• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh yea every character in 64 pretty much got nerfed along the series for they will never be that good again lol.
Jiggs didn't get nerfed.

Man these posts are short.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
PZ said:
Oh yea every character in 64 pretty much got nerfed along the series for they will never be that good again lol.
I think Fox can expect to be about as good, while Samus, Link, Luigi, and Jigglypuff all improved and can expect to be as good as they were then (or better). Unless you are talking purely about combo game, in which case of course, they won't have zero-lag aerials ever again probably. I don't think Pikachu will ever dominate that much, same for Kirby, and Captain Falcon may not get that treatment again either... don't know about DK, Yoshi, Ness, and Mario though.

Is it movie night every night until the PGD title changes or what?

PZ

Smash Lord
Difference between melee and 64 jigs to me is that rest is weaker so therefore nerf.
@ Thor Thor Fox is an overall good character that should never be bad regardless of what sequel but I say nerf because lasers don't even anymore and the control over hitboxes for 64 fox will never be that good again(something like First hit of uair). I got to be honest, I never really tried out DK in 64 but yoshi and ness were just too technical for me. Oh yea mario is probably the most neutral character in the series by far.

#Samus got better from 64 to melee lol.

I think tonight is the actual movie night though. I believe so...probably...I see a time yes?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
late cuz job stuff:
happy way belated bday prime, may the 4inchers never decay to bronze
lucina is cool or something, robin looks hype. in all honesty im sitting over here palms sweating mom spaghetti because no sight of my manon ganon yet.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I see 4inchers and I immediately think **** joke. Whose **** is being joked on?

Robin is hype.

Ganon never appears in a timely fashion. This is why things can be Hijacked by Ganon. I expect all the spare time is being dedicated to clearing the suck out of his Brawl appearance.
That alone could delay it until next year, but I expect he'll be vastly improved on reveal.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Ganon is love, Ganon is life.

San Japan was beast. So many fun stories here and there: Prime and I got some sweet-ass Eeveelution hats, we got to be werewolves and I lynched him, he pulled the emo chicks left and right, we went to the rave both nights, Tofer got tons of swag, Beros ran our Smash money/controller handling better than the rest of the venue's volunteers combined, and then we danced at the rave some more. I'm sad it's over, and I now want some form of Arcanine Gijinka for cosplay purposes. Or a badass hoodie. I'm still hype.

Oh, and I almost forgot:

PRIME TOOK 2ND IN BRAWL 1V1 OUT OF 73 ENTRANTS AND 1ST IN BRAWL 2V2 OUT OF 32!!!
He outplaced all of SA and his only losses in Brawl were to Denti.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I may not be Prime, but 9th of 75 going pretty much all Pika. Felt so happy to beat my 13th placement curse :D

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, I actually had a lot of fun at San Japan. Would do again next year and maybe even with a costume. Thanks for everything, wingmaaaaaaaaaan.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'll try to go next year.
But meh, anime cons. Good job prime, results of Pikas getting 2nd and only losing to Olimar in tournament happens two weeks in a row.

Because the weekend before I got second at Who's Tyler and only lost to Mini. x.x

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Hopefully by next year I'll be fully hired so I can earn true vacation days instead of having "one day off per month" cause I'm still a temp hire. I would've had some "**** yeah night time" with y'all but I had to take Slush and his brother back.

I think for our Smash Volunteers, we just needed one more. It ran great, but I would like a little rotation. As for the non-entrants with Maan on full time bracket leader and Cassie and I alternating between registry and controller check out, there would've been no way for me to enter without cause some work overload. I like how we were preparing before Fishouse's group got in-- we can definitely improve this greatness even further.

Also Maan on that recruiting business. Sure hope those kids follow up. Fairly cute for some young'ns, my height too, but not my age... ****

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You're talking about the three girls? You're damn right I invited them. Lmao

All 3 were 17+, the one I liked was at least 19 but I think she had a BF. She should've known better than to sign up as Tigress with me tho. :D

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You're talking about needing one more Smash volunteer and offering **** yeah night times and cute girls.

****. You're damn near recruiting me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Max10n confirmed for homie.

Tempting though the offer be, I actually just got hired on full-time out here. Looks like the Mideast still got me for now. But homie you be.

On that, side note: Rootin for you Beros. Lord knows if I can graduate from temp you got a shot.

Thor

Smash Champion
PZ said:
rest is weaker so therefore nerf.
No, rest is more powerful, just slightly smaller hitbox. Want proof? Go to training mode in each game, and on Dreamland, set a Captain Falcon on the side platform in Melee at 40% and a Ness on the side platform in 64 at 40%. If you rest each of them so that they go toward the close blastline, Ness will survive (or he did in my testing) [and he's kind of light] while the hardest-to-KO-off-the-top (and fairly heavy) Captain Falcon will die, regardless of DI. Rest is also punishable even if landed on someone fast (like Captain Falcon) at like 20% in the original at last check, but not in Melee even with proper DI, showing that Rest launches farther in Melee.

Congrats to Prime for doing so well in tournaments. It stinks that the Olimar-Pikachu MU is so bad for Pikachu but I'm sure you're already cooking up more solutions in the lab (I'm lame - when the other guy picks Olimar I CP Falco).

Last edited:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Brawl will never die... primarily because of the sour taste it left in some people's mouths. Just like you never forget a bad breakup, Brawl will linger in our collective community psyche in one way or another despite being a fine game.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Well I, for one, plan on forgetting the game ever existed the second Smash 4 releases in Japan. I think that's healthier.

Thor

Smash Champion
Phoenix Lord' said:
Or maybe he won't do anything about it because Smash 4 is right around the corner.
Quitter. And Prime liked it? Giving up too? Laaaaaaaaaame...

Phoenix Lord' said:
Well I, for one, plan on forgetting the game ever existed the second Smash 4 releases in Japan. I think that's healthier.
YOU BASTA-... wait... if you forget the game existed... you will have no memory of it or anything associated with it... you'll get off the PGD?

yes yes Yes Yes YES YES YES!!! ALL RIGHT SMASH 4 COULDN'T COME SOON ENOUGH BEFORE AND IT DEFINITELY CAN'T NOW WOOT WOOT!!!

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
... It's on the Brawl boards... so if you don't remember Brawl and that it existed, no Brawl boards = no PGD...

Oh wait nevermind new boards on the Smash 4 section. Pretty sure I just had some failed logic there.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
And the thread dies again with brawl talk.

Let's go back to everyone talking about going to San Japan next year so we can all rave and pick up *******.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
We'd need a truck for all the emo chicks K Prime pulls.

I'm jealous of Slush and Turbo now, everyone should have 10+ names in their nickname.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I had 2 or 3 girls ask me to bounce with them.
I refused cause dunno about dancing and making myself look like a fool in front of people even if they're doing the same ****, that and

Vale

Smash Ace
i can't really dance either but i never seem to go wrong with dropping sick moves like this:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Back when I still drank and I was too drunk to do **** I'd do this move called the Scales of Libra. It was successful.

Top Bottom