• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm just very bad at timing the third part online. As for DPing through oki, I just tried DPing whenever you did an oki setup that just looked off.

Delaying 5DD shouldn't beat a 5 frame 5A iirc, at least from what I've tried in training mode. It's just people are too scared to mash buttons even though Tomoe doesn't hit right away during her spinning animation. A friend told me that Chie can beat it with some 2D setup or something, but I dunno. I haven't hit the lab lately due to work and other games.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14680-Chie-Okizeme-and-Mixup-Video-and-Discussion-Thread&p=1389622&viewfull=1#post1389622

Coma said:
5D is 4 hits and 5DD is 19 hits. When you do 5D and 5DD right after a sweep, the first two hits are whiffing the opponent and it's the 3rd hit that makes contact. How late the 3rd hit connects is what makes it so characters with 5F 5As can hit the persona. If you just wait a bit after a sweep before cancelling into 5D or 5DD, you can get the 1st or 2nd hit to make contact. When you're cancelling into it immediately, these hits are too fast and are whiffing while the opponent is still teching.

You can see this easily by setting the training dummy to jump and knocking it down with a sweep then first doing 5D or 5DD right after a sweep as you would normally. The dummy should be airborne when the 5D or 5DD hits. Now do the same string into sweep and cancel into 5D or 5DD a little later so the first or second hit connects as opposed to the third hit. The opponent should be hit on the ground if you're timing it correctly. It's a lot easier to get the first hit to connect than it is for the second hit but you have to late cancel 5D really late for the first hit and makes it obvious that this is what you're going for.

Midscreen, you will find that late cancelling 5DD rather than 5D makes it so that the opponent is pushed out of the followup so you don't get much of a mixup but if you just do 5D so that it meaties, all of the hits will make contact. You won't be able to get much of a mixup but the opponent may still try to mash 5A and since the 5D is meaty, they will get counter hit. The last hit of 5D is a fatal counter so the counter hit carries from the first 3 hits and you can pick them up for a 5.05k combo if you end with super or 3.4k meterless with an AoA knockdown and corner carry.
That's where I got that delayed 5DD thing from. I suppose if you delay your tech, you could change the timing of the delay such that you could mash your jab through the persona as well.

Corner-wise, 2DD beats everything. Cept maybe DP? You DP'd once through my 2DD and I have no idea how that happened.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Guess I'll test that out since I wasn't aware. I haven't played all week until yesterday's tourney, so I haven't tested out all the stuff I've been thinking about.

School's gonna start later this month for me, so I dunno how much time I'm gonna put into this game aside from biweeklies. TRB is a no go because of school. Plus I want to actually learn KoF XIII a little more, and then there's Guilty Gear coming up. So many games and no time. :ohwell:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I believe the combo is something like CH 5a dash 5a dash 5a dash 5aa (rest of combo)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I just finished jury duty, and I help renovate a house, so I'm quite busy.

I do try fit in time to play though. I just don't get a lot of it.

This is my favorite FG right now, though, so I'll be on it for a while.

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I know I haven't been here often but yea, school is kinda bodying me.

And I'm really new so I'm hitting training mode every chance I get. I might get a chance to play later this week if my research goes well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've got new work and rush hour compels me to stay late 'cause I'm not really saving time leaving early anyway.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Regardless of work/school, it was expected. The game has been out for over a month now.
It's hard to give the game the same amount of time and effort.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i'm still loving this game

but i can't really play with anyone besides a select few who play when i don't haha

Minato

穏やかじゃない
*blink blink* I'd hardly call a month "total hype cool off time" or whatever.
Just going by various other fighters, my friend's list, tourney participants, and personal experience.
Of course, the dedicated people will still be playing it a lot.

I'm still playing it, but I'm more of a "less talk more play" kind of guy. I keep sending messages to join my lobby to whoever I see.
Speaking of which, I'll be on in a half hour. If I see anyone on, I'll send an invite.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Once I have internet access again, I'll be back online to play.

In the meantime, **** score attack mode.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool, I'll be waiting then.
Since no one joined the lobby.
It's getting harder and harder to find people on ranked. Maybe I should set a player lobby and put the connection limit to 3 on those days.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah it's pretty dead on ranked. Though I'm still low on PSR. It's probably even worse since you're like 700+.

I hope this game stays alive .-.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The only filters I've used is Same Region and Fast Connection to help my chances of 3 bar matches.
I used to put PSR to Stronger or Same, but now I moved it to Any. I just want good connections. If I don't, I fight the same person or I can't find anyone.

And I think the game should be fine. I know I'll be sticking with it along with GG throughout the next few months. Then I'll move on to BBCP to kill the time for Under Night In-Birth (which hopefully gets a port announced next year).

Edit: 21 entrants at this week's TRB :ohwell:. Hopefully things pick up next week.

Sion

Island of Horizon
seems like people are slowly losing interest. im attendin a tournament on saturday, so hopefully i can get some practice in tomorrow on netplay

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
It's sad, but people are going to lose interest in a non-Capcom fighter since the hype doesn't get that big :/

Anyway, I've been playing story mode to long that I totally forgot Teddie's and Chie's old voice.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm also going to a tournament on Saturday with P4A there and a bunch of other games. We should get a decent turn-out (I hope!), and maybe some people will be willing to mash autocombo or something.

I wish this game was on the Vita or something, I could try to practice it on the drive there.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm also going to a tournament on Saturday with P4A there and a bunch of other games. We should get a decent turn-out (I hope!), and maybe some people will be willing to mash autocombo or something.

I wish this game was on the Vita or something, I could try to practice it on the drive there.

Wouldn't that like...kinda mess you up a bit as the button layout on the Vita is nowhere near the layout on a stick and all?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
*blink blink* You do know that people practice stuff other than combos in training mode. :p
Well, I mean I figured people tested hitboxes, range, startup, recovery, damage, meter stuff, etc. Though it's not something that seems unheard of to practice different controller things since hell, I had to in order to go from pad to stick.

Mind's just been off/on the past bit and hyped/nervous about the next month. Gonna be makin sure I gets a shot at $100k...even if I get stuck in a freaking house for 2 months to do it, lol. :cool:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sakurazaki and I are going to have a lobby set up in about an hour. I'll send invites when I see you guys on.

Top Bottom