• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I've got two Pikachu hats, along with a few Pikachu plushes. I'm thinking about going to a tournament for the first time ever over winter break, but I don't know if I'll be wearing any Pikachu-related merch though.

Last edited:

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
People have been able to kill off the top with quick attack? It's never worked whenever I've tried it. :p Oh well.

Soul.

Ver. 1.1.3 just released.

Looking at the patch thread, it seems like Pika wasn't changed.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_xmas_2015_full.png

Ho ho ho.

Tell Santachu what you want.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I want to be loved
I want an easy killconfirm, Santachu /kappa
Remove QA's RCO lag
Ho ho hoo boy.

I got goods, not miracles.

The Pika boards to be more active :urg:
Got your back for the night.

This thread at least.

serously though I would love a santachu

lookit him
he's adorable
That is one incredibly swank Pika.

Maybe I'll use that outfit next year.

I want you
Santachu
. . . B A B Y

Damn, Geo, missed you too.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oof, looking at when the first post on this page was made, I'm guessing the Pika boards aren't exactly the most active. Anyways, I'm gonna see about hanging out in what hopefully isn't a ghost thread since I'm considering picking Pika up. He was my secondary back in Brawl and I love his uair in Melee but have hardly used him in Sm4sh. Used him in slhg today and he was fun but haven't really used him much in vanilla Sm4sh. Left a post in the Q&A thread but no replies so figured I'd hang out here. Probably gonna do some exploring around this board...I'd say tomorrow but it's 2am so later today.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Well, after Genesis 3, it looks like Pikachu is gonna take a drop on tier lists.
Part of the problem of having a single rep that everyone looks to for assessing a character is that when that person doesn't perform well, the character doesn't either. :ohwell:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Well, after Genesis 3, it looks like Pikachu is gonna take a drop on tier lists.
Part of the problem of having a single rep that everyone looks to for assessing a character is that when that person doesn't perform well, the character doesn't either. :ohwell:
Plus people rarely give NAKAT any credit. :/ He was so close to beating SlayerZ too. It's so hard to make conclusions about characters with Genesis 3 since the tournament was so stacked. Pretty much any of the top 32 could have been a Top 8 pick and any of the Top 64 could have made Top 32 under normal circumstances. Pikachu's so good and has always been and he's gonna continue to talk him down now since there weren't any Pikas in Top 8 at G3 or whatever.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Plus people rarely give NAKAT any credit. :/ He was so close to beating SlayerZ too. It's so hard to make conclusions about characters with Genesis 3 since the tournament was so stacked. Pretty much any of the top 32 could have been a Top 8 pick and any of the Top 64 could have made Top 32 under normal circumstances. Pikachu's so good and has always been and he's gonna continue to talk him down now since there weren't any Pikas in Top 8 at G3 or whatever.
Yeah, I agree. ESAM is not the only person who does well with Pikachu. I noticed that NAKAT choked during his match towards the end so both of these top Pikachu players made mistakes that shouldn't necessarily reflect on the character.
Having two reps in the Top 32 of this tournament should at least mean that Pikachu doesn't deserve to be knocked down too far. He definitely is still a good contender for the Top 10.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
There were plenty of people repping Pikachu at Genesis. Captain L, NCJacob, and Z all made it to round 2 pools which is really good considering they didn't have a top seeding like ESAM and NAKAT did. So congrats to those players too.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
You are right about that, Pikabunz.

Also, if anyone's interested:
If anyone wants to ask ESAM a question such as "Why don't you visit the Pika boards on Smashboards more often?", be sure to tweet with the hashtag #ESAMA.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, if anyone's interested:
If anyone wants to ask ESAM a question such as "Why don't you visit the Pika boards on Smashboards more often?", be sure to tweet with the hashtag #ESAMA.

Soul.

Pika in top 13 at a stacked tourney like Genesis is still good lol.

ESAM losing to Teb sucks though, if he beat him he would have been in Top 32 Winners, unfortunately he didn't and went to Losers. Then later on in the bracket he gets destroyed 3-2 by ZSS with her ridiculous punish game. The risk/reward ratio is in her favor, not Pika's. The set doesn't mean she suddenly beats it now.

Also, I feel like NAKAT's Pika has definitely improved. He was doing really good during Top 32. Too bad game 5 vs. SlayerZ was so heartbreaking... ughhhh why. Had top 32 be best of 3 instead of 5, he would have pretty much beat Slay. His Pikachu is really great though.

Thor

Smash Champion
To people acting like Pikachu will drop in the rankings... keep in mind that the full roster will be 58 characters [if I recall correclty. This means if every top character main in the world showed up to an event and there were 5 Sheiks, 3 ZSS, 3 Rosa, and 2 Fox players in top 64 of the tournament, the spaces left would be 64-5-3-3-3-2 = 59-8 = 51 spots in top 64 for 58-5 = 53 characters to occupy.

Thus, with only slight character redundancy, it's entirely possible at an event that the best main of a character in the world gets 65th [in fact, by this math, it would be impossible for every top player main in the world to make top 64 if there was only 7 duplicate top tier characters in top 64 (58+7=65)].

Now, NAKAT, ESAM, Nairo, Dabuz, ZeRo, etc. all dual main characters, but 2 Pikachus in top 32 is still very good.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just watched ESAM's Q&A. Senpai didn't notice me.

I know, I'll just ping him here. Paging @[FBC] ESAM -

upload_2016-1-27_22-48-29.png

Goddammit senpai.

[EDIT]: Can't even tag him.

ESAM you son of a *****.

Last edited:

Parisienne

Umbran Witch
ESAM is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, but he's not going to be around these boards so everyone gotta make extra effort instead to produce/share knowledge. That's the way I see it. I don`t know if other high end players are active on boards (Dabuz on Rosa, Nairo on ZSS etc), but I guess it kinda sucks. ESAM knows a lot, he'd be able to help lots of Pikachu players who look up to him.

On a happier note, Ganon boards got Ray Kalm and Vermanubis. Yoooooooo.

Also hi, new guy or whatever.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
ESAM is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, but he's not going to be around these boards so everyone gotta make extra effort instead to produce/share knowledge. That's the way I see it. I don`t know if other high end players are active on boards (Dabuz on Rosa, Nairo on ZSS etc), but I guess it kinda sucks. ESAM knows a lot, he'd be able to help lots of Pikachu players who look up to him.

On a happier note, Ganon boards got Ray Kalm and Vermanubis. Yoooooooo.

Also hi, new guy or whatever.
It was a joke (though he should still notice Red). ESAM has come onto Smashboards a few times in the past though not often. We definitely have to--and we do--do a lot on our own. Like I said, we were just messing around.
On a side note, everyone should watch ESAM stream whenever he does. You can pick up a few things. And ask him questions. You could also try to communicate with him via Twitter.
However, he doesn't know everything about the character. Don't get me wrong, this dude knows A LOT (and he's my favorite player). But he likes to go full aggro a lot when there's more to Pikachu than just that (though his defensive play has been improving quite a bit, as shown by his increased use of down tilt). Regardless, it's still worth talking to him.
Also, welcome, new guy. :)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
@[FBC] ESAM, whenever you see this, please notice redfeatherraven redfeatherraven -chan. He is really cool.

Huh.

Not sure how you did that but aight. Thank ye kindly.

ESAM is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, but he's not going to be around these boards so everyone gotta make extra effort instead to produce/share knowledge.
Oh he absolutely isn't. I used to see him from time to time in the Brawl PGD, but he's been pretty sporadic for ages.

I don't even know if he should be around, to be honest. Much as it sucks not having him about he's got kind of a full plate going and while I'd love to see him pop in and lay down the wisdom, I also want to see him succeed. If it's down between SB and kicking ass, we'll hold the fort.

Right attitude, too. Without him, we gotta step up.

And welcome aboard, good to have you about.

Top Bottom