• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Projects of Smashboards Showcase.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Personal Projects of Smashboards Showcase!.........
AKA A revolutionary idea of good fond discussion about our expression of the creative arts and to display a powerful showcase that will be amongst the greatest seen since.......the Ice Age!
"Irepan. That's too far back."
......will be amongst the greatest seen since Ancient Greece!
"Irepan. Still too far-" *Gets thrown out the window.*

Now that logic man is out of the way. I'll deep dive deeper than the depth of the Mariana Trench about this.
I'm not really going to say what goes as long as people are respectful and common courtesy is showing. First of course some lengthy Q and A to those who don't know the details. For those who wonders the point in me making one, I just like making Q and As so there.

1. What is the thread going to be about?
So the thead is basically a showcase. Coming from past my experience in a small forum this where you would show your own personal designs on what your doing.

As a lot of us in our own time when life ain't be messy tend to work on our personal projects. I myself for instance, spend time doing creative writing and a little graphic design. Some of us here are artists, game designers, musicians and even a few voice actors here. So I thought really it would be good to have a seperate place from the social thread where we can talk more about it in detail. Discuss how things are going in our stuff and really try to encourage each other if it's the direction we want to go in.
So show us your moves! I mean stuff!

2. How did the idea come about?
So the idea came about mainly from the social thread. I've seen people post their drawings, writings and videos for ect. without much fanfare and getting buried. Honestly it does sadden me a little everytime I see it, regardless of who it is.
So I thought in the Dr Strangelove voice in my head "Sir! I have a plan!" and I thought a general showcase separate from the social board could work.
And the social board works best for small conversations but that's just me.

3. What's allowed and what is not?
Really it's up to the ruleset of the forums. If it's anything creative and tolerable then I'm for it. If you can screenshot or photograph it, excerpt it from your writings or upload it to YouTube then cool enough. Heck even if you guys are doing sculptures, woodworking and stuff far offline as that then show it.
I don't want trolling stuff or anything designed to annoy others. Just think of real life scenarios and tolerances and apply them to here online.
Since most of the people who I suspect will be on here are pretty decent people that possibility ain't going to happen.

4. Anything of note to guests and members reading?
Not really much. To the guests who take a peek in these forums I'll say one thing.
1. Give us a wave and make an account! Sometimes on this forum I feel like a gladiator in an arena with other members while the guests are the audience "Are you not entertained!?" but my point is, well join. And if you are a lurker, a Smash Bros fan and someone with creativity join and show us what you are working on.

And one point to both forum members and guests. Mostly my paranoia speaking.
Some of us members have been doing our stuff for a long time. Some people have worked on certain projects for as long as months and years. So try not to take it for yourself or be a **** and ask if you want to show it to someone off here. Imagine if someone did that in real life. Think about that.
While a part of me still thinks Discord is better, I still think this place will work, mainly cause of the notifications and mentions system.

5. Anything you want to say?
Yes I do.

Let's go Bargain Hunting! I mean let's go Personal Showcasing!
So to finalise I'll need some thoughts from the crowd before we really begin. Wouldn't mind some critique on the intro but optional.

• NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy As the mod of this part of the site I'll need your thoughts on what you think about this and anything I should clean up on the intro. If it's ok about maybe moving it to general social or getting stickied.
  • Wademan94 Wademan94 @JDCabrera Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Zinith Zinith @UserGoozer Mamboo07 Mamboo07 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and a few others. You guys gave me some good thoughts on for the idea and wanted to see it. Would want you guys to help start the momentum here with myself. Thanks for that honestly and can't wait to see what you guys are working on.
  • PeridotGX PeridotGX Just tagging you here as well cause you told me how to solve the letter overwriting themselves. It's a minor annoyance but it would've stopped me from quitting this intro today. So thanks.
So after the checks let's showcase!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, guess I’ll show this. It’s not on as big a scale as some of my other work, but hopefully cool nontheless. Here’s a voice for a FNAF character called Plushtrap. Gave him a bit of a bitcrush-y, old toy effect.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I try to post my projects here if I got something, as of now, I got nothing to show.

