• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting and going through Persona 3 and 4, but my current order bit of RPGs to play is going: Finish Suikoden 2 again> play through FFVIII a second time (first in YEARS) > decide between playing through Suikoden V a 2nd time/Legend of Dragoon 2nd time/Vanguard Bandits/a Wild ARMs game, get ahold of Suikoden 3 or 4, or a Parasite Eve game.

Trying to go semi-retro for a bit, but if I find Persona 3 or 4 for the cheap, I'll certainly pick them up.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Trying to go semi-retro for a bit, but if I find Persona 3 or 4 for the cheap, I'll certainly pick them up.
If I was rich, I'd buy them for you, lol.

Then you too can be eagerly awaiting SMTIV.
fuadihfadh. My hype seriously can't hold out for this or anything releasing towards the end of the year...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
They are great games, it's only natural that we would want to get more people playing them. :3

MegaTen games can be hard to come by, so P3 being on PSN is really nice, might want to pick up P4 if you ever run by one, unless you plan on getting a Vita. :/

It's understandable if you don't have the extra money for it though.

But I've been seeing a lot of Nocturne at my Gamestops lately, it's strange going from never seeing it for years to there being more than one copy when I show up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Altus did a reprint after Fes for all the Ps2 MegaTen games besides Devil Summoner.
I got the first print of Nocturne, so that came with the OST unlike the reprint.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
They are great games, it's only natural that we would want to get more people playing them. :3

MegaTen games can be hard to come by, so P3 being on PSN is really nice, might want to pick up P4 if you ever run by one, unless you plan on getting a Vita. :/

It's understandable if you don't have the extra money for it though.

But I've been seeing a lot of Nocturne at my Gamestops lately, it's strange going from never seeing it for years to there being more than one copy when I show up.

Gamestop, he says. Up here we call them "EB Games".

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Like anyone outside of Canada would know that. :smirk:

Yeah, they're not as hard to find as they used to be. At the gamestore that I work at, we had mostly new copies of all of them except the core SMT games, P2, and Devil Summoner. They sell fairly well too.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Like anyone outside of Canada would know that. :smirk:

Yeah, they're not as hard to find as they used to be. At the gamestore that I work at, we had mostly new copies of all of them except the core SMT games, P2, and Devil Summoner. They sell fairly well too.

Weird, I swore you worked at a Chapters. I must be losing my mind. :urg:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
She did, change was fairly recent.

I picked up DDS 1 & 2 and Nocturne the other day during the store's 10th anniversary sale! ^^

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I work at both! :3c

Didn't you also get P3 & P4, or did I imagine that?
You tried to get me to buy them, but I already owned them. :p

The other purchases were:

Radiata Stories
Suidoken Tactics
Valkyrie Profile 2
Baten Kaitos: Origins

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So...potentially stupid and random question that everyone but me probably knows the answer to but...

In AE2012, there's something discovered where you can "half-release" the button of the fireball you're storing and still do moves with the button at the same time (in other words, you can hold your short fireball, and still do short kicks). Is there any sort of trick like that where you can still have Yukiko's say....A or B 236 attack be able to be detonated later while still doing A and B attacks?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know with Labrys' sword trap you can switch buttons when you delay it.

You can't do that with Yukiko as far as I can tell.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yukiko's Agi explodes immediately upon releasing A or B. Her Maragi explodes upon pressing C or D after it's traveled past a certain distance, or it will automatically trigger if it contacts with the opponent (it breaks Personas without triggering). Agidyne will continue spinning whether you hold or mash, or even release for an instant (you can auto-combo, hold A to make it continue spinning, release to explode Agi, press and hold A immediately after to keep spinning).

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yukiko's Agi explodes immediately upon releasing A or B. Her Maragi explodes upon pressing C or D after it's traveled past a certain distance, or it will automatically trigger if it contacts with the opponent (it breaks Personas without triggering). Agidyne will continue spinning whether you hold or mash, or even release for an instant (you can auto-combo, hold A to make it continue spinning, release to explode Agi, press and hold A immediately after to keep spinning).
Oh, so you can't say, only HALF-Release A or B with Agi, and then do another half-press (keeping in mind this wouldn't be a FULL release) to say, throw a fan while still charging B Agi? I guess I can understand that, and the Juri trick was more discovered by accident than anything.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Marvel has something similar to that with the Round Trip glitch, which allows Vergil to have unlimited use of Round Trip with button holds. By releasing and recharging Round Trip during the hitstop of a normal will throw out the sword but not release the charge.

I feel like what you're talking about is more of a glitch in Capcom games though, maybe Juri has something similar? I've never seen anything weird with button holds in other games.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, alright. I wasn't really EXPECTING there to be something like that in this game, but I figured if it did exist, it would be nice to ask and that I may as well. After all, if it did, it'd be pretty useful I'd say.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You're only invincible while you're teching, once the animation is over you have to block immediately, or you'll just get hit again.

Or netplay lag, I dunno.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Still fighting the urge to play every character, they're all so interesting.

My Akihiko is nonexistent now.

Fighting to clear my red name too, might as well mess with them all every now and then, may help me when I fight them. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ugh. Wth. I just keep getting hit after I tech. All. The. Time. Is there something I'm missing?

:phone:
If it's a yellow exclamation that's coming up each time you get hit, you're getting hit by an air unblockable.
To not let that happen, you're going to have to late neutral tech or something.

Left/right/up techs have very little invulnerability. I use those if the opponent isn't anywhere near me and I need to get away.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've ended up playing Kanji as an alternate because several of his combos are relatively easy to mash out and even without combos being a grappler gives him 2000-3000 damage at a time. :V

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I feel like Kanji's real strength lies in his resets and oki, his damage is just a bonus.

Where wake-up options are so limited in this game, I feel like you have to guess a lot against good Kanji players. And you only have to guess wrong once or twice. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I feel like Kanji's real strength lies in his resets and oki, his damage is just a bonus.

Where wake-up options are so limited in this game, I feel like you have to guess a lot against good Kanji players. And you only have to guess wrong once or twice. :I

Urgh. That gives me flashbacks to playing my Montreal friend's Tager. What fun THAT is/was. :glare:

Top Bottom