• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pete's vids.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i don't like combos that don't link

it's an obsessive thing

that being said, i'm back from camping with a few ideas in mind so i might pick up the controller

clubbadubba

Smash Master
this is really good pete, exactly what i was imagining. I was showing my friend these "basic" combos and then you threw in some reverse bair lol.

Only thing I would add might be a little instruction for some combos, mainly when saying what kind of hop you used (c short, stick short, c full, stick full) in situations where you always want to use a certain kind of jump, since that's probably the most ambiguous thing from a video. I realized with jiggly i always just full stick hop when I uair cuz its easier, but then i jump too high and break combos so i should be c hopping or short hopping most of the time. Again, great vid pete! sorry I didn't get back to you on music, I was gonna suggest the how to play background music :)

TANK64

Smash Lord
Dude this is SOOOO GOOOOOD.
Glad somebody cool is actually making it instead of everyone just talking about it. I have no suggestions, it seems just right. Also, the how to play music would have been funny, but this is good too. Something not too distracting.

Now hurry up, and finish the other ones!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I guess I'm gonna be the critic ._. But some of these combos seemed, er, not essential. When I got to the 5th Falcon combo with the reverse bair and nair and stuff I was like "wut".

Also I know a lot of fighting games do this but because Smash combos are more situational thanks to DI/stage location (stage isn't just a box), I would probably point out general things you can do, like "Falcon can link any aerial into upsmash" (simple example). But I guess you can learn these things from watching this sort of video. IDK.

Don't get the wrong idea though, I really like what you're trying to do and we need more video guides in general.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Not so basic, but really good nonetheless. I think it's good for intermediate players who know the basics. I think I'm going to learn a few things from it. Thanks!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
they're basic for australians :awesome:

most characters not named fox literally have like...4 non-situational bnbs with 2+ hits, and the rest are variations on that, or flashy/inferior, so idk i think the vid's fine as it is

knowing how to extend falcon combos with reverse bair/fair/whatever is pretty important imo, especially on, like, hyrule

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I guess I'm gonna be the critic ._. But some of these combos seemed, er, not essential. When I got to the 5th Falcon combo with the reverse bair and nair and stuff I was like "wut".

Don't get the wrong idea though, I really like what you're trying to do and we need more video guides in general.
the idea was to start off with some super basic combos and then progressively get harder. for example i started with the simple usmash -> usmash -> uair chain -> up-b. i don't need to do 10 variations of that combo for people to understand it's a useful combo. so instead of making the same combo 10 times, i get progressively harder and harder. the harder combos are still very practical and any half decent falcon player should be able to do all of them fairly easily. and it's about learning too. if someone can't do those combos yet, they will continue to practice the earlier combos until they can.

thanks clubba, tank, aa and sangoku :) i will put the suggested music on one of the sequels

p.s. beat you to it ricky ;)

The Star King

Smash Hero
For some reason I remember a similar combo in Ricky's classic Samus TAS combo video, Samus on Fox

inb4semp

Yoshi_King64

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the combo guide Pete it helped a lot. B4 I watched the only zero to death I could do was dair utilt rest lol now I can do most of the falcon combos but I'm stuck on the falcon on falcon that ends with a falcon punch off the tent. Do you stick jump after the sh uair or c jump cuz when I stick jump I miss with the uair after the fair and when I c jump I fair too low and the second hit doesn't connnect. Great vid tho I went from the worst of my friends with falcon to always winning dittos lol

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Thanks for the positive feedback man! Stick jumping goes a little bit too high, so I would definitely recommend c jumping. It does have fairly delicate timing so you might have to practice it a few times before you get it. Good luck friend :)

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Thanks for the combo guide Pete it helped a lot. B4 I watched the only zero to death I could do was dair utilt rest lol now I can do most of the falcon combos but I'm stuck on the falcon on falcon that ends with a falcon punch off the tent. Do you stick jump after the sh uair or c jump cuz when I stick jump I miss with the uair after the fair and when I c jump I fair too low and the second hit doesn't connnect. Great vid tho I went from the worst of my friends with falcon to always winning dittos lol
If you're holding right/left before you c jump you get reduced height so it might be that, you gotta have the stick in neutral before you press C

Moonshadow

Smash Rookie
That was a duckin sick combo man! I dont often take the time to comment on anything but this was too cool, especially loved the beginning

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I dont think that Nair + Grab really connect, Or maybe i'm stupid.
Anyway Nice combo bro :O

TANK64

Smash Lord
No that seems fine, but that last dair is a dummy bounce. I'm assuming you did that on purpose?
Or am I missing something? It's a great combo though.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
you couldn't do u-air to falcon punch at the end there? looks like it woulda been reallllly close

or maybe a ff-uair to get to the ground faster so falcon doesn't fly too far forward

still nice job! cool start, and i don't think it matters if the nair > grab don't connect; how is falcon gonna get out of that?

The Star King

Smash Hero
still nice job! cool start, and i don't think it matters if the nair > grab don't connect; how is falcon gonna get out of that?
Shield-jumping, but I don't think it matters because you can probably make it connect by hitting with it closer to the ground

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I jab tested the nair - grab and it works fine. It has a surprisingly large amount of hitstun

@TANK: I'm all about getting that combo meter up ;)
@semp it would be extremely tough or maybe impossible. I like this ending :)

Thanks moonshadow!

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Lol at the camera! Did you record in on a boat? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

neat combo nontheless

Top Bottom