Still, thank you alot for this making this thread! I hope it work well. :)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This may be the place where I place the Undertale fanfic my friend and I wrote over the past 6 months.

I will update you all accordingly.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
This may be the place where I place the Undertale fanfic my friend and I wrote over the past 6 months.

I will update you all accordingly.
Hey you should definitely do that! You’ll reach more people that way since this is an open thread.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey you should definitely do that! You’ll reach more people that way since this is an open thread.
There's just one thing I'd like to change in the last chapter, and ofc you know which chapter that is, I think.

But other than that, the fanfiction is pretty much done aside from some more editing. If you wanted to give any suggestions on chapters 18 through the epilogue, feel free to lol

D

Deleted member

Alright, may as well have this place be where I talk more in-depth about my personal fanfiction project.
also why you no tag me, it's like a curse at this point lmao where I don't get tagged ever
The basic idea is that it's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but my own personal take on it.
The plot summary I've drawn up is as follows:

The MC finds himself in a situation where despite his best interests, he is forced to travel between different dimensions and fight back against the Star-Vaders, who somehow have figured out how to travel between planes freely, and are Reversing anything in their sight. Entire Planes are being reduced to rubble, and so Blitz, the Riolu, has to gather a team together to save the ****ing multiverse.

It def needs some fleshing out, but that's the core idea.

Dutch Raikuna

So I'll showcase a bit of my writing here after I finish watching an episode of Kino's Journey which inspired my story.
Firstly here is the inspiration for the quote I have in my signature. You'll know it if you've played Civ VI.

"Let me ask leave, then, to pay a tribute of respect and admiration to the once desired Matterhorn, before his head has lost the last rays of a sun departing to gild loftier and more distant ranges." -F. Crauford Grove

Became this.

"Let me give thanks then, and pay tribute of respect and faith to the wondrous Mount Fuji, as its shoulder lifts the first rays of a sun greeting us headwards, before going to meet more distant and exciting places beyond the horizon."

When I finished watching Laid Back Camp one of the best anime I've seen I wrote this out inspired by a scene from the show.

Other thing is for @JDCabrera and my thoughts of his stuff. Really could see the evolution of your improvement of your drawings. Well done man.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Think I’ve shown some of you but I should upload some of my old sculptures here sometime. I used to do roblox worlds too, I wonder if anyone would wanna see videos of those.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Here's two photos presenting my main progression of improving my drawing skills, featuring the prickly cactus boi: Amingo!

I think I'll share some old game concepts later on too.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guess I’ll show what I’ve been doing. I just wrapped up drawing a friend’s character.
02E243E3-0F99-4C7B-8FCE-BFB9805863E7.png

Considering that the character’s entire body is scorched, the burn marks were incredibly difficult, and I’m honestly not happy with how they came out.

D

Deleted member

Another thread for me to frequent!

Let me tell y'all about myself: born in the early 1960s, graduated high school in 1979 but never attended college since. Although math was and still is my best subject, I have sparked an interest in art after seeing the countless fan art on here. Sa, character creator modes in fighting games also contributed to my interest. Let me show y'all a few. What you are about to see are characters based on my real-life self...

16201_WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F_122_974lo.jpg
Dorinda Ishijima (P1) (1).png

I did say in the Social Thread a few weeks ago I would start working on my own projects instead of habitually showing fan art other people made. I am planning on doing some drawings of my girls, Shantae, even myself.

Sayonara! :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Alright, may as well have this place be where I talk more in-depth about my personal fanfiction project.
also why you no tag me, it's like a curse at this point lmao where I don't get tagged ever
The basic idea is that it's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but my own personal take on it.
The plot summary I've drawn up is as follows:

The MC finds himself in a situation where despite his best interests, he is forced to travel between different dimensions and fight back against the Star-Vaders, who somehow have figured out how to travel between planes freely, and are Reversing anything in their sight. Entire Planes are being reduced to rubble, and so Blitz, the Riolu, has to gather a team together to save the ****ing multiverse.

It def needs some fleshing out, but that's the core idea.
Oh yeah, and while I'm on the topic, may as well showcase some of the art I did while working on this project, specifically for this project.
sketch1582935056525.jpg
sketch1582822753963.jpg
sketch1582207143672.jpg

D

Deleted member

Guess I’l start by posting some old sketches from last year.

I’m a huge fan of Pokemon as you can see.:grin:

D

Deleted member

I made a quick little doodle animation to test my skills.
Quintet+Wall.gif

This legit looks like something you would see in like... a music video to signify the beat, NGL(ignoring the fact it would need alot of touching up)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Thanks for notifying me! I'l post some of the things I've made once things calm down a little, there's so much activity that they might get ignored.

Would anyone be interested in a discord server for this thread?

Dutch Raikuna

Thanks for notifying me! I'l post some of the things I've made once things calm down a little, there's so much activity that they might get ignored.

Would anyone be interested in a discord server for this thread?
I'm for it but not yet I still think this is the best place for now. If there is stuff like others stealing people's and taking credit then yeah we move but I doubt that,
As for the ignoring that's part of the reason why I made it. To try and stop it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm for it but not yet I still think this is the best place for now. If there is stuff like others stealing people's and taking credit then yeah we move but I doubt that,
As for the ignoring that's part of the reason why I made it. To try and stop it.
I think the two could coexist just fine. The discord could be for quick feedback during the creation process, while this thread could be for longer, more meaningful feedback on a completed project. Take Make Your Move, the moveset contest. It's thread and it's discord co-exist just fine.

Dutch Raikuna

This will going on..... all night long!

So I've doing some practice trying to differentiate the speech patterns of my characters in my story and honestly it's been going pretty well.

So my main character. He's a 20-something year old son of a politician and a pretty straight to the point person. Stuff happens and his story takes place some years after the battle between gods and mortals. All of humanity and other races are on another world.
He's got a slightly deep voice and is a little formal but straight to the point. A bit sarcastic.

“In the name of all the Gods, why the hell am I doing this sometimes?”
*In a slightly sarcastic tone* “So I’m taking two spirits and a half dragon mercenary on a motorbike that can only fit one and a half people. Yeah..... cause of course that’ll work.”

Two examples right there.

And the deteuragonist who is a self proclaimed heroine from a spirit race of sorts inspired by samurai. She's 4,000 years old but mentally around 20. She's over the top, clearly watched too much TV and a little too cheerful. All this though is to make life fun for someone close to both her and the main character.

“Ha! I’m the heroine! My job is to help you find her and you’re not going to say no to my help!”
"Dammit! Can you at le-heast try to speak instead of being silent for once!."

So again two more examples. Thought I'd showcase this here. What you guys think?
Next time a few locations.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
This will going on..... all night long!

So I've doing some practice trying to differentiate the speech patterns of my characters in my story and honestly it's been going pretty well.

So my main character. He's a 20-something year old son of a politician and a pretty straight to the point person. Stuff happens and his story takes place some years after the battle between gods and mortals. All of humanity and other races are on another world.
He's got a slightly deep voice and is a little formal but straight to the point. A bit sarcastic.

“In the name of all the Gods, why the hell am I doing this sometimes?”
*In a slightly sarcastic tone* “So I’m taking two spirits and a half dragon mercenary on a motorbike that can only fit one and a half people. Yeah..... cause of course that’ll work.”

Two examples right there.

And the deteuragonist who is a self proclaimed heroine from a spirit race of sorts inspired by samurai. She's 4,000 years old but mentally around 20. She's over the top, clearly watched too much TV and a little too cheerful. All this though is to make life fun for someone close to both her and the main character.

