• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Let's talk Persona

Discuss gameplay, music, strategy, waifus, etc

Please put spoiler tags when talking about story and characters though.

Personally this was The game I was most looking forward to for a long time. And in my opinion, it delivered on all fronts and serves as a worthy successor to Persona 4. But what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Near perfects the formula they made starting from Persona 3. I think my only gripes were small things they could've improved upon that would've just been nice to see. They still need to give a bit more incentive to hang out with maxed Confidants. They did add more events like P4 did where you could hang out with those you romanced. But most of those in the story usually involved just party members, Temperance, and Star. Also would've loved to have seen more events where Confidants hang out with each other. We got a bit of those during the summer, and those were great.

Battle system was one that I loved. A nice mix between old megaten and new Persona. Any issues I had was mostly Mementos. The very least they could've thrown us an MP3 player to change up the music. The mini-stories in requests at least helped Mementos out for me.

Overall though I loved it. I went on near media blackout and the game turned out to be what I wanted and then some. The story, characters, the artistic sense, all of it was there for me. Definitely in my running for GOTY, but we just have so many good games this year that it's hard to decide. For sure, it's my favorite Persona game at this point.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
My favorite dungeon is the fifth dungeon, the one thag shoots you up outer space! Friggin awesome. Currently going through the game right now grinding.

The more I play the game, the more I began to discover how much of a huge contrast it is compared to Persona 4. Both games are pratically opposite to each other both cast and especially their goals and ideals.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Near perfects the formula they made starting from Persona 3. I think my only gripes were small things they could've improved upon that would've just been nice to see. They still need to give a bit more incentive to hang out with maxed Confidants. They did add more events like P4 did where you could hang out with those you romanced. But most of those in the story usually involved just party members, Temperance, and Star. Also would've loved to have seen more events where Confidants hang out with each other. We got a bit of those during the summer, and those were great.

Battle system was one that I loved. A nice mix between old megaten and new Persona. Any issues I had was mostly Mementos. The very least they could've thrown us an MP3 player to change up the music. The mini-stories in requests at least helped Mementos out for me.

Overall though I loved it. I went on near media blackout and the game turned out to be what I wanted and then some. The story, characters, the artistic sense, all of it was there for me. Definitely in my running for GOTY, but we just have so many good games this year that it's hard to decide. For sure, it's my favorite Persona game at this point.
I agree in that it nearly perfects the calendar system. I do have one gripe and it's that if you decide to go to a palace/mementos, you MUST commit to spending a day in that palace and ONLY that palace. This is particularly bad if you've secured the route to a treasure but you still have a lot of energy.

Mementos can definitely be a chore to explore but my big complaint was that I don't like the feel of the Morgana-mobile compared to running around.

This is definitely in the running for GOTY for me atleast. It honestly hit all of the right notes. It's definitely a step forward for the series.

My favorite dungeon is the fifth dungeon, the one thag shoots you up outer space! Friggin awesome. Currently going through the game right now grinding.

The more I play the game, the more I began to discover how much of a huge contrast it is compared to Persona 4. Both games are pratically opposite to each other both cast and especially their goals and ideals.
The boss for that palace is interesting, But I'll let you see how.

But yeah even from the first trailers I noticed that Joker was almost the anthitesis of Narukami based on appearances atleast. Even more so now that we see one is pro-cop while the other is very anti-cop.

Speaking of the MC, I'm a fan of the guy. He's a lot more expressive compared to his predecessors. I also can empathize with his situation of being outcasted. I like that he really has to win people's trust and affection by comparison to Yu who just naturally wins people over.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I'm actually way past that bud. My bad for not mentioning that. I don't know where you are, so to avoid possible spoilers I'll say I'm at the seventh palace, and ho boy everything's piling up.

The comparison you made is true, but to me its more than that. The Investigation Team is working to rid the world of shadows, while the Phantom Thieves target and impart justice on those they believe deserve it. Both teams have different ideologies for their purpose.

I'll admit I'd like to see a Arena spin off for P5 just to see the interaction between them (even the Shadow Operatives as well!). I can already imangine them fighting against each other in a rivalry relationship due to differing goals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom