• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Projects of Smashboards Showcase.

D

Deleted member

So to try and kick things into gear again I thought I would tell you guys a bit of a location idea I've been working with my story. To give you a glimpse of my out there findings of inspirations.
So a place I've been working on is a location called the Starsea. A lake by a small town the main character wakes up in.

To start off I've always been fascinated by bioluminescence, bugs like fireflies and stuff.
View attachment 265141
And so this Starsea is basically a small lake drenched in bioluminescence. These creatures though are actually feeding on very fine sand like material at night. It's also has fish there.
The plankton like creatures are also used for lamps and whatnot. Since they eat very slowly, they can be kept for years.

This leads to my next source of inspiration for this location. One of my favourite places in JRPG's.
Final Fantasy XIII's Oerba.
View attachment 265142
Small image but I can't be bothered shrinking the big one.

In Final Fantasy XIII-2 there's a version you visit where there are clear skies. The lighting, the shore with the shallow looking lake, the abandoned buildings and the crystal sand. This trilogy of games provided a massive inspiration to a few places.
I thought combining it with the bioluminescence would make a place that gives a vibe to the character "oh ****, we sure as **** ain't in Kansas anymore." sort of feel.

A final source of inspirations are of Japanese houses.
View attachment 265143
So the main house the character wakes up in is one of these stilt houses (owned by a 4,000 year old tomboy who's basically an annoying magical girl inspired character.) with at least a hundred questions to ask.
I've always been fascinated by Japanese, Mongolian and Middle Eastern Architecture. So these will all play a part.

I'll be doing another one of these out there inspiration talks but what do you guys think?
This reminds me quite a lot of Square Enix stories and I really dig It.

D

Deleted member

Alright, ya'll remember my pokemon fanfiction project? No? may as well post it here again for ya'll

So, I have 2 progress updates to share today.

For starters, while I haven't technically started on the next episode, I've started rough drafting ideas for it. I'm thinking of making this one in...say... Source FIlmmaker, to give a contrast from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world and wherever the hell I take the gang to.

Secondly, I'm gonna be changing the name. Instead of "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Multiverse"(which according to the single bit of feedback I got was a bit too cliche and unoriginal) I'm gonna be changing the name to "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Your Dark UMI"

Why "Dark Umi" you may be asking? Well, it's a double meaning that works both ways.

Umi can be interpreted as either "Destiny" or "Ocean(or other related words, such as "Sea)"

If you interpret it as "Destiny"(aka Your Dark Destiny) it plays into the theme I'm going for of dark times coming across the multiverse, with a small glimmer of hope if you chose wisely.

If you interpret it the other way(aka Your Dark Ocean) it creates a tone of obvious suspense, like an ocean itself; The top of the water looks nice and calm, with little cute and friendly fishies around, but as you go deeper down the rabbit hole it gets darker, more dangerous, and you can be swallowed whole if you aren't careful. In other words it's meant to convoke feelings of growth in both strength and mind, along with the dangers you face along the way.

I'll probably update the logo I made later, but atm I'm tired af. Once I do I'll post it here.

That's all for today. Sayanora! :kirby:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, I finished what I promised. I plan on working on new sketches of various characters associated with Shonen Jump: The World's most popular manga! The first ones to be completed are Goku and Arale:

Hope ya'll like them!​

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I made this drawing of my friend Johnny and I's Roblox avatars. Her and I do the dumbest s*** together and it's the best :")
Hope you all enjoy.
birdtwins.png

D

Deleted member

Drew a bunch of small drawings, both because I'm bored af, but also because I needed to practice anyway and it just so happened I had enough to time to do so for once
unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (7).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Here's some new Shonen Jump drawings!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Will try and post something here at some point soon.

Not letting this die so might do another inspirations talk again soon.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
iv'e done a lot of drawing, voice impersonating, and some script writing. right now i'm working on a couple of projects for comics and plan to create my own animated series.

