• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide PH3AR TEH PHIR3: A Roy Guide

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't think I am going to take Roy seriously I'm only going to use him for friendlys. I think toys best matchup is Link ( love that matchup) anyway this was a good guide. one of the best I read.

:phone:

vZakat

Half Genie
Starting at 0% you can just up throw similar to how marth does. If you don't want to do that you can LK grab. At 0% do a forward throw then immediately do a down throw after. They won't be knocked down from the forward throw so you can run in and grab again right after. They can buffer a spot dodge but you can just wait a little if they start to do that, most people just shield so it's a free grab. Most times if you do the fthrow -> dthrow real fast they won't tech it so dtilt the missed tech.

After getting the grab and starting the chain grab just up throw til about 35%. At this point you will need to up throw -> up air -> regrab or they can shine out of it. at about 45%-50% if they DI hard to the left or right you can catch them with a dash attack -> regrab. at 70% is when you want to do up air -> fsmash. After about 80% they can jump out of it so you will have to do a quick double jump up air -> short hopped up air -> fsmash. After about 95% you can't do anything after up throw. Though at 120% ish if they don't DI a down throw in you can get a free fsmash.

That's a basic overview of it. Just let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Sdmac200

Smash Rookie
Thanks! My problem with the up throw in the past was I could never turn around fast enough to catch fox falling at 0%. I gotta try LK grab and see if Im more comfortable with that.

Top Bottom