• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
talking about travel johns, it's not just the distance. If you don't book months in advance then you have to pay extortionate amounts, I'v payed more travelling to england than I have to sweden a few times. And it's easier for people living in London to find transport since you can get anywhere from London (or get to London from anywhere) whereas it can be harder to get to some places for others at a reasonable amount.

That said I missed southhampton mostly because I had no money, but the bus journey wasnt a fun thought either.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Bullet Bill- well it's good to see SOME people standing up for us. I'm pretty ****ing annoyed at all the Notherners atm tbh. All of you saying bull**** just cos ours in the south of England and moaning like scrubs about how you have to travel a bit further. The other thing is that the tournament was great yet people (that weren't even there) are saying that it was badly organised?? WTF. Me, Dac and pick would be happy to host another but if we do I'd like to seriously hope that there'd be a better turnout than North= 0

Rant over thankyou

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Here's an idea: Back on topic?

Current discussion is not suited for this thread, needs to be in the UK thread tbh.

Have just sifted through numerous pages of bile to find the results. No luck.
Tried the first page and intro post. No Luck.
Tried the tournament results section. No luck.

What actually happened at this tournament? What was the turnout? Where are the shoutouts? Which good matches and good combos happened? This has turned from a tournament thread into bellyaching about how insignificant our scene is.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
the shoutouts have ready been done BB

+ the results lol

blame aiko for opening this thread again

and BUMP***

Tamoo

Smash Master
I guess this is still open cos vids havent been uploaded, with regards to the results, they're there but they are quite a while back, ill try and find them and update this post with them

Singles:
1. Fuzzy
2. VA
3. Bulletbill
4. Monty
5. Clockwire
5. LJ
7. Tamoo
7. Vincent

Doubles:
1) Fuzzyness/VA
2) Clockmire/Tamoo
3) L-J/MDS
4) Bullet Bill/Inertia

Turnout was about 25 iirc

Aiko

Smash Champion
From what ben said to me, turnout was 18 (although this was early on in the day so more people could have turn up) However, turnout is not really important.

I reopened this thread because Ben made a new thread, thanking everyone who turned up, general tournament debrief stuff, and decided this thread was closed prematurely. Since BB has pointed out that its all discussion now, nothing to do with PHT its best this discussion moves to the UK thread.

When vids are up, i'm sure Ben will tell me and i'll reopen the thread for him to post up vids.

And the irony of this is, this time last year, the North and Scotland were the ones complaining how London didn't travel outside of its own tournaments. And to save my own skin, I was actually the first to book to go to PHT, besides the southampton guys, and a unfortunate series of events lead me to have to miss it.

Anyway, now is a good time to close this thread. Continue in UK thread and if southampton want to; start planning the next tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom