• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
GG's! Poltergust and I alternated off of every loss. He was the Kanji that you were playing. Hopefully more people will show up next time.
Do you want me to upload our games to YouTube?

Also, I'm going to have another lobby going on saturday night at around 10:30 PM EST. I get out of work at 10, so I should have enough time to set everything up.

:phone:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I might as well, shouldn't let that 4.5 gigs go to waste

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I wish people would stop kicking me from their rooms before they even play me. I can understand if you don't want to play on a bad connection, but set the room to block lower connections then, jeez.

I don't want to play ranked for the rest of my life. ;-;

Does Guadeo play ranked/network mode on the game too, Lythi? Maybe he's got some secret list of enemies/rivals on there, lol.

Or...maybe your rank is a lot higher than the others' in the room so they think they'll just get beaten that way? I dunno, I actually haven't played you in this game yet, but I know when it comes to Blazblue I seem to remember us having a decent-good connection speed.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't want to play ranked for the rest of my life. ;-;
I want to say the same, but I need to get rid of this red name problem, assuming it isn't the bug.

The red name is useless in this game anyways, it doesn't show up in ranked matches unless you use the show search results option, you can't even check the P-card. Why does it even exist?

I'll play Lythium.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, he plays on our Japanese account though, haha.

I dunno, it's just annoying though. Wanna play?

Sure. If you're on tonight I'll make a room/send an invite/whatever the case may be. Can't really right now though since whenever my car gets back here, I have to go into the city to see how my sister's cat's doing at the vets since it's been 3 nights there now.

Edit: Ah hell, I got until about 5 or 10 after, so I've got 25 minutes anyway. May as well hop on.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Again?

Something is going on with my internet service provider right now, this is different from the normal problem.

I needed to post this from my phone. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, good games guys.

Urgh, I need WAY more Teddie practice. My only practice with him prior was ONE match in Arcade mode with Chie. Also, my biggest non-bat surprise was "Holy crap! Teddie's a GUY and NOT a robot?!!"

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't know what's going on. Oh well, I think I'll end it there.

GGs Lythium and Livewire.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It was just my ISP acting up, so it was just some bad timing, our connection did seem fairly stable otherwise.

The Labrys mirror match we did play was kind of silly. I tend to like mirror matches though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, definitely!

I just feel like I'm always pressing the wrong buttons in a mirror match, and I'm like WHY AM I SO DUMB, DURR? I did like your use of rocket punch though, stolen. :3

Umby

Smash Master
I could use a little help understanding Aigis, now that I have a few of her combos down.

In normal mode, I'm gathering that I want to using my zoning tools and knockdown to safely get into Orgia mode. My question here is "how should I zone?" All I'm aware of is that 2B exists.

In Orgia mode, I want to know if it's worth boosting full screen to start pressure or if I still want to spend a few bullet to create blockstun before approaching.

And finally, when should I look to use (j.)5D/2D?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're not already up close, you probably want to deactivate Orgia mode unless you're really confident about getting in.

5D and 2D are good for setting up a slow approach from full or near full-screen, or to protect you while you're zoning.

iLink

Smash Champion
I could use a little help understanding Aigis, now that I have a few of her combos down.

In normal mode, I'm gathering that I want to using my zoning tools and knockdown to safely get into Orgia mode. My question here is "how should I zone?" All I'm aware of is that 2B exists.

In Orgia mode, I want to know if it's worth boosting full screen to start pressure or if I still want to spend a few bullet to create blockstun before approaching.

And finally, when should I look to use (j.)5D/2D?
In orgia mode, I like to do a 2B before I rush in to set up a wall of bullets in front of me.

If anyone has plays on PSN, they can add me: RemiKz_

I'm not too great yet. I mostly play UMvC3 and Skullgirls so I'm not all too familiar with arc system fighters. There's definitely a lot more meters and stuff I gotta pay attention to. I mostly use Akihiko, Labrys, Chie and a little Aigis.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ggs, Jam Stunna. Surprised you were willing to play so many games, haha.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah man, I'm trying to get in as many games as I can now, because I'll be without internet starting this weekend until mid-September. Good games, I'm glad we got a chance to play!

:phone:

Beanman

Smash Cadet
I just picked up this game on tuesday and have been having a blast with it. Although I am definitly feeling the 360 "controller wall" in challenge mode when trying to pull off some of these combos. I use akihiko and am trying aigis. XBL: Beanman1000

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Haven't posted in awhile. Guess I'll randomly post some anti-Chie stuff to help people out.

Chie's pressure is really good, and people will fall for her frame traps. 2B is JCable and dash cancelable. For Narukami, he can always punish the dash with 5A after blocking her 2B. So you'll need a movie as fast as that. If a Chie does 2B into j.C (which is a frame trap), you can just DP to bypass the j.C. She can't block it because it's air unblockable.

If the Chie frame traps you with dash 5A, it's really tough to get out, and lot's of good Chie's will do that. You can't backdash it, and only some B+Ds can beat it. I don't really have a solid answer to this one.

If Chie does sweep or A+B when you were being juggled and then okis, don't tech right away. Tomoe doesn't pick up opponents like Izanagi does. If you tech too late though, Chie will pick you up with 2A. So basically late tech to make her oki a little less scary.

Sion

Island of Horizon
you can beat dash 5a pressure with ib backstep or some other ib stuff

rolling seems to work well also

that's all i got

but good tips all around

i will keep this in mind when i fight one of the many chie players

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Oh cool, Sion. I'm definitely going to try that against Chie. Pretty sure that she can't punish it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As a zoner, I find it important that Chie's pretty weak at mid-full-screen until Awakening.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Might be worth noting that every move Chie has is jump cancellable except 2A, so she doesn't have to commit to anything ever.

Annnd, thank you Lythi. Oh, also I suppose I should get my main/sub thing changed to Yukiko/Chie.

By the way, who or what is Narukami? Is he that guy inside Teddie?

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Meh, don't beat yourself up for it. We all need those kicks in the head every once in a while.

I've been taking a break from this game ever since I completed Yukiko's challenge, lol. My arms were hurting. I'll be back playing tomorrow, though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Annnd, thank you Lythi. Oh, also I suppose I should get my main/sub thing changed to Yukiko/Chie.

By the way, who or what is Narukami? Is he that guy inside Teddie?
Done.
*sigh* This is why 1. I shouldn't ask questions after 5 hours of emptying out a sibling's apartment and 2. I should learn the source material first.
You should really play Persona 4. Play other Shin Megami Tensei games as well, they're good games.

Then you too can be eagerly awaiting SMTIV.

Top Bottom