One of the projects i am doing with
Icewolff92
is a comic adaption of super smash bros: world of light.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Here's a thing I drew tonight, I usually don't do fully body drawings so I wanted to try something new with this cartoon of myself. Think it came out nice considering I did most of it while struggling to stay awake.
itsamee.png

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I need some help with the series I brought up last page. So I’m working on streamlining that magic system I shared here more and I need help of coming up with ways to manipulating magic that relates to different parts of the body, like a charkha kind of deal as well as using magic items to help cast that magic with. For example I have a character who’s magic is concentrated on her hands and manipulates magic through drawing using a pencil wand and one who’s has it focused on his throat and can use song and vocal abilities for magic using a cane that turns into a microphone.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
censorship censorship andI have decided that if our fanfic ever gets made into an animated tv series, Hyperdeath Asriel will be voiced by Keanu Reaves.
Hope you got the budget,

Admittedly I’ve also been thinking of voice actors for my characters as well, and for my modern magic series I’m prioritizing VAs with D&D experience (so anyone who’s been on Critical Role would be viable)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hope you got the budget,

Admittedly I’ve also been thinking of voice actors for my characters as well, and for my modern magic series I’m prioritizing VAs with D&D experience (so anyone who’s been on Critical Role would be viable)
Him and I came up with voice actors for all of the Undertale characters, actually. Some he picked, some I picked. Here's what we got:

Frisk: Lani Minella
Asriel: Brittany Karbowski
Toriel: Lydia Marie Mackay
Papyrus: Ben Diskin
Sans: Todd Haberkorn
Undyne: Grey DeLisle
Alphys: Colleen Villard
Muffet: Hellena Taylor
Mettaton: Chris Tucker
Asgore: James Earl Jones
Monster kid: Nancy Cartwright
Burgerpants: Seth Rogen
Bratty: Kristen Schaal
Catty: Ashleigh Ball
Blooky: Mark Hamill
Gerson: John DiMaggio
Chara: Wendy Powell
Susie: Stephanie Beatriz
Kris: Brad Swaile

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Him and I came up with voice actors for all of the Undertale characters, actually. Some he picked, some I picked. Here's what we got:

Quite the eclectic cast you guys have there.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

i can feel mufasa vibes with asgore now after reading this

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
i can feel mufasa vibes with asgore now after reading this
He's got that deep voice that works. Mufasa has the kind of voice that Asgore would have.

JEJ also voiced Darth Vader, and Darth Vader is awesome. So... that's why I chose JEJ for Asgore :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just learned you need an invite to get onto AO3.

-_-

This is really frikin stupid. Why must this system be so complicated? Why not just make a normal account like every other friggin' blasted website?

I don't wanna wait.

Edit: And fanfiction.net has a 12 hour wait policy to prevent spam... THAT I at least understand.
Anyway, the fanfiction my friend censorship censorship and I wrote will begin releasing tomorrow I guess. Will release one chapter every couple of days.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just learned you need an invite to get onto AO3.

-_-

This is really frikin stupid. Why must this system be so complicated? Why not just make a normal account like every other friggin' blasted website?

I don't wanna wait.

Edit: And fanfiction.net has a 12 hour wait policy to prevent spam... THAT I at least understand.
Anyway, the fanfiction my friend censorship censorship and I wrote will begin releasing tomorrow I guess. Will release one chapter every couple of days.
I think they've said that it's to ensure the servers don't get overwhelmed, but I agree that it's a little dumb. It doesn't take very long to get invited, it didn't even take me a week.

https://archiveofourown.org/invite_requests

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , I'm finally working on my first fan-fiction.
67096360b6c73411943c269faa6b4af8.jpg
-Thinking about adding in Ophiuchus and Cetus. (The 13th and 14th Zodiacs.)
-Dedede gains a weapon themed after the 12 Zodiacs when he defeats one of them.
-Each of the Zodiacs have elemental powers. (Aries = Fire, Taurus = Earth and so on.)
-What the Zodiacal Realm would look like.
Might put this story on FanFiction.Net or either Wattpad after finishing it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , I'm finally working on my first fan-fiction.
-Thinking about adding in Ophiuchus and Cetus. (The 13th and 14th Zodiacs.)
-Dedede gains a weapon themed after the 12 Zodiacs when he defeats one of them.
-Each of the Zodiacs have elemental powers. (Aries = Fire, Taurus = Earth and so on.)
-What the Zodiacal Realm would look like.
Might put this story on FanFiction.Net or either Wattpad after finishing it.
I dig this. Sounds like a neat idea/concept. How large is the cast?
My undertale story that i did with Censorship will go on Fanfiction and AO3. I'll be posting links here for chapters.

