• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hi Pikachu boards! Teach me how to play Pikachu! I was reading Kaylo! guide and I read the "Pikachu is cuter that the whole cast" and I thought to myself..."Holy crap! Pikachu is facking adorable!" and that made up my mind to seriously wanna play Pikachu.

So some teach me! I always ask Kenny to teach me when I see him but he never does =(

KENNY LOOKS LIKE KEANU REEVES!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I read the "Pikachu is cuter that the whole cast" and I thought to myself..."Holy crap! Pikachu is facking adorable!" and that made up my mind to seriously wanna play Pikachu.
I lol'd.

Cuteness is the #1 reason to play Pikachu. If he wasn't so cuddly and adorable, he'd be low tier.

So some teach me! I always ask Kenny to teach me when I see him but he never does =(
I'll beat him up for you.

KENNY LOOKS LIKE KEANU REEVES!
I can kinda see that...... x.x

Anyways, if you go to the Pika Xat (after the weekend..... we're dead on the weekends), you can probably get someone to play you over wifi and teach you a few things.

I usually tell people to work on Pika in the following general order:

- First, just play a few matches and get a feel for his moveset, how he moves, etc. etc.
- Next, work on getting his major combos down: fthrow > usmash, dthrow > utilt/uair, uair > nair, ff fair > utilt/grab/whatever, etc.
- Also, kill combos. Pika can have trouble landing KOs, so knowing the general ways to kill (utilt > thunder, ff fair > nair, nair oos, etc.) is a huge help in the beginning
- Good DI/momentum canceling. Despite being light, Pika can survive a pretty long time, but you MUST know how to properly momentum cancel with ff uair > Skull Bash.
- Master QA. Not QAC but just recovering in general from every imaginable angle.
- CGs (fthrow and buffered dthrow)
- Edgeguarding
- QAC
- From there, focus on learning individual matchups, starting from top/high tier and/or whichever characters are most common in your region.
- Mindgames & playing the player
- Super situational stuff like the uair > footstool thingy, QAL, and jab locking

That's not a strict order, and I probably forgot something since that was off the top of my head, but there ya go. If you ever have any specific questions, you can always ask here or in the Q&A thread. =D

..........I hope I didn't go overboard. ;-;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He's a Fox main. He couldn't switch to Pikachu even if he wanted to.

He would be assassinated.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I don't think that guy was serious.
I actually am. =3

He's a Fox main. He couldn't switch to Pikachu even if he wanted to.

He would be assassinated.
pffffft Asdioh! Don't tell the Fox boards I am learning Pikachu! They would never forgive me luzzuzul~!~!~!

I'm definitely not switching, just boarding my my character selection. 2 weekends ago I went Fox and Kirby and placed 17th for the first time EVER! I always would get 25th.

Oh.

Yeah, well, **** you guys. :mad:

*cries*
*lands arwing with a Pikachu bumper sticker slapped on the side*

No I am totally serious!

Plan on playing some rounds with Pikachu after I finish my final exam today. I started it at like 12, it times out in like 6 hours. I have done only 19 questions. luzlzuzuzuzlz!~!!~~!!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Soft quits are good. Don't worry stealth, time (and minor adjustments) generally helps make things better.
If I cared what you guys thought of me, would I still be here?

It's a **** internet forum. 'Nuff said.
This is why people have and still dislike you. If youre going to stick around in a community that you are annoying, then youre essentially here to be annoying. You have said as much yourself. People dont dislike you irrationally, theres a reason people are annoyed by you and you have yet to make adjustments because in your own words "you don't care". Either change or accept the fact that you are here to just be a nuisance and that you will be treated as such, and stop implying fault is on the pika community. That just makes it worse for you.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Did I miss Kaylo deciding on what to be for Halloween somehow? (looked back a few pages)
You should go Pikachu. (I'm very late, I don't care)
Oh um, God if you see this, who is Owna? I feel that I missed a new title and that makes me sad.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@Truth

Oh for god sakes. The reason some of you don't like me is because everyone else is doing it. And if you haven't realized already, you and a few others are the only ones that still dislike me now. So how about I tell you the same thing I told the others that dislike me:

Stfu, hop off my ****, and do what you originally doing and hop on the ****ing bandwagon with everyone else. Everyone likes me now, so why don't you?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Serin: No, most people dislike you because you're legit annoying. Not tryin to hate, but it's the truth..... x.x

One-on-one you're not bad, but on the forum, you kinda just..... I dunno. Spam and fail a lot, lol.

No disrespect, just trying to help you understand where other people are coming from.

*lands arwing with a Pikachu bumper sticker slapped on the side*

No I am totally serious!
Oh good, I'm happy to hear that!

Force Kenny to teach you next time you run into him. Tell him I'll hang him by the balls if he doesn't. :)

Did I miss Kaylo deciding on what to be for Halloween somehow? (looked back a few pages)
You should go Pikachu. (I'm very late, I don't care)
Still thinking about it. A lot of my friends gave me **** for wanting to dress as Pika, so I dunno anymore. ;-;

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Blah, w/e. Still an internet forum to me.
Well, that's Tag's point. If you're gonna have the "whatever, it's just a forum, I'mma keep doing what I've been doing regardless" attitude, then.... quite frankly, stop *****ing about people hating you. x.o

And before you say "I don't care, I don't *****," let's be honest: you bring up the subject a lot. Even in a joking manner, the fact that you feel the need to constantly remind us that you're "the hated one" means you haven't truly gotten over it.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay, I'm going to stop bring **** up.

And I try not to be annoying, you guys just aren't being lenient with me.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Stay... QUIET?! X.X

Naw, I gotta say what's on my mind. I'm not going to be able to please everyone, so I'm just going to keep going at the pace that I'm going at.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay, I'm going to stop bring **** up.

And I try not to be annoying, you guys just aren't being lenient with me.
Nobody gets a break around here. XD

You're not the only one who gets **** on, you just kind of make an easy target.

My advice? Listen to Bigman.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind then, lol.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Bigman knows what's up. :) btw BigM don't you go to Georgia southern with Carter?

I need his number if you talk to him.

I need clarification, please

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have problems not being annoying when i'm not trying to be too. :(

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Blah, w/e. Still an internet forum to me.
These statements are really stupid. Why should it matter how I'm communicating? If I were talking on the phone or to a group of friends and you did the same junk I'd be just as annoyed. Fact of the matter is Im trying to communicate with people I like to talk to, so yes, I am going to care about how you treat the way I communicate with them. The fact that its face to face conversation or a forum/chat room is irrelevant.

Still don't care? Fine, just gtfo. Want to speak your mind and just go at the pace you're at? Great, do it somewhere else. We don't take a dump on the things you enjoy, so its common decency that you dont do the same to us. As you said you dont care about the fact that youre bothering everyone here, meaning you knowingly bring disenjoyment to the people here by sticking around with that attitude, which is very self-centered.

tl;dr: This is not the Burger King, you cannot have it your way. You're a guest in our community, you do things in a way we find acceptable (not that hard) or accept that you are an intentionally annoying, immature, and self-centered person and are right to be disliked.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
What?! No one is creeped out by my new avatar!?
That was my whole point of posting! Oh people giving you a hard time? You can go as a sexy witch then. Make sure you have a broom, I like witch costumes with brooms.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Serin stuff: At this point, let's just take it to PMs.... the discussion's obviously going nowhere.

What?! No one is creeped out by my new avatar!?
Your avatars are always creepy..... I don't even notice them anymore, tbh.

this. dress as pika for pound 4, and be like oh wait i thought it was halloween!
Lol. I thought about being Pika for Pound 4 instead, but I really don't wanna draw that much attention to myself. I just wanna dress as Pika because it's cute and reps my character. ;-;

I'll figure something out. =\

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Wiscus your avvy is really trippy. I don't think it would be so bad if it didn't have that little smirk to go along with the rest of it.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If you don't want to dress as Pika but still wanna rep him, just take a stun gun and go around shocking people while yelling "Pika!"

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Maybe they weren't really friends. A lot of people randomly friend everyone just to have a big friend list.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What Prime said.

I had a lot of people (like ~20) who I've never even talked to, they just randomly friended me, and I was too lazy to reject, lol. (I usually just click the "select all" button and hit submit.)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm planning on going.

Regardless of whether I actually make it there or not, it'll be the second and probably last tournament I travel to.... Brawl just isn't that special. @.@ So everybody should go!

Top Bottom