• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Petition to raise the entry cap

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
note that the number's already at ~179 entrants

if there's need for any more cap raising, I recommend price raises as a form of lighting fires under asses

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
11 spots left for Project M now, better register if you want to go.

As of now:
Melee: 221 entrants
Project M: 185 entrants
Brawl: 121 entrants

So it looks like brawl is not going to to be anywhere as large as it was last year (338 entrants), I think there will be more time to run an uncapped PM bracket?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You never know. Also numbers for brawl are higher than last year at this time.

BTW We will be raising the cap to 256 for PM

IceArrow

Smash Lord
lol, Brawl players usually wait until right before the tournament to sign up just like me. Nobody from New England has signed up and I know we will have at least 10 here for Brawl. But super hyped for the new Project M cap.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I hope the cap for PM isn't reached by the time I get the money to pre register.

I'll just hope lol. Otherwise at least there's melee. :)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm more keen on getting it official. Then again, I did notice that the schedule for APEX is already out so it might be a touch too late, which makes my heart heavy. But, who knows, PM is worthwhile.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah, there's no reason to count out Brawl. Most people reg last minute (proven fact lol) and we still have a little more than a month left.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah I think JCaesar and I will be unofficially running a dubs tourney after the singles tourney is over.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
You shouldn't have to beg for a cap increase when you are adding to overall tournament revenue by creating an enticing environment that attracts more people. The T/O should be the one begging. It sounds like this is expanding very nicely. Kudos to you for trying to push the boundaries and expand further, its that drive that will ultimately lead to your success.

In the end, by adding this nice (should be cap free) environment, you can not only help create an "Apex all things smash event", but you can help generate even more revenue for the Apex staff/leadership to help promote overall growth.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
put a cap on Brawl instead, look at those registration numbers

although seriously, could we get a comparison to last year's numbers for Melee/Brawl

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sorry PM players, but it needs to be said: as awesome as your game is, nobody cares how much u hate brawl

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So, we've apparently hit another cap at 250. (I guess the last 16 spots are reserved for Apex staff? Never really heard that that was a thing until the cap was hit.)

So is this it then, or is there a chance of another cap increase?

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I didn't get paid until today, and fully intended of entering, especially with how many hours I've dumped in this game.

Raise cap pls?

MC_The

Smash Rookie
Signed... even though it probably won't do anything. However I feel if other things don't fill up quite so much that the problem of "time" could be fixed by having PM fill the unfilled slots.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think we should be grateful that the cap was not only raised once, but a second time. I doubt they will raise it again and in all seriousness though, you snooze you lose.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
except that's not the whole problem

half the time people tried to sign up, the site was out-right down, meaning ppl who were waiting for it to come back up got shafted. players like amsa and armada, who were likely going to be the big killers in P:M, weren't originally able to sign up, and now they can't, period

I'm ok with the idea of "first come first serve", what I'm not ok w/ is that first come first serve being essentially potluck due to an awful server

Morphine

Smash Cadet
It would really be amazing to raise the cap just once more. If tv's are a problem I'm sure the community can get together and find some. I know I have atleast one I could bring.

MattNF

Smash Lord
If the project m cap isn't raised, I'm not going to go to apex. Pretty dumb that Brawl has a bigger player cap than project m despite having lower player turnouts.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Our server is getting DDOS and we had switched over the smashboards to fix it. Sadly someone wants to take down all our sites

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
If the project m cap isn't raised, I'm not going to go to apex. Pretty dumb that Brawl has a bigger player cap than project m despite having lower player turnouts.

It hasn't in previous years! 2012 Brawl had 400 entrants, 2013 had close to 400. Guys we'll do what we can, k?

Morphine

Smash Cadet
I'm starting to feel this way too. My main reason going is to be able to play and learn and I'm not even sure how easy friendlies will be as just a spectator.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm gonna be all kinds of QQ if Armada can't enter -- literally the only Singles event he was going to enter. :c
Is Armada even going to Apex? If he is and he wants to attend P:M Singles I'm willing to give up my spot, I don't really even play P:M lol. I sent him a PM on Facebook

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna be all kinds of QQ if Armada can't enter -- literally the only Singles event he was going to enter. :c
don't worry top players always get the perks that newbies can't fathom. I'm sure if Armada wants to enter P:M singles, he'll be pushed immediately to the top of the list

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think this is accurate. Since Brawl players don't have an entrant cap, they're able and willing to wait until the last minute in order to register, and I'm sure their entrant count will reach around 350ish.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I seriously considered asking for a refund and not attending Apex if I couldn't enter Project M but remembered it's Apex, and I love the East Coast. Wouldn't be happy, but I would still end up enjoying the event.

Soviet_SR-71

Smash Rookie
posted for the waitlist, and signed the petition.. really hoping they increase the cap! P:M is the reason I want to go. Can anyone bring more TVs to the venue? I don't have a car or I would bring 2 or 3 lol.. Salvation Army is practically giving away CRT televisions, they have so many. good luck

Top Bottom