• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Out of curiosity, does anyone think that the Piranha Plant will end up being a lightweight fighter? I could see it being among the lightest fighters in the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Out of curiosity, does anyone think that the Piranha Plant will end up being a lightweight fighter? I could see it being among the lightest fighters in the game.
He will be midweight or somehow a heavy

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
He will be midweight or somehow a heavy
How many people here actually have potted plants? They're usually pretty light, depending on the size of the pot/plant. :chuckle:

I own some, I love them, they're my babies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How many people here actually have potted plants? They're usually pretty light, depending on the size of the pot/plant. :chuckle:

Maybe Pete’s pot weight a lot

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
If I had to guess, it'll likely be around Toon Link's weight, the heavier end of lightweights

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone is curious as to why I think that the Piranha Plant would be lightweight is because I don't think its flower pot is all that heavy; the pot would have to be lightweight if the Piranha Plant wants to move around freely.

Its size could make you think otherwise, but when you look at Rosalina, she's unusually light for someone who nearly rivals Ganondorf in the height department.

D

Deleted member

There's also the fact that his recovery is way too majestic for it to be for a heavy weight.

Tbh he'd never die.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mind if I hang out? The general has finally gone full-on /v/ and I can't take that nonsense anymore.

If anyone is curious as to why I think that the Piranha Plant would be lightweight is because I don't think its flower pot is all that heavy; the pot would have to be lightweight if the Piranha Plant wants to move around freely.

Its size could make you think otherwise, but when you look at Rosalina, she's unusually light for someone who nearly rivals Ganondorf in the height department.
I'd say middleweight is reasonable, he's no hog like Petey is (who is consistently heavy in spin-off appearances, iirc). Plus there's the fact that Sakurai is the only person on the planet who thought about making PP playable in any capacity with no established weight class, too, so it's interesting in that sense.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I always love the utter madness that Sakurai let's loose in these situation and watching to reactions to it are highly amusing.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Okay, how many people here actually like PP just as it is and not as a "haha we got this instead of Issac, cry some more you losers"? Kinda hate that attitude.

For me PP is interesting entirely because it spews poison. I'm enamored with venomous animals and like to research them in my free time. I've always wanted a character that uses poisonous abilities in Smash, so I'm anxiously awaiting the day PP releases.
Silly monsters with loads of personality in general are really appealing, so I'm glad we get to play as one and it gets to be more than a mere obstacle in our way, existing only to be destroyed.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Okay, how many people here actually like PP just as it is and not as a "haha we got this instead of Issac, cry some more you losers"? Kinda hate that attitude.

For me PP is interesting entirely because it spews poison. I'm enamored with venomous animals and like to research them in my free time. I've always wanted a character that uses poisonous abilities in Smash, so I'm anxiously awaiting the day PP releases.
Silly monsters with loads of personality in general are really appealing, so I'm glad we get to play as one and it gets to be more than a mere obstacle in our way, existing only to be destroyed.
It's interesting when you realize Piranha Plant has never been fully playable in almost three decades of Mario titles and spin-offs, which kind of puts him in the same boat as Ridley.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

I grew a pineapple plant 2 years ago. I'm not sure if I would consider doing it again because once it grows big enough that you have to transfer it to a huge pot it becomes a bit of a hassle to take care of (at least in the environment I had it growing). Plus my roommate's cat always tried to eat the leaves and sit inside of the pot. :facepalm:

The plant unfortunately didn't survive the winter, but taking care of it was a nice learning experience.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's interesting when you realize Piranha Plant has never been fully playable in almost three decades of Mario titles and spin-offs, which kind of puts him in the same boat as Ridley.
Looks like both characters are very special villains in the world of Smash

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132

Possible very possible, but that could prove to be quite an issue if true. His ground speed looks among the slowest as well so slow speed plus being light seems like a volatile combination.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

I genuinely like Piranha Plant as a character, and I only retaliated against other people after they got mad at the plant first and blamed it for their characters not getting in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The countdown till the Petey Plant kills all

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Possible very possible, but that could prove to be quite an issue if true. His ground speed looks among the slowest as well so slow speed plus being light seems like a volatile combination.
Jigglypuff is also quite slow on the ground, but at least its air speed makes up for the poor ground mobility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I like that PP acts like the silliest trojan horse for Petey, and shows how viable it is to make a character that borrows various subspecies traits.

Especially given the only reason he is ignored at all is that they often forget he can move outside of pipes and settled for Petey as a playable plant. Sakurai really did the unthinkable.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I don't think Piranha Plant will need a ton of mobility anyway, at least not for the playstyle it seemingly wants to specialize in: highly gimmicky, and wants to force the opponent to play at his pace. It appears to have a decent recovery, though air speed may be an issue (honestly we haven't seen enough of it to get an idea of its air speed).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh, great, that was Zelda's downfall, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least the Piranha Plant can extend its attack range, so even if it ends up being a lightweight with low mobility, it would have the reach to make up for it.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
At least the Piranha Plant can extend its attack range, so even if it ends up being a lightweight with low mobility, it would have the reach to make up for it.
Thing is from the moves we seen Plant doesn't have above average reach overall. His stretch is very telegraphed and can easily be reacted to and blocked. It seems more like something you use when already in advantage or when your opponent has committed to a long range option.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only waiting 2 months after Smash Ultimate comes out won’t be so bad...unless I’m just hiding the pain and suffering of waiting for the next top tier character

Oddball

Smash Lord
Okay, how many people here actually like PP just as it is and not as a "haha we got this instead of Issac, cry some more you losers"?
Put me down as a little bit of column A a little bit of column B.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since Palutena’s Guidances are back...I can assume Piranha Plant gets the dlc convo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's just hope Snake Codecs come back, considering his voice actor really wants to do them again.
So far it’s not seeming that way, but I atleast want the old codecs to return

Top Bottom