The story is 26 chapters long. 230 pages in Word, and a whole lotta words.
Here are details:
Title: Whole-Hearted Half-Souls
Rating: K+ (family friendly mostly, most graphic content is some violence. No swearing, but swears are cut short before they can finish being said.)
Premise: (Spoilers for Undertale follow) The theme of the story is... well, that's for the readers to find out. But there are one or two themes that I'm hoping the readers see. The story takes place a year after the True Pacifist ending in Undertale, and Frisk and Dr. Alphys figure out a way to give Asriel his real body back, and for him to escape his Flowey form. After getting his real body back, Asriel adjusts to live above the underground with his parents and Frisk. As things seem to be normal in the town of Ebott, a malevolent force arises that has extreme aggression toward Frisk. After learning about this force, it's up to the former residents of the underground to track down the dark presence in their town and bring him to justice.

The genre is action-comedy, with a dash of drama. My #1 rule was NO KISSING OR HEAVY ROMANTIC THEMES. We're not getting into that shipping crap that's common in fanfics; this story goes against the grain. And, it's a story that's meant to not only entertain, but hopefully all different demographics can get something out of it. The cast is very wide and varied. Oh, and as a bonus, there are characters from Deltarune (the psuedo-sequel spin-off game) that make an appearance in this fic. So, while some character traits are the same from their Deltarune selves, since this is the official timeline from Undertale, they also have a couple different traits that separate them from their Deltarune selves.

That's the summary of it. 26 chapters-long, and it took about 9 months to write and complete. But, it's finished. And, it releases tomorrow. Will reveal a couple chapters at a time throughout the month of April.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I dig this. Sounds like a neat idea/concept. How large is the cast?
My undertale story that i did with Censorship will go on Fanfiction and AO3. I'll be posting links here for chapters.

The story is 26 chapters long. 230 pages in Word, and a whole lotta words.
Here are details:
Title: Whole-Hearted Half-Souls
Rating: K+ (family friendly mostly, most graphic content is some violence. No swearing, but swears are cut short before they can finish being said.)
Premise: (Spoilers for Undertale follow) The theme of the story is... well, that's for the readers to find out. But there are one or two themes that I'm hoping the readers see. The story takes place a year after the True Pacifist ending in Undertale, and Frisk and Dr. Alphys figure out a way to give Asriel his real body back, and for him to escape his Flowey form. After getting his real body back, Asriel adjusts to live above the underground with his parents and Frisk. As things seem to be normal in the town of Ebott, a malevolent force arises that has extreme aggression toward Frisk. After learning about this force, it's up to the former residents of the underground to track down the dark presence in their town and bring him to justice.

The genre is action-comedy, with a dash of drama. My #1 rule was NO KISSING OR HEAVY ROMANTIC THEMES. We're not getting into that shipping crap that's common in fanfics; this story goes against the grain. And, it's a story that's meant to not only entertain, but hopefully all different demographics can get something out of it. The cast is very wide and varied. Oh, and as a bonus, there are characters from Deltarune (the psuedo-sequel spin-off game) that make an appearance in this fic. So, while some character traits are the same from their Deltarune selves, since this is the official timeline from Undertale, they also have a couple different traits that separate them from their Deltarune selves.

That's the summary of it. 26 chapters-long, and it took about 9 months to write and complete. But, it's finished. And, it releases tomorrow. Will reveal a couple chapters at a time throughout the month of April.
That looks interesting.^-^
Aries
"A fighter unwilling to accept their destiny."

Appearance: A fiery monstrous ram wearing Roman-like gear with burning curved horns.
Element: Fire

Taurus
"A powerful force gaining velocity"
Appearance: A large bull with crystal horns and looks like it's made of rocks and minerals.
Element: Earth

Gemini
"A secret power lurks within."
Appearance: A two-headed conjoined extraterrestrial alien.
Element: Psychic (Aliens can mind control, a bit like telekinesis.)

Cancer
"Dwells quietly in the deep."
Appearance: A gigantic crab that has stretchy claws to grab from far distances and can slow down time itself.
Element: Time

Leo
"Charismatic ruler of the void."
Appearance: A humongous lion that manipulates lightning itself.
Element: Electric

Virgo
"Born from a world of illusions"
Appearance: A beautiful looking dryad who becomes a massive plant monster with tendrils and thorns.
Element: Nature

Libra
"Has a bold vision of an ideal future."
Appearance: A giant robotic balance scale with a glowing eye on it's fulcrum.
Element: Metal

Scorpio
"Gatekeeper of life, envoy of death."
Appearance: A massive scorpion wearing a ripped up cloak and with it's stinger being scythe-like.
Element: Poison

Sagittarius
"Seeks to change destiny, no matter the cost."
Appearance: A centaur/griffin who's made of lightning and clouds and can fire arrows.
Element: Air

Capricorn
"Reaches out from the darkness."
Appearance: A demonic and satanic looking goat-fish with thousands of rows of sharp teeth and can gruesomely mutate.
Element: Dark

Aquarius
"A devious being that lives vicariously through others."
Appearance: A huge octopus made out of liquid water that holds a water-bearer.
Element: Water

Pisces
"Seeks out the beautiful moments in chaos."
Appearance: A colossal bloodthirsty shark with ice armour and spikes on it's body.
Element: Ice

Ophiuchus (Our main antagonist)
"A divine creature ready to unleash judgement."
Appearance: A omnipotent eldritch centipede that has blood red glowing eyes and can distort space-time itself.
Element: Cosmic

Cetus (The only Zodiac on Dedede's good side.)
"The protector of time and existence itself."
Appearance: A angelic looking whale with feathery wings and wears a halo.
Element: Aether
And yes, that's what they will look like. (Might change their appearances soon.)
Oh I forgot that Dedede will get a companion which is Orion, the 15th Zodiac.

Last edited:

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
I have a long running musical project called Jasper the Tourist. I have tons of material, but only three releases at this time in the form of a full length LP, a mixtape and an EP. The album and mixtape are all original songs. The EP features three covers and three originals. I have new album written... my grand opus, if you will, but no budget to record it, unfortunately. So until then, check out what's already out there. I'm on all streaming platforms, too, but you can listen to everything here: https://jasperthetourist.bandcamp.com/

Dutch Raikuna

So I'd post one of my photos I took in Death Stranding here today. The one I am really proud of.

DEATH STRANDING™_20200331192956.png

"As if the traveller suddenly realised the truth, the truth of this hellish frontier, he screams desperately for salvation."

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Iv'e decided to make a little update for my Super Smash Bros World of Light Comic

i decided i'm going to be adding Goku from Dragon Ball Z Kai in the story, he'll appear later in the sky world.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright everyone, it is now time.

The fanfiction that censorship censorship and I have been working on since July is FINALLY RELEASING TO THE PUBLIC. While the story itself HAS been finished since February, we've been making many edits since early March. As we make the final edits to the following chapters, we will indeed be releasing them to the public. There are 26 chapters in total, and the first two are finished with the FINAL phase of editing and are up and running. With that, I present to you all...

Whole-Hearted Half-Souls

Here is the link to the story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13540266/1/Whole-Hearted-Half-Souls

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh hey, A place to shill my Ramen Rambles
this time I'm talking ARMS in Smash and who I think the character's gonna be

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm working on a new fan-fiction and saving the Zodiac one for next time.
There's not much, it would be about Shake King finding himself in the Mushroom Kingdom after being banished from the Shake Dimension and unknowingly becoming friends with a certain green dinosaur...
Note: Some of the story will be told through Shake King's POV. (Point of view.)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Why is this thread not responding to me I'll never know now. The creation turning against its creator.

As for me not much story work has been done recently. I'm planning on doing an inspiration talk again at some point soon though so look out for that.

Top Bottom