• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm going to be honest, pun intended, he grew on me. He kinda looks like a silly little guy who just so happened to be mailed a smash invitation by mistake and he's just happy to be there. I'm not gonna blame him for a lot of the dumb decisions Sakurai made, but his reveal did come as a rather punch to the gut over all, even if I like him.

Last edited:

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
What I'm really happy about is how we got another character like Wii Fit Trainer who had virtually ZERO support and not even their own thread. I absolutely love WTF characters.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I am so HERE for this.
He looks tricky and not a basic swordfighter, yet not gimmicky by any sense. PIRANHA FOR TOP TIER PLS

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm looking forwards to playing as Piranha Plant. I think he's so awesome, I can't even be mad over the lack of WAH. (hey, he's got it better than my other most wanteds: a stage hazard, a Final Smash cameo, two ATs that haven't even returned and a character who has never been mentioned in Smash history, not counting the chronicle which also has Hamtaro and Popeye games listed)

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to see more of Pirahna Plant. I've always enjoyed characters like Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Wii Fit Trainer, but Pirahna Plant is in a whole other league of "WTF?" I really appreciate that Sakurai is still able to throw some hard-hitting curveballs even though he knows most fans will be super salty.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to see more of Pirahna Plant. I've always enjoyed characters like Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Wii Fit Trainer, but Pirahna Plant is in a whole other league of "WTF?" I really appreciate that Sakurai is still able to throw some hard-hitting curveballs even though he knows most fans will be super salty.
The man is out of his mind and that's why we love him

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Unlike Wii fit trainer, this character looks actually good for battle.

game and watch looks better too this time around tho

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I can't believe this thread actually exists.

Do we have a group name yet? I've been calling it the Piranha Plant Posse but I dunno if there's been any other names brought up.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Plant Gang recruit reporting for duty! I can't wait to see more gameplay of this character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, Sakurai is crazy.

He makes Mario like Ryu and Luigi like Ken, then adds both Ryu and Ken in consecutive games.

He takes a lot of ideas from a lot of fighting games, from Rosalina being a puppet master to Greninja being Not Strider.

Now he's made Dhalsim into a plant that shoots poison in the form of a common enemy from Mario 1, 2 and 3 that I absolutely love.

Really such a fantastic concept that came together. Very very very basic, very simple, but somehow strangely unique and like nothing we've seen in Smash even after having 76 freaking characters in the base roster.

Really well done character. Just the touch of craziness + other fighting games we need.

(Also we are getting eerily close to Sakurai and company having recreated literally all of the Street Fighter II vanilla roster lol)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We live in a timeline where we've seen Piranha Plant's final smash before Young Link's

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I've made a thing. While watching the Treehouse the guy on the far left was holding his arm out for a few seconds and I thought "that's about to be exploitable".

Going Green never felt so right. Plant Gang:192:

I ain't even mad.png

Slowdragon

Smash Rookie
I'm not really sure if it goes here, but I made a Smashcord esque server for our plant boye where we can discuss him and stuff.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I am so deeply sorry to so many fans, especially Isaac fans, and Piranha Plant's inclusion is downright insulting. Also, I love it, one of my fav newcomers and smash characters of all time, and I'm probably going to main it...

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Never have I wanted to main a plant before, but I do now.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
This is probably not the popular opinion, but I appreciate surprise factor almost as much as seeing my favourite characters playable, so it was hard to dwell on the disappointment of not getting a playable ARMS character when the next fighter revealed was such an off-the-wall pick. No joke, I clapped almost all the way through Piranha Plant's trailer. You can't predict Sakurai, you just can't. I hope everyone remembers that the next time they think their top pick is "a lock" or " a shoo-in".

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
This is probably not the popular opinion, but I appreciate surprise factor almost as much as seeing my favourite characters playable, so it was hard to dwell on the disappointment of not getting a playable ARMS character when the next fighter revealed was such an off-the-wall pick. No joke, I clapped almost all the way through Piranha Plant's trailer. You can't predict Sakurai, you just can't. I hope everyone remembers that the next time they think their top pick is "a lock" or " a shoo-in".
I had the biggest smile on my face when Piranha Plant was revealed (in a positive way not spiteful) and I haven't felt this type of way with a newcomer reveal since Wii Fit trainer. Wii Fit was a character I never asked for or ever considered being a newcomer for Smash but after I saw her reveal, and eventually got my hands on playing her I was like, "yeah I totally vibe with this character and her move set regardless if she won't be one the best tier list wise". I still play her and will add Wii Fit to my Squad Strike mains, but I can't pass up Piranha Plant and how well Sakurai did with designing how he plays in Ultimate.

Petey Piranha is a nice addition as a Final Smash. Petey was always one of my favorite characters to use in Mario spin off games whenever avaiable (Waluigi + Petey in Double Dash for example).

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
All hail our Chlorophyll Overlord!
As soon as it releases my friend and I are going to tag team Piranha Plant online, it's going to be so dumb I can't wait.
To the best character I never knew I wanted

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is definitely a "what the heck" moment. The Piranha Plant had no realistic chance of making the playable cut, and yet it somehow beat the impossible odds.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm just glad that Piranha Plant isn't limited time DLC (while others think it is for some reason). It's a free character if you register/pre-purchase within the time window, but still available to buy on its own or part of the Fighter Pass. Another reason why I'm glad Piranha Plant isn't limited time DLC is because he won't be banned since it'll be available to everyone. ^u^

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
I'm just going to drop this here. Also if someone could make that dance a .gif file it would be greatly appreciated.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
This was the hypest reveal for me after Daisy's. It looks incredibly fun to play as.

I cannot wait to see SSBU highlight videos with characters with god-like powers like Rosalina, Palutena and Bayonetta fighting a potted plant and LOSE.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I do wonder, if PP ends up being top tier, you think he'd get more hate than Bayo for being even less "wanted"? (I put quotations for obvious reasons ;P)
This community of ours does oh so love to complain, wouldn't surprise me

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
The little guy has feet. Also thanks for the .gifs.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, let's do this.
I didn't like this character at first, but now, I can't get enough of the guy. He has transcended the realm of "WTF" characters, he is a "WHY" character. And I love that about him. There's just something about the fact that someone like Bowser can go up against a potted plant and LOSE that's just too good to bear. I can't say I'd enjoy an entire roster made up of complete and utter deviantArt picks, but as a one-time deal, I think I can dig it. Sign me up for the Plant Gang!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's cool that it gets Putrid Piranha colors from Paper Mario:TTYD when charging it's poison breath.

Also it has a Petey Piranha Stand.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I'm still shocked he made it in but I'm all for it

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
It's cool that it gets Putrid Piranha colors from Paper Mario:TTYD when charging it's poison breath.

Also it has a Petey Piranha Stand.
I wonder if the poison can do extra damage after it activates. Like for a second or two it does like 5-10% damage.

Top Bottom