• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 5 - Jan 30 - Dallas, TX = Dojo / Razer / Gnes = UTD Zac's last tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
brawl -

1.dojo (jiggs)
2.utdzac (gw,jiggs)
3.dmg (wario)
4.dphat (wario, samus, snake, fox?)
5.shuz (kirby)
5.Hylian (kirby, ddd)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://wanimoto.clearspring.com/o/46928cc51133af17/4b654bbadf25f47b/46928cc51133af17/b7509857/-cpid/c6b65135b1caf711/-EMH/300/-EMW/540/widget.js"></script><p>Create your own <a href="http://animoto.com/?utm_source=embed&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=embed" target="_blank">video slideshow</a> at animoto.com.</p>

I'll make results thread tomorrow with everything. Super tired now =(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Cool beans. Impressions, who needs buffs/nerfs, everything work okay? Is there any footage? And why did Dojo go Jiggs instead of MK? :V

Wario's just silly-- it doesn't seem right. Jiggz is stupid ridiculous too, from what I could tell. You can pretty much turn anything into a combo that ends in a rest that kills, or an unstoppable F-air wall of pain.
I don't think I really saw the whole cast in depth, though, so... blah.
I watched people play Pit and Fox and couldn't really figure out what major changes they got.

I like Zelda. She's my favorite, even above my main, Ike. I think her air dodge and spot dodge hurting people may be a bit much, but.. I think without it, it's probably not enough. Ah well. Just keep her as is. =D

NNID
Budget_Player

Wario's just silly-- it doesn't seem right. Jiggz is stupid ridiculous too, from what I could tell. You can pretty much turn anything into a combo that ends in a rest that kills, or an unstoppable F-air wall of pain.
I don't think I really saw the whole cast in depth, though, so... blah.
I watched people play Pit and Fox and couldn't really figure out what major changes they got.

I like Zelda. She's my favorite, even above my main, Ike. I think her air dodge and spot dodge hurting people may be a bit much, but.. I think without it, it's probably not enough. Ah well. Just keep her as is. =D
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9442339&postcount=1098

:V

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Cool beans. Impressions, who needs buffs/nerfs, everything work okay? Is there any footage? And why did Dojo go Jiggs instead of MK? :V
Well lets see, I didn't play any jiggz but kirby is a little gay in the sense that you can dtilt the person all the way across the stage, and if they manage to DI out of it you can just eyeball it and just Fsmash them behind you. TL's stage game is rediculous, boomerang then arrow then sliding around with upB to catch you if you aren't shielding. My easiest way around it was using ganon to side B super armor it and then up smash. I didn't play a good jiggz so i can't really give any input on that.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i dont really mind it too much, but i want to say wario's problem revolves around his fsmash

given perfect shielding, the shield stun doesn't leave a lot of options
it covers 1/2 of fd
its really good for tech chasing
it has a lingering hits so its also a very good edge guard

just a few things. but i dont mind it, i just think i played falco incorrectly.

Van: may i have the file that allowed you to have that awesome menu background? I believe the music switch 3.5.1 code will cover the coding?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
This is dojo. For brawl- I didn't want to go MK just for the sake of trying someone else. Jiggs is fun. :D Out of all my matches Wario and GW seemed to be the most troublesome. Jiggs is pretty ridiculous as well. Wario's biggest problem revolves around his fsmash. It's a little much. Combo's into itself at low percents, has a huge hitbox the whole time, and super armor all the way across. Little too much. GW's fair and nair is just ridiculous hard to get into. His upthrow to nair is pretty insane too. Jiggs probably could have her fair nerfed a bit. It combos into itself and kills relatively early. That's all my input.

Melee will come up on the results thread when Zac makes it.

1. Darkrain
2. Bluezaft
3. Arc

NNID
Budget_Player
i dont really mind it too much, but i want to say wario's problem revolves around his fsmash

given perfect shielding, the shield stun doesn't leave a lot of options
it covers 1/2 of fd
its really good for tech chasing
it has a lingering hits so its also a very good edge guard

just a few things. but i dont mind it, i just think i played falco incorrectly.

Van: may i have the file that allowed you to have that awesome menu background? I believe the music switch 3.5.1 code will cover the coding?
Hmm... Okay, it's gonna get nerfed. It's kinda silly, lol.

Well lets see, I didn't play any jiggz but kirby is a little gay in the sense that you can dtilt the person all the way across the stage, and if they manage to DI out of it you can just eyeball it and just Fsmash them behind you. TL's stage game is rediculous, boomerang then arrow then sliding around with upB to catch you if you aren't shielding. My easiest way around it was using ganon to side B super armor it and then up smash. I didn't play a good jiggz so i can't really give any input on that.
I don't like Kirb's Dtilt either. It's a pain. Too broken.

TL is a beast onstage; if you aren't bowser or you can't approach from the stage, you're ****ed. It's funny how well he shuts down the stage with his arrows, you can't dash approach at all.

Dang, was this really Zac's last tournament?
Hope not. :( EDIT: OIC. That makes sense.

This is dojo. For brawl- I didn't want to go MK just for the sake of trying someone else. Jiggs is fun. :D Out of all my matches Wario and GW seemed to be the most troublesome. Jiggs is pretty ridiculous as well. Wario's biggest problem revolves around his fsmash. It's a little much. Combo's into itself at low percents, has a huge hitbox the whole time, and super armor all the way across. Little too much. GW's fair and nair is just ridiculous hard to get into. His upthrow to nair is pretty insane too. Jiggs probably could have her fair nerfed a bit. It combos into itself and kills relatively early. That's all my input.

Melee will come up on the results thread when Zac makes it.

1. Darkrain
2. Bluezaft
3. Arc
Okie dokie. You're the first person I've seen complain about G&W TBH, other than "G&W NEEDS MORE KILL POWER". Then again, you played against UTD. :V Speaking of which, guess who was campaigning for a frame 10 dsmash. :3 Wario needs an fsmash nerf. Jiggz needs nerfs, I guess... Shame you didn't play MK. He's too ****. :laugh:

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
i got nined twice T.T so is it safe to say that zac is broken in brawl- is it possible to nerf him =P

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, I shoulda asked Zac to copy Brawl Minus on my Flash Drive. Would've been fun to present that to Kansas. Too lazy to go to the site right now. Still tired from last night.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i asked zac if he could upload the .pac files since they aren't uploaded elsewhere.

budget player, you didnt answer my question about falco =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom