• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Yep that’s the case and I just did all that a couple of hours ago

Still need my code though for eshop
Oof. I hope you get it in time. All the codes expire by the 31st, and I'd hate for you to have to buy the character who is supposed to be an early buy bonus. Protip: if you have a gmail, check your promotions section, that's where mine got shuffled. I thought my code was lost somewhere because I never go into the promotions section of my gmail.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oof. I hope you get it in time. All the codes expire by the 31st, and I'd hate for you to have to buy the character who is supposed to be an early buy bonus. Protip: if you have a gmail, check your promotions section, that's where mine got shuffled. I thought my code was lost somewhere because I never go into the promotions section of my gmail.
Hope so too

But I wouldn’t be surprised if I got the code soon

That that was the case I would probably contact Nintendo Email and tell them I got the code for piranaha plant too late

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Hope so too

But I wouldn’t be surprised if I got the code soon

That that was the case I would probably contact Nintendo Email and tell them I got the code for piranaha plant too late
I hope that would work out for you, but as someone who's contacted their customer service before, they can be kind of rigid on just what they can and can't just undo for you depending on the task your asking of them. Giving you a new code or just giving you PP seems kind of 50/50 either way based on my past experiences.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hope that would work out for you, but as someone who's contacted their customer service before, they can be kind of rigid on just what they can and can't just undo for you depending on the task your asking of them. Giving you a new code or just giving you PP seems kind of 50/50 either way based on my past experiences.
Wait dude

You made a mistake

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

Look at the expire date for the codes.

6/30/2019

The codes don’t expire till June so everyone who registers physical copy’s before the 31st will infact get the plant

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Wait dude

You made a mistake

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

Look at the expire date for the codes.

6/30/2019

The codes don’t expire till June so everyone who registers physical copy’s before the 31st will infact get the plant
Oops, my bad. Guess the deadline to sign is the 31st. Thanks for clearing that up. Just make sure you register that code before June then.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Guys, this may actually be the week we get the PLANT. My money is on Friday, February 1st.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I may have to check my email again as I too do not have the code. I'm going to email Nintendo as I think I may have accidentally deleted the code.

D

Deleted member

I'll need to dig around for the code...not sure if I have it or not anymore since its been a bit. I discovered it awhile back, but I forgot about it until just now.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
You gotta look around in any wierd places in ur email like spam. Or like how gmail has my account where its split between regular emails, promotional and social, it might be in the promotional section (which is where i found mines).

D

Deleted member

I know I had gotten my code awhile back. I'm trying to retrace my steps since I forgot, but is it possible to enter the code, once its received, in the eShop even though Piranha Plant hasn't been released yet?

I might have done that just to make sure I wouldnt lose the code so I could just download when ready and not wait.

Midoriki

Smash Cadet
I hope you're right. I also hope it's thursday :p But friday makes more sense.
Japan hits Friday earlier than most of the world, so if they did a global release at midnight UTC+9 this could potentially happen? Although I think Nintendo has been doing digital releases based local time for the switch? We might at least know if it's worth it to stay up till midnight Thursday!

Ahhh excited~

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Japan hits Friday earlier than most of the world, so if they did a global release at midnight UTC+9 this could potentially happen? Although I think Nintendo has been doing digital releases based local time for the switch? We might at least know if it's worth it to stay up till midnight Thursday!

Ahhh excited~

We plant gangsters need only survive a few more days without the leafy menace. I'll be up past midnight anyway, so I'd be happy if it dropped on Thursday.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
I know I had gotten my code awhile back. I'm trying to retrace my steps since I forgot, but is it possible to enter the code, once its received, in the eShop even though Piranha Plant hasn't been released yet?

I might have done that just to make sure I wouldnt lose the code so I could just download when ready and not wait.
Its best to do that in the first place. Its what I did

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I may have to check my email again as I too do not have the code. I'm going to email Nintendo as I think I may have accidentally deleted the code.
I'll need to dig around for the code...not sure if I have it or not anymore since its been a bit. I discovered it awhile back, but I forgot about it until just now.
Yea got my 60 coins yesterday (registering) so I’m waiting for my code too

Atleast even if we don’t get them by the 31st the codes do t expire til June 30th and that’s a long long time

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am also expecting the plant to drop around Friday...guess what my weekend will look like, then

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Planned/scheduled for early February" was probably not meant to be taken so literally.

Dunno if Plant drops alongside the patch, but their files will almost definitely be added along with the update (around 5 PST).

D

Deleted member

I know I got mine awhile back, but I can't find it anymore (I dont like my email count to be high, so I routinely delete anything old). Hopefully, when I got the code, I just immediately put it in so I could just download when it's out without having to worry.

I'd be pissed if I lost it, but to be honest, I'd likely just buy the plant later when he becomes available lol.

EDIT: Gonna edit my post since I don't want to double post.

I decided on a name for my Piranha Amiibo: Carnivine
He will be the 5th Gen Pokemon rep that they haven't given us! Playable full grass type that they refused to give us!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

But Carnivine is 4th gen tho.
Oops...Well, I went and fixed it; keeping my original blunder in there for shame lol.

EDIT: wait...we already have Lucario who's a 4th gen....balls!!
Another edit will be needed

Last edited by a moderator:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I for one welcome our new plant overlords. :ultgreninja: can water them, :ultincineroar: can keep them warm in the winter, :ultwiifittrainerm: can supply them with the sun, and :ultlittlemac: can teach them how to punch people in the face. My mains have been training for this day.

(though I think people are getting ahead of themselves, there isn't confirmation our plant baby is even going to be released at patch drop. Always a chance he'll be later activated)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really do hope it's today.

I think it might just be the patch, but we never know :)

D

Deleted member

Even if it is today, I dont think I have time to test him out. KH III has been taunting me the last 14 years. I will not be denied.

Midoriki

Smash Cadet
Optimistic me: We're getting the plant today! :D

Pessimistic me: We won't get the plant till next patch :'(

Compromising me: We'll get the files for the plant today, but only hackers will be able to use them till the 1st... Time to accidentally brick my switch! xD

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just entered the code and restarted my system (it said I neede to restart the switch to get this content to update into smash) so I’m good to go now

(Would like to know where I see where the dlc content goes though.)

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
many are skeptical because why would nintendo be silent about piranha plant being in this update and not even try to hype it up?

this update will probably be nothing special

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
many are skeptical because why would nintendo be silent about piranha plant being in this update and not even try to hype it up?

this update will probably be nothing special
Its a 2.0.0 update, not 1.3.0. Please don’t be pessimistic just for the sake of it. They wouldn’t jump a whole number for something minor.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I'm not...just saying hiding a whole character is something else could it just be bug fixes and buff/nerfs?
Thing is, they aren’t “hiding” him. They already unveiled him, went over his moveset, and throughoutly explained how to redeem him. But you could most certainly be right. I just think its more fun to hope.

Top Bottom