• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Projects of Smashboards Showcase.

D

Deleted member

Only reason I didn’t say more is ‘cause I don’t have a sense of the context of this line, so there’s no way for me to tell how it should be delivered. More lines would also help.
Well, there is no context. It's a reference to a Yugioh youtuber I like.

D

Deleted member

Well, there is no context. It's a reference to a Yugioh youtuber I like.
Then there’s no real way I can give a lot of critisism if there’s no context. With no context, I don’t know how the line should be delivered.

D

Deleted member

Then there’s no real way I can give a lot of critisism if there’s no context. With no context, I don’t know how the line should be delivered.
That's fine. I only did it as a joke anyway.

D

Deleted member

On my way home I did another hand-drawn animation. I think I have a knack for hand drawn animation honestly, this one felt easy and I felt like I knew what I was doing the entire time.
teso.gif

Pretty rough around the edges still, but I'm getting there!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For my next submission is a new recently-made drawing of Zero from Mega Man X, one of two characters that I've been wanting to test my skills on:

Here's also a character sheet for Mega Man X5 that I've used in the process:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'd start by giving it some cool-looking armor.
I don't know if that quite fits in with what I'm going for. This thing is based on a Power ranger, and most of them don't have very thick armor. I'll consider it, though.

On a related note, I tried a pretty significant recolor. Most of the red rangers have secondary colors of white and gold, so that's what I'm going for here.
Ledagner_Wackycolors.png

D

Deleted member

I don't have anything else better to do, so I did a quick doodle of a shoreline
sketch1583197089741.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So to continue this showcase with some Photography.

First today in which I found this stream.
DSC_0338.JPG

Secondly from a few months back at the top of one of the most well known hills in all of Ireland:
ThaHill.jpg

Enjoy my friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is a picture I took today at a random park near my uncle's house:

20200303_184359.jpg

That is a bird at the center.

D

Deleted member

I gots me another animation I made, this time I tried a bit harder to tell a story rather than it be a jumbled mess of ideas
Draw+da+yo.gif

It makes literally no sense, but that's my stories for ya

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So one of my animated series concepts takes place in a world that has two major realms, one that resembles our own and a realm of magic and fantasy.
The magic realm has been hidden from the human realm for millennia behind powerful illusions but those with a magic essence and the ability to manipulate magic (wielders) are capable of traveling between both realms and its existence has caused traces of magic to bleed into the human realm and granted some humans to gain an essence, either through chance or being born with one. Over time the essence becomes attuned to and reflect the wielder’s skills and character. Like a superpower customed to fit you. Wielders may also craft an apparatus like a tool or weapon to better utilize their magic with.
Alongside other typical fantasy creatures of the magic world, there are also spirits, sentient embodiments of different types of magic (so far I mainly have elemental, light and dark, etc.) and wielders can form pacts with spirits through their magic apparatus to use that type of magic in conjunction. Spirits are also capable of wielding those tools themselves and bond is treated to be as equal partners.
Here’s my lead character for this series Lena Caster (along with her dog Frankie) who manifests her essence through drawing using a wand/staff that works like a pencil and her partner Vas, a Celestial spirit who utilizes celestial aka light magic:
50A53FD6-42AD-451A-A761-6B159A301840.jpeg

3401EBC2-774F-4000-B556-CE1B6002B1A6.jpeg

I’m workshopping the story and worldbuilding so feel free to ask any questions or suggest any ideas.

EDIT: Something I forgot to add is that wielders can form teams with other wielders and grow stronger from it as well as share magic from other spirits in the team, speak to each other telepathically, teleport to each other’s locations, as long as they’re connected through a seal of the leaders choosing. The seal has to represent the number of members in some way. Lena is building her own team in her story with the eight pointed star on Vas and her spellbook as the seal meaning eight wielders.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
So one of my animated series concepts takes place in a world that has two major realms, one that resembles our own and a realm of magic and fantasy. I’m workshopping the
The magic realm has been hidden from the human realm for millennia behind powerful illusions but those with a magic essence and the ability to manipulate magic (wielders) are capable of traveling between both realms and its existence has caused traces of magic to bleed into the human realm and granted some humans to gain an essence, either through chance or being born with one. Over time the essence becomes attuned to and reflect the wielder’s skills and character. Like a superpower customed to fit you. Wielders may also craft an apparatus like a tool or weapon to better utilize their magic with.
Alongside other typical fantasy creatures of the magic world, there are also spirits, sentient embodiments of different types of magic (so far I mainly have elemental, light and dark, etc.) and wielders can form pacts with spirits through their magic apparatus to use that type of magic in conjunction. Spirits are also capable of wielding those tools themselves and bond is treated to be as equal partners.
Here’s my lead character for this series Lena Caster (along with her dog Frankie) who manifests her essence through drawing using a wand/staff that works like a pencil and her partner Vas, a Celestial spirit who utilizes celestial aka light magic:

I’m workshopping the story and worldbuilding so feel free to ask any questions or suggest any ideas
This sounds kind of similar to something like The Dragon Prince (I assume, I saw 3 episodes of that before a got bored (and slightly freaked out by the elves' gross hands)), which I only say because there's some kind of air of mystery to it. The concept of the magic system reminds me of things like RWBY and Epithet Erased wherein everyone has something unique about them, but the bit about this celestial other world is actually really interesting because I don't think any other of these kind of shows ever actually did something like that. As it stands it's just a proof of concept it seems, but it's one that's interesting enough to me and I'd be interested to see where this goes!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This sounds kind of similar to something like The Dragon Prince (I assume, I saw 3 episodes of that before a got bored (and slightly freaked out by the elves' gross hands)), which I only say because there's some kind of air of mystery to it. The concept of the magic system reminds me of things like RWBY and Epithet Erased wherein everyone has something unique about them, but the bit about this celestial other world is actually really interesting because I don't think any other of these kind of shows ever actually did something like that. As it stands it's just a proof of concept it seems, but it's one that's interesting enough to me and I'd be interested to see where this goes!
Thank you! I still have a lot more I want to share but this is just what I wanted to start out with, and yeah there’s some inspiration from RWBY though I do wanna make it feel more like my own take on this idea. If you wanna ask any questions about what I have so far or would like to see anymore stuff for this I’m working on, let me know. Also made an edit to that post.

NoxTibi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, pretty new noob here.

I did an artwork about some melee characters, hope you guys like it >

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey guys, pretty new noob here.

I did an artwork about some melee characters, hope you guys like it >

:) Hello there! Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I have to say, that's the really great illustration, I really like the style. Keep it up!

NoxTibi

Smash Rookie
:) Hello there! Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I have to say, that's the really great illustration, I really like the style. Keep it up!
Thanks Andrea, glad you like it, you have sick art too.

D

Deleted member

The World Will Be Silenced except I can't draw right today

original art:
9qphi8nnk0xz.png

What I did:
sketch1583363423025.png

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Reposting this here:

I'm making a set of regional starters, like I mentioned before, but I'm completely overhauling the choices. I already have Turtwig and Popplio ideas I quite like, but I'm stumped on the fire started to choose. It can't be Chimchar or Litten, and it has to end up part grass. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member

I did another animation before I did the one I posted in the social thread, so here I'm gonna showcase it here
Riolu.gif

I hadn't quite figured out how to do movement yet, so most of it is just still shots. I have to say I'm impressing myself with my progress lmao :p

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Reposting this here:

I'm making a set of regional starters, like I mentioned before, but I'm completely overhauling the choices. I already have Turtwig and Popplio ideas I quite like, but I'm stumped on the fire started to choose. It can't be Chimchar or Litten, and it has to end up part grass. Any ideas?
If it can't be Chimchar, then.....Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil could use some love.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Reposting this here:

Your options are:
  • Grass Salamander
  • Grass Echidna
  • Grass Chicken
  • Grass Pig
  • Grass Fox
  • Grass Rabbit

Which sounds the most appealing to you?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Your options are:
  • Grass Salamander
  • Grass Echidna
  • Grass Chicken
  • Grass Pig
  • Grass Fox
  • Grass Rabbit

Which sounds the most appealing to you?
I was leaning :004:. I know the line gets way too much attention, but it's the only one I have a solid idea for (that actually ties into the immense popularity) I adore :157:, but I'm leaning towards a mega for it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My Undertale fanfiction I'm writing with censorship censorship is still being edited and reviewed by my analysis team. I'm hoping to release the finalized story sometime this month (March 2020). It will be posted here, on fanfiction.net, and potentially wattpad as well.

