• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ted can just DP out. Its awesome~ <3

I think the only character that can really give Teddie trouble on wake up is Chie. Theres a distant where she can D you that will let her not get hit by the Fake Bear explosion. She gets to punish with whatever she likes while Teddie sits there wagging his finger. .-.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have so much fun doing 5C 2C with Yukiko that I forget I'm supposed to use my meter when I have it. :x

I should pick up Mitsuru, that'll teach me to burn meter like a maniac.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Her normals are good enough for me to play simply, so I just ignore the part about difficult setups and combos.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
i have yet to face a real teddie

tell me what you guys know and what i should look out for as shabrys
He has better neutral, he can zone for days (if he wants to), everything kills the bull, and he can disrespect all of your set-ups. Also, his counter is really dumb, and will stop you from running good mixups on him, and you can't OS it by getting out of the way of the explosion and letting Asterius hit it, because it's basically unpunishable if it activates.

Save your meter for SB laser and Titanomachia.

I could play you sometime, but my Teddie is probably pretty bad, haha. I don't know how good our connection would be either. :<

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I have so much fun doing 5C 2C with Yukiko that I forget I'm supposed to use my meter when I have it. :x

I should pick up Mitsuru, that'll teach me to burn meter like a maniac.

Haha, I know. It happens to me sometimes. Kind of the same way I tend to occasionally forget to do the whole 236C/D~ ]A[ bit in combos.

Edit: Also, I oddly enough have this thing where I kinda refuse to play Teddie (despite Spark of all people maining him), even though he's like items and seems kind of Faust like and stuff.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Anybody around NY/NJ going to the break on friday? P4U and GG :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I use quick escape a lot already, but it's nice to see the actual frame data and stuff broken down, uses for it, and whatnot.

Xie always puts good stuff out, I hope he will continue to do this.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been doing trials for Shadow Labrys, and I want to give her a shot. It really comes down to a simple question: why not use the better version of the character I like?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No guys, learn Mitsuru. It's a character I can deal with unlike Shabrys.

Charge moves canceled and linked into other charge moves? After that nightmare that was me trying to learn Ralf and Clark combos in KOFXIII I think it might be my best interest to pass on that.

Sion

Island of Horizon
He has better neutral, he can zone for days (if he wants to), everything kills the bull, and he can disrespect all of your set-ups. Also, his counter is really dumb, and will stop you from running good mixups on him, and you can't OS it by getting out of the way of the explosion and letting Asterius hit it, because it's basically unpunishable if it activates.

Save your meter for SB laser and Titanomachia.

I could play you sometime, but my Teddie is probably pretty bad, haha. I don't know how good our connection would be either. :<
sb laser so good

also this matchup sounds really dumb. thanks for the insight, though!

oh god i fear for our connection, but maybe we could try someday

i remember playing with teczero (ec), and it didn't seem to be that bad of a connection

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No worries, Sion. :3

And yeah, we could always give it a try.

I've been doing trials for Shadow Labrys, and I want to give her a shot. It really comes down to a simple question: why not use the better version of the character I like?
Because they're actually completely different?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Labrys and Shadow Labrys are about as different as Noel and Mu-12 from what I've seen. Well, except for that Axe Overhead move that I forget the name of.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I keep hearing comparisons to their DP's though. Something to the extent that while Lab's is terrible, Shadow Lab's is the best.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Ok xbox people, my account is back and ready to host some lobbies :D

If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll start up a lobby at around 8 PM EST.

EDIT: I'm going to record and upload matches to my youtube channel.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I made the lobby early, if you want in, message me on xbl. FPWS

EDIT: Just disbanded the room, I'll be back in around 20 minutes. GG's Gova, dem meatballs!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
GG's! Poltergust and I alternated off of every loss. He was the Kanji that you were playing. Hopefully more people will show up next time.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I finally did it...

Managed to barely make it with 10,015~. If anyone needs help with it, just ask, but I'm off to bed!

EDIT: after an excruciating hour and a half, I finished the last challenge 29. Had to adjust my timings so many times.

Yeah, I didn't go to sle-

Zzzzzz...

:phone:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wish people would stop kicking me from their rooms before they even play me. I can understand if you don't want to play on a bad connection, but set the room to block lower connections then, jeez.

I don't want to play ranked for the rest of my life. ;-;

Top Bottom