• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Nevermind what I posted. Although, yeah, it kinda sucks that the DLC characters won't have Guidances.

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
This is one of the pictures I've take with the plant. Gotta be one of the coolest of them all
plant.jpg

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Little Z's Piranha Plant montage is up. As usual, it's completely glorious.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Yo, how do you make montages?
Easiest way if you don't have a way to capture Switch gameplay: Ultimate allows you to convert replays into videos. Get an SD card for your Switch, convert replays to videos, then stick them into your video editor of choice and go nuts

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not much goes on.

No Plant players have made much of a splash in the competitive scene (yet), and understandably the character isn't talked about much with so few people playing them. That said, VoiD recently was the first top player to say Plant wasn't bottom/low tier:

I've picked up Piranha Plant as a full fledged secondary recently, so I'm on that grind/happy to see others see more than just "slow/no neutral" in the character.

Speculation-wise (which is what the majority people come to this site for), most are waiting for the rest of the DLC fighters, as well as future patches for potential buffs/nerfs. Activity will pick up when the next content drops/is announced.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

Seemingly best Piranha Plant out there right now. Great set of matches with Zero's commentary.

D

Deleted member

Just passing by to remind the thread about the fact that this is a real thing in a real LEGO game.

4ECFC4BE-4447-43A9-BBC5-5A10DE4ECF08.jpeg

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
So, is it safe to do All-Star Mode when you have Piranha Plant unlocked? Some problems came about for people a while back, so I'm just wondering if anyone can verify if things have been changed.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
It was never really an issue if your SD card was legitimate. It was a problem only on the counterfeit kind. If you have a legit card, you’re Gucci.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It was never really an issue if your SD card was legitimate. It was a problem only on the counterfeit kind. If you have a legit card, you’re Gucci.
...Define counterfeit. How do you have a fake SD card?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you bought it from a foreign or not reputable vendor, usually that. If you got one from SanDisk or the officially licensed Nintendo ones, you should be fine.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So it turns out version 3.0.0 gave Ptooie more range, meaning the spiked ball travels further.

Also edge attack has more range, but the Ptooie buff is really good.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Also, does the ball just go further, or does it have a bigger hitbox? Going further seems like a mixed bag to me.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, mine's downloading, but, honestly, I couldn't really tell you probably just from eyeballing it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So is that range on how far the ball is spit, how far the ball goes up when idling with it or how large the hitboxes of the projectile itself?

Arthur97

Smash Master
SmashWiki says the spiked ball is bigger, so that solves that problem.
Not always super accurate. The Lucina page kept fluctuating for a while. May take a bit before things are concrete.

Still, I destroyed a Joker with the plant. This pleases me.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Okay seriously so many of you dropped Plant. This social thread is basically dead. Y’all knew Plant wouldn’t be that good. But surprise, surprise, y’all left as soon as people said he was bad. Even y’all who were “Plant Gang” for months have suddenly disappeared. It’s a shame. There’s not even an attempt to do anything. He actually has some pretty good stuff (covered on page 176 of competitive character impressions by yours truly) that is a solid case for at least mid tier and nowhere near bottom 5. But y’all quit after like four days. I’m disappointed. But for those who stayed loyal, come over to the matchup discussion thread so that we can talk and actually try and keep the meta here on smashboards moving.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This why the huge demand for Waluigi seemed empty. I feel bad for these characters who have so many people who claim to love them but then drop them in a heartbeat.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Boi, I ain't ever dropping Plant. If Dedede weren't the perfect specimen he is, I'd probably main the bloke. Right now, he's just so close to there for me, but just needs a bit of fine tuning for me to consider truly maining him.
But I agree. The amount of people who just walked away from Plant because he isn't high-tier (which people really should've seen coming anyway, considering he's easily this game's "joke character") disheartens me greatly, considering how cool and unique a character he really is. I really hope he gets buffed in the future just so people will be willing to give him a chance again.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
This why the huge demand for Waluigi seemed empty. I feel bad for these characters who have so many people who claim to love them but then drop them in a heartbeat.
Yeah. That's also the case with Ridley, very popular because of the "too big" meme but once Ultimate came out almost nobody played him

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah. That's also the case with Ridley, very popular because of the "too big" meme but once Ultimate came out almost nobody played him
However I do think there was a lot of genuine love for the character otherwise I don't think the demand for him would have lasted this long. Waluigi on the otherhand seems to have very few people who genuinely want him in the game. It seems to be 90% memes. Memes that have already been forgotten since nobody is really talking about it anymore.

Top Bottom