D

Deleted member

I spent a decent amount of time drawing a more complicated Pokemon for practice
sketch1583525191722.png

I mean, at least it looks like Mightyena? Still needs alot of work, but I'm getting there!

Dutch Raikuna

Every time I see a post placed here it makes me smile honestly. I have left a legacy.

I've been doing some creative writing recently that I might showcase a few settings from. I have the most out there of inspirations.
Also have a few Photoshop things I've been doing but that's long off.

link2702

Smash Champion
So we able to show any type of project we’re working on here? Cuz mine isn’t drawing/animated or music related. But it s a personal project, and I’d arguably say it’s “kinda” an art form.

Currently restoring two old tube radios. Waiting for the capacitor replacements to come in. One is in really bad shape so I have to patch the speaker and repair the variable capacitor.

I can post before and after pics if anyone is curious.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My Undertale fanfiction I'm writing with censorship censorship is still being edited and reviewed by my analysis team. I'm hoping to release the finalized story sometime this month (March 2020). It will be posted here, on fanfiction.net, and potentially wattpad as well.
Have you considered A03? It's one of the most popular fanfiction websites, and most people think that it has a higher quality standard than Fanfiction.net.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Have you considered A03? It's one of the most popular fanfiction websites, and most people think that it has a higher quality standard than Fanfiction.net.
I go to that site sometimes and read on some Steven Universe & RWBY fanfictions.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've never heard of A03
Please go into more detail about the site.
https://archiveofourown.org/
Ao3 is another fanfiction site, much newer than the fanfiction.net. It serves as both an archive (preserving things from old fanfiction sites that would've otherwise be lost) and a fanfiction site with rather loose rules (you can post pretty much anything, so long as it is accurately tagged). This relative freedom has attracted a lot of people, and it became very popular quite quickly. Most newer series, like Steven Universe or Undertale, have almost triple the audience on A03 than on fanfiction.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
https://archiveofourown.org/
Ao3 is another fanfiction site, much newer than the fanfiction.net. It serves as both an archive (preserving things from old fanfiction sites that would've otherwise be lost) and a fanfiction site with rather loose rules (you can post pretty much anything, so long as it is accurately tagged). This relative freedom has attracted a lot of people, and it became very popular quite quickly. Most newer series, like Steven Universe or Undertale, have almost triple the audience on A03 than on fanfiction.
That's something very worthy of note. Thanks for saying something!
I'll add that to the list.

D

Deleted member

This is some stock background image, I'm sure of it.

I mean I was the one who took the pic, but it looks so much like those generic default backgrounds most computers have
unnamed (5).jpg

Dutch Raikuna

So to try and kick things into gear again I thought I would tell you guys a bit of a location idea I've been working with my story. To give you a glimpse of my out there findings of inspirations.
So a place I've been working on is a location called the Starsea. A lake by a small town the main character wakes up in.

To start off I've always been fascinated by bioluminescence, bugs like fireflies and stuff.
1583705039661.png
And so this Starsea is basically a small lake drenched in bioluminescence. These creatures though are actually feeding on very fine sand like material at night. It's also has fish there.
The plankton like creatures are also used for lamps and whatnot. Since they eat very slowly, they can be kept for years.

This leads to my next source of inspiration for this location. One of my favourite places in JRPG's.
Final Fantasy XIII's Oerba.
1583705378028.png
Small image but I can't be bothered shrinking the big one.

In Final Fantasy XIII-2 there's a version you visit where there are clear skies. The lighting, the shore with the shallow looking lake, the abandoned buildings and the crystal sand. This trilogy of games provided a massive inspiration to a few places.
I thought combining it with the bioluminescence would make a place that gives a vibe to the character "oh ****, we sure as **** ain't in Kansas anymore." sort of feel.

A final source of inspirations are of Japanese houses.
1583705872826.png
So the main house the character wakes up in is one of these stilt houses (owned by a 4,000 year old tomboy who's basically an annoying magical girl inspired character.) with at least a hundred questions to ask.
I've always been fascinated by Japanese, Mongolian and Middle Eastern Architecture. So these will all play a part.

I'll be doing another one of these out there inspiration talks but what do you guys think?

Top Bottom