• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I might set up another lobby today, we'll see how it goes. It'll probably be 4 PST again or something.
I just want to hit up some training mode first and figure out new setups and stuff since it's been awhile.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Is Minato's lobby still open? If not, I'm starting another one in about half an hour. PSN-JamStunna

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, had to go because I had to take care of some things. Slowly making Elizabeth my real main.
I still haven't gotten air hit confirms into ground combos down yet, so I should focus on that.
Yeah it would be great to have a full room.

I'm still working on my Mitsuru. I loss a bit of my momentum with her earlier. Changing sucks.

I noticed you finally started holding A on her super. Before I was wondering why you didn't since it deals more damage if you do.
Also, I recommend not just 5Aing at the start of the round. It works on a lot of people online, but I'm just gonna instant block it for free meter.

Anyways, I'm guessing you're on wireless? Seems like the connection would just lag a lot every now and then. The other two people in the lobby are also in SoCal so I'm confused on the weird disconnects midway through.

Edit: I'll hop on PSN again whenever you set up a room, Jam.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh my goodness...
Ahkiko vs kanji has got ot be like, the worst MU in the game. I'm saying this from the Kanji point of view. Its so ridiculously easy to scrub out and run a train on his offense with command throws and lightning DP's....

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Jam. Sorry about the lag midway through. I'm pretty sure the lag was coming from my end.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Hey xbox people, sorry I didn't add you guys, something's up with my account and I'm still trying to fix it :/

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
GGs Minato. The most frustrating thing is that I've never done Brutal Impact on purpose ever, I'm just mashing too hard lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato. The most frustrating thing is that I've never done Brutal Impact on purpose ever, I'm just mashing too hard lol.

I'm actually the same way online lol. I've gotten stuff like Diarahan or Cross Slash on accident in matches.
The game has shortcut inputs for supers, so I'm guessing that's also a part of it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm actually the same way online lol. I've gotten stuff like Diarahan or Cross Slash on accident in matches.
The game has shortcut inputs for supers, so I'm guessing that's also a part of it.

Shortcut inputs for supers in this game too, huh? Well, you got my interest.

GGs, had to go because I had to take care of some things. Slowly making Elizabeth my real main.
I still haven't gotten air hit confirms into ground combos down yet, so I should focus on that.

I noticed you finally started holding A on her super. Before I was wondering why you didn't since it deals more damage if you do.
Also, I recommend not just 5Aing at the start of the round. It works on a lot of people online, but I'm just gonna instant block it for free meter.

Anyways, I'm guessing you're on wireless? Seems like the connection would just lag a lot every now and then. The other two people in the lobby are also in SoCal so I'm confused on the weird disconnects midway through.

Edit: I'll hop on PSN again whenever you set up a room, Jam.
Sometimes I don't charge when you do the special on block so when someone tries to punish me they get the foot. Yeah I do 5A at start to much. I've been thinking about mixing it up since I get the pre-match charge. I can use the morror or the "sonic boom" to just rush in.

I really like Mitsuru, even though I miss my charges sometimes and I have a hard time linking the 5B, 2AB, CMirror, but that's just a combo extender so I don't HAVE to learn it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I remember that post too, lol. Didn't really help me much because all it meant for me was that I didn't have to release 2 at the end.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Well, it's only because I have a tendency to only get 6 and a half hours of sleep on weekdays and didn't get to sleep till 4am last night before getting up before 10am, so yeah. I'm normally a bit better when I get a nice 8 hours in, though...I still have my moments, lol. Like when I sometimes get really out of it at get togethers or tournaments and start confusing people. Happened at T12 last year, and at MAD this year. Amusingly enough both times it was 2 people from the Montreal crew despite knowing them the 2nd best of anyone there. D'oh.

I also ramble off topic when that happens and I start getting a bit tired sometimes, sorry. :urg:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I get Garudyne sometimes when I just want to toss kunais in some of the more laggy matches.

Full screen Garudyne is the worst thing if I don't have an extra 50SP. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Not really, whenever that happens it's because I super jump and get an extra 236 from it. If my opponent doesn't know to start blocking the giant green tornado when they are not even on the screen then...

:054:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone ever run into it?
I swear I saw someone run into it in a lobby. Well, more like they weren't blocking when Rutger moved toward them.

Anyway, after watching and playing P4A this is what I think of the current cast.

S: Mitsuru
A+: Chie, Yu, Teddie, Aigis
A: Shabrys, Akihiko
B: Yosuke, Naoto, Labrys, Yukiko, Elizabeth, Kanji

No real particular order within the rows kinda, and obviously don't take this opinion list as fact lol. I just don't see Aigis as good as Mitsuru, and I find Teddie underrated and one of the best. As for who's the worst character, I don't know. I'd be leaning towards Elizabeth if she didn't have such a huge comeback factor. Plus she has some matchup advantages.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Ugh. I played horribly tonight. Felt like I was pressing a lot of random buttons at many points. Definitely need to work on my midscreen oki.

That naru vacuum man. I don't know what the downward slash by the persona on the 2nd part of the oki is supposed to be. Is it cross up or uncross up at that point?

Although I got my Chie cross up setup in the corner with the burst so I was happy about that. Too bad I dropped the follow up .-.

Also really wanted to add my name to your 4 losses on your narukami. Wtf at that win rate. >[

GGs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ugh. I played horribly tonight. Felt like I was pressing a lot of random buttons at many points. Definitely need to work on my midscreen oki.

That naru vacuum man. I don't know what the downward slash by the persona on the 2nd part of the oki is supposed to be. Is it cross up or uncross up at that point?

Although I got my Chie cross up setup in the corner with the burst so I was happy about that. Too bad I dropped the follow up .-.

GGs.
GGs. That downward slash is 5DD and hits mid. If I'm doing j.B, jump forward and 5DD, it is a cross up. It's also a frame trap so you can't mash and you have to take it. Narukami can also j.A at the start of the double jump though which makes it a fuzzy guard (but it's really difficult on most characters).

Also, I'd recommend teching since Narukami can set up the same situation, he just gets more damage out of it too. I dropped the A+B every time except for once though, so I guess it's fine. lol

And I guess I'll tell people about what to do against Elizabeth. You really shouldn't worry about Thanatos when you're midscreen. While it's true that 5D beats blocking, 2C beats mashing, and Mabufudyne beats jumping, all you have to do is back dash after 2C. If the Liz player does 5C after, she can't cancel it into anything else until the second hit of 5C hits since the first will whiff. If the player decided to do 5D, you have more time to react and mash. I'm pretty sure Mabufudyne is do slow to catch the backdash. I guess A Maziodyne can catch you, but if she guessed wrong and you blocked, just run past Thanatos and punish her.

Edit: Never mind. Liz can't cancel Thanatos into specials on block. That makes things even easier after the backdash.
Actually... I think dash up 5A after blocked 2C just beats all of her options...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good games, JamStunna and...those other 2 people who came in, one of which I think is/was from here?

I swear there were a couple moments where it took a little bit for the command to input as there were times where I'd put a bunch of commands in and it would seem like Yukiko was standing there. Oh well, at least I got my combo document printed out so that I can practice off that and learn some from it.

My biggest surprise is that holding fire with Yukiko is so different from storing fireballs with Juri in AE2012. Like in that, I can hold up to 3 different fireballs at once and let them go one after the other. Or, conversely, I can shoot 1-2 of them off and still have the 3rd stored. Here, if I'm storing the B version of fire and do the A version, it seems to cancel the storing/holding of the B one.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games. Those two guys were just random players as far as I know.

I play Juri in AE as well, and I was really looking forward to Yukiko. I still like her a lot in theory, since her setups and unblockables really intrigue me. But in practice, I can't vibe with her. I did most of her trials and tried her out a bit against Minato, and I wasn't feeling it. I'm a rushdown kind of guy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good games. Those two guys were just random players as far as I know.

I play Juri in AE as well, and I was really looking forward to Yukiko. I still like her a lot in theory, since her setups and unblockables really intrigue me. But in practice, I can't vibe with her. I did most of her trials and tried her out a bit against Minato, and I wasn't feeling it. I'm a rushdown kind of guy.

Yeah, she takes some getting used to and I still kinda have days where I feel off with her. Hell, that kinda applies for Juri too. I'd say I like characters you can get in there and rush down with, but that's not really true. I'm not sure exactly what kind of a "that type of character" guy I really am, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hey, if that works, why not? :3

I played against some friends online last night. I've never met a Yu who was so committed to spamming DP. Like seriously. I'm on the other side of the screen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey, if that works, why not? :3

I played against some friends online last night. I've never met a Yu who was so committed to spamming DP. Like seriously. I'm on the other side of the screen.

Well...if at first you don't connect, spam spam away until you're across the screen. :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I will mash DP with Narukami a lot. Partly because I start caring less about the match when the lag gets bad though. :ohwell:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I guess I should be glad that my character's DP isn't so good that I would rely on it.

Top Bottom