“Ha! I’m the heroine! My job is to help you find her and you’re not going to say no to my help!”
"Dammit! Can you at le-heast try to speak instead of being silent for once!."

So again two more examples. Thought I'd showcase this here. What you guys think?
Next time a few locations.
First one strikes me as more annoyed by everything, and the second one strikes me as more energetic and extroverted. Hopefully that's what you were going for with them.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

First one strikes me as more annoyed by everything, and the second one strikes me as more energetic and extroverted. Hopefully that's what you were going for with them.
Ah, thank you on the former. I'm trying to make him a bit more shy and a straight talker. He has also lost a sense of self following an incident and has a belief finding someone is the way for him to bring that "self" back. He gives off a John Marston from RDR meets Rean Schwarzer from Trails vibe for appearance.
Oh and he has a serrated katana with a fighting style dedicated to tear wounding in limbs.

Latter yep on the dot. Energetic, cheerful and an optimist at heart but also refuses to speak about a certain period of her life. If there are fans of RWBY here she is pretty much a samurai version of Ruby Rose with some Xiaomu from Namco X Capcom to give a closeish comparison. How I even visualise her is close to the former.
Oh and there is someone close to her who you shouldn't touch or you will die. She is overly protective and is part of the reason why she has this heroine personality,

That's the details today done.
Next time locations including an idea that has been in my head for six years and I can trust people here to show it.
Again some thoughts would be cool.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Now that things have died down a bit, I'm gonna start posting my fakemon art. First up is my most recent, and probably my favorite
Ledagner_Nosword_Blurb.png

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
impostor.png
Sticky.png

I might just re-post the two silly comics I made for Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and @Taylor F

I am working in quite some stuff, from commissions to some personal projects that include writings (I'm no professional writer by any means, but I have some friends that are my biggest inspirations to pursue it) and illustrations (that vary from a simple and quick doodles to more complex ones). xD I have been doing that for quite some time here in the boards, and I cannot help it but to be inspired by some of the posts that are made and I make a comic or drawing out of it. It's honestly a great way to get the ideas flowing.

D

Deleted member

Pretty dank.
I honestly was expecting a bit more constructive criticism, ngl. VA work isn't really my thing, so I was thinking you or your brother would criticize it a bit, simply because that's the truth. lmao but then this happens.

Although I do think it may be a neat idea to remix it....NAH, I got other things I'm working on.
(cough I'm rough drafting "Яeverse" Ash Ketchum as we speak)

D

Deleted member

This is a very WIP ATM, but I got the core idea down.
sketch1583158510083.jpg

This is my WIP design for a "Яeversed" Ash.

The basic change is Ash goes from a person who loves and admires his Pokemon, along with treating them fairly, to a crazed lunatic who only cares about winning, and will even hurt his own Pokemon to do so.(hence the whip)

And If you're wondering why it looks creepy, that's kinda the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

This will keep going forever!

So to try and keep the topics going forwards I would to ask you guys what are you're main inspirations for what you're working on? Mainly to the story writers here.

Also forgot but photography of any kind is also allowed here. I'm going to be taking some snaps of landscapes tomorrow of a pretty well known place that I think a few of you guys might recognise.

D

Deleted member

I decided to get pretty serious and make an longer animation. Here we go!

hello.gif

It actually came out better than I expected! A bit rough around the edges, but that's fine.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I honestly was expecting a bit more constructive criticism, ngl. VA work isn't really my thing, so I was thinking you or your brother would criticize it a bit, simply because that's the truth. lmao but then this happens.
I mean, to be fair I’m not really sure what to say about your acting. This isn’t enough for me to get a solid idea of what you excel at and could improve upon.

D

Deleted member

Although I do think it may be a neat idea to remix it....NAH, I got other things I'm working on.
(cough I'm rough drafting "Яeverse" Ash Ketchum as we speak)
Only reason I didn’t say more is ‘cause I don’t have a sense of the context of this line, so there’s no way for me to tell how it should be delivered. More lines would also help.

Top Bottom