• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest PGH/NEOH Invitational & Arcadian

PGH/NEOH Invitational & Arcadian
Posted by PGH Carroll
Chestnut Room, Kilcawley Center, Youngstown State University
Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

Pittsburgh and North East Ohio's best players of now and tomorrow.

The Skinny:
The tournament that has been long over due, "????" Aka the NEOHPGH Invitational and Arcadian! A tourney for all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you a seasoned vet, a netplay god or a moal 17th placer. The NEOHPGH Invitational and Arcadian is place to test the waters within your skill group with other hungry players all competing for the top prize! Located right in the perfect middle ground between Pittsburgh and NEOHs major scenes. Close to an hour drive for most!

Featuring
HUGE Arcaidian bracket for unranked players. (excluding former PR ranked players)
A special PR only bracket (Top 10 PGH + Top 10 NEOH + Former PR players + TOP 4 ACADIAN WINNERS!)
Pro-Am teams! (1 PR player + 1 unranked player)
Pro and AM PGH vs NEOH Crews! (Time permitting)

Streamed on twitch.tv/pghneohsmash

Entry
* Online registration is required, no at-the-door registration. (Smashgg)
* Arcadian Attendance is capped at 224 total attendees.
* Deadline to register is Sunday Jan 24th at 11:59pm.
* Regions allowed to participate in Arcadian:
NEOH (Northeast Ohio)
Greater Pittsburgh area + northern counties up to Erie)
WV
Ohio University
Penn State (unranked players)
OSU (unranked players)
* All Transactions are FINAL (No Refunds)
* if in question about elgibility please contact TOs PGH Carroll/Kofi

Saturday Jan 30th 2016

Schedule
(subject to change)
10am Doors open (Check In)
10:30am PGH vs NEOH Unranked Crew Battle 8v8
11am Pro Am Doubles
1pm Arcadian Bracket Pools
4:30pm Arcadian Top 8
6pm Pro Bracket
9pm clean up and break down
10pm Venue Closes (and they mean business)

Pool assignments and brackets will be posted via smash.gg
Crew Battle players as well as PR and thier unranked partners are urged to check in 10am

Venue
Chestnut Room, Kilcawley Center, Youngstown State University
1 University Plaza, Youngstown, OH 44555

A large room with a capacity of 200+. Large space, with room for large numbers of setups.

Same venue as Y-Town Throwdown.

Link to the room, with tour and dimensions.

NOTE: The pictures shown in the tour will not be the layout for the event. The layout will be changed to reflect a gaming setting (multiple long tables, projector, circular tables for relaxing).

NO outside drinks/food in venue: (except capped water bottles)

Food
Kilcawley Center has a Wendy's in the building on the first floor, and there are the following within walking distance of the venue:

McDonald's
Taco Bell
Jimmy John's
Subway

SETUPS

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING FULL SETUPS!

The tournament staff can only provide a couple TVs to start with, so it's up to the community to bring more and improve the quality of the event! More TVs means more friendlies and more playing time, so please do your part if you have equipment to lend us for the day. EVERY EXTRA SETUP MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

PRIZES

Arcadian Bracket/Pro Bracket

1st: 40% + 1st Place Trophy!

2nd: 20% + 2nd Place T-Shirt!

3rd: 15% + Small Poster

4th: 10%

5th: 5% each

7th: 2.5% each

*Pro and Arcadian Pots will be seprate with 1/4 of arcadian pot going to Pro Bracket Pot.

ProAm Doubles

1st: + 1st Place Trophies + $100

2nd: + 2nd Place T-Shirts + $75

3rd: + Small Posters + $25

* All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
* No food or drink inside the venue per building event policy. Finish your meals outside or elsewhere in the building during the weekend.
* No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
* All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if late for a pools match.
* The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
* The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
* The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
* The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
* The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
Do you know how much it'll cost to enter yet? And when can we expect to preregister?

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Yaaaaaaaaassssssssss
This isn't your average hype.
This is ADVANCED hype.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Nick, do you care if I attend this but not enter? Or am I going to get kicked out if I'm not registered.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
You guys wouldn't have an issue with a Smash 4 event in Youngstown on the same day, would you (different location, different event)? I know this is a Melee event, so I'm hoping there wouldn't be too much population cross.

Last edited:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
You guys wouldn't have an issue with a Smash 4 event in Youngstown on the same day, would you (different location, different event)? I know this is a Melee event, so I'm hoping there wouldn't be too much population cross.
Nope im not sure theres really gonna be any cross over issues.
only maybe Mav plays smash 4 and kind of melee so he might go to the smash 4 over this.

Nick, do you care if I attend this but not enter? Or am I going to get kicked out if I'm not registered.
If you gonna come you have to register and pay venue. https://smash.gg/tournament/pgh-neoh-invitational-arcadian
theres no at door reg. would love to see you here tho! also you can play pro am teams if you reg and get picked since its free to enter.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Okay, thanks guys. btw, if you're ever interested in running a joint event (Melee and Smash 4), let me know. I would like to hold a large event at some point down the road.

Get Low

Smash Ace
If you gonna come you have to register and pay venue. https://smash.gg/tournament/pgh-neoh-invitational-arcadian
theres no at door reg. would love to see you here tho! also you can play pro am teams if you reg and get picked since its free to enter.
Well I don't want to enter this tournament but I'm probably going to come and play friendlies. If you're not okay with this then you can physically remove me from the venue, but I don't see why my presence would be a big deal.

Top Bottom