl Singles
4:30 PM - Melee Singles
7:00 PM - Side Event
Setups
I need as many setups as can be brought. Please let me know if you can bring them. I don't have any myself so it's all up to you guys. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
Payouts
31 individuals or less
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

32 - 63 individuals
1st = 58%
2nd = 28%
3rd = 10%
4th = 4%

64 individuals or more
1st = 55%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%
5th = 2.5%
5th = 2.5%​
Bounty List
How it works
I'm trying out something new to hopefully motivate lesser-known players (or OoS players) to beat big-name players. If you beat one of the players on the Bounty List in a singles tournament (winners or losers bracket) and your name is not on the Bounty List, then you receive the bounty prize for that player. Simple as that!

Brawl Bounty List
Dojo - $10
UltimateRazer - $10
Gnes - $10
LeeMartin - $5

Melee Bounty List
Darkrain - It doesn't matter, Randall won't let you win anyway.​
Brawl Stages
Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Melee Stages
Starter Stages
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (1v1 only)
Pokemon Stadium (2v2 only)

Counterpick Stages
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (1v1 and 2v2)​
General Rules
  • 3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
  • Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
  • Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs
  • Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
  • Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
  • Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Other Rules
  • Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
  • Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Brawl Only. Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

NNID
Budget_Player
You better just go right ahead and edit that "TBA" buddy. :V You think Brawl- was good now? By February, it will actually have a stable alpha (or so help me god Imma gonna kill a *****). Actually cut melee doubles, run Brawl- doubles. :V

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh snap. Wasn't expecting this to be so soon. I'll definitely try to come to this. Hopefully the rest of Austin has time and I don't have any big tests or whatever.

Am I cool enough to be listed with Brownies and get housing?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I ran out of weekends =(

Feb 27th = El Paso tourney
Mar 6th = Hobo probably
Mar 13th = No Koast 3
Mar 20th = I'm busy with Spring break stuff

Holding one now (Feb 20th) means I can hold one on Mar 27th also =D

EDIT: @ Allan's post... cause there's like... 1 DDD player lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
low tier please. pretty much the only event i can do good in since utd allows infinites.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*cough*Brawl-*cough cough*Samusispimp*cough*

I know, you don't like hacks. But this one is honestly following the intentions of the creators! :V
SAMUS ***** d3 in brawl- allan. I spammed missiles for 5 minutes against fogo and he couldn't get through, z-air got stupid knock back and her b-air even better now.
I will never play or accept B+/B-/BB

They are for wimps who cant accept REAL brawl.

UTD, what you faill to realize(like u do in the meta debate) is it doesnt matter who MAINs or 2nd DDD. ANYBODY can do the ICG. ALL chars will die if they reach 200+ and have ddd back throw.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
YOU ALREADY MADE THE THREAD?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! >.<

Guess I'll be going by the office tomorrow to give the money just in case.

NNID
Budget_Player
I will never play or accept B+/B-/BB

They are for wimps who cant accept REAL brawl.

UTD, what you faill to realize(like u do in the meta debate) is it doesnt matter who MAINs or 2nd DDD. ANYBODY can do the ICG. ALL chars will die if they reach 200+ and have ddd back throw.
This I don't get. You say it's for wimps, and then john about character-specific abuse that every one of those projects has removed... I dunno. IMO vBrawl is for traditionalist fogeys who can't accept something way better. :V

EDIT: I just realized that the results for Brawl- may be *sliiiiightly* inflated...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Brawl- doubles is a bad idea. It's too fast and there's TOO much hitstun. Characters like G&W suck a ton, they get hit 4 times and they lose a stock. It's fast like melee, but the hitstun is enormous (shield pressure gets ridiculous).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Low tier singles por favor. But Brawl- sounds interesting, too.

I hope I can make this. Might have a film shoot that weekend, though.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Might make this, whys it called teams edition though? thought you guys scrapped singles for a second haha

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
There seems to be a problem with MK Minus. His basic jab causes random, obtrusive lines to slash across the whole screen, staying there for a long time. I'm guessing it's a glitch. I don't know if this was the appropriate thread to make this post, but I'm pretty sure Budget Player can relay this to the Brawl Minus thread.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i play brawl- with regular brawl mechanics. i like momentum cancelling and more DI so i could live longer. and it breaks those stupid autocombos (like gw up throw parachute)

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I'M IN!!! Melee and brawl!!

//edit//
Actually in phase 5 there were a lot of TVs for brawl but not for melee, like 4 TVs for it in average

I'll probably bring a TV melee setup

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
ANOTHER ONE SO SOON?

'Sure do know how to make a new guy feel welcome.

Possible Phase 7 Marth 27th? Count me in again!

I'm ~30 minutes from the venue so if there's a free saturday and ride there (parents) then expect me to keep coming back for more Smash Bros.

:D:D:D:D:D

p.s. March 27th gogogoggogogogogo

EDIT: 20th might not be a free saturday. >_<
EDIT2: *done right after publishing the above edit* March 27th gogogogogogogogo

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Idk why everyone is saying "so soon". The thread was made early...the tourney is still once a month.

I'll try to go but alas I'm in Houston so we'll see :)

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
A 3 week gap is very minor lol, but the more the merrier.

BTW: Why couldn't get a livestream last time? I was able to get an internet connection while there. o_0
Also what a commentators? That would be so cool if anyone wanted to do that and it makes the videos of matches 9,001x better.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I remember getting there and hearing that pages were able to load instantly..

I think low tier singles would be cool, but I really would like to get some friendlies under my belt so I can improve.

Brownies again? HYESZ!

Revven

FrankerZ
i play brawl- with regular brawl mechanics. i like momentum cancelling and more DI so i could live longer. and it breaks those stupid autocombos (like gw up throw parachute)
Um... the point to the game is to make everyone broken, without the high hitstun, it's not really B- anymore. Removing that hitstun just means you're no longer playing B-.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Um... the point to the game is to make everyone broken, without the high hitstun, it's not really B- anymore. Removing that hitstun just means you're no longer playing B-. you're just dying by moves that have set knock back
fixed .

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I usually run a livestream at every tourney that I attend. However, while the internet connection at the Phase apartment complex is strong enough to load pages relatively quickly, it is not strong enough to support a stream. I have tested this almost every single time we have used the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom