• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Jiraiya, why are you such an amazing Persona?

Go fight full screen for me = legit strategy it seems, at least for a little bit. I'll have to look into this more.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
>Goes into first match
>I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING
>Mash random buttons

Haven't felt like this in a long time `-`.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I need to get in some matches with Labrys, I don't feel as comfortable playing her as I do with Yosuke and Akihiko.

I'm also thinking of trying out Aigis, she looks fun.

>Goes into first match
>Mash random buttons

That shouldn't last too long, this game has felt really easy to pick up, in a good way imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
>Goes into first match
>Mash random buttons

Haha, I feel ya. It's like the first hour I played Juri in AE2012. Then I realized she reminds me of that black-haired chick from Killer Instinct (especially when KSE's going) and worried less. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you'll find a character that clicks, and then you'll give a bunch of us a run for our money.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Has anyone fought Score Attack mode Teddie?

You will flip your ****! They arn't even trying to hide the fact that they want to cheese you out anymore.

Yo Minato that comeback you were making against that Shadow Lab was amazing. I almost had a heart attack it was so clutch.

As for Narukami questions: How do you go about crossing the opponent up with 5D oki? Would you just j.B>land>command dash>5DD then go from there?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Making up my own Aigis combos, feels so swag. :3

Trying to get a feel for how many bullets I should be using per combo... it's weird.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I need to work on comboing with Kanji. I was making a few good reads and snatching people for biiiig damage, but every time I would get a hitconfirm I couldn't follow it up.

This game is extremely fun.

Smooth Criminal

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
But I am good at being a smartypants. :3

I don't think I'm actually going to play Aigis though, haha. Just giving a couple characters a spin in training mode.

Sion

Island of Horizon
why not? vampire saviour tier mixup and hit confirm leading into 50%

well i guess not everyone picks charactersfor such reasons

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, we'll see. Training mode is fine and all, but putting into actual play is another thing. Plus, I've got a tournament to attend on Saturday, so I gotta work on my Teddie a bit more, I think. :3

Aigis is really cool though, I'd like to play around with her a bit more.

Sion

Island of Horizon
omg im jealous of you guys having torunaments already

and teddie is an interesting character. hope you do well with him!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thanks, I'll do my best! :3

I have a feeling there will be a lot of Yu and Mitsuru players to contend with, haha. And Elizabeth seems pretty popular too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I didn't do as well as I hoped. After I lost that match, I had to face my friend who got top 8. :ohwell:
I'll be going to Sunday's tourney that Level Up's hosting though.
Yo Minato that comeback you were making against that Shadow Lab was amazing. I almost had a heart attack it was so clutch.

As for Narukami questions: How do you go about crossing the opponent up with 5D oki? Would you just j.B>land>command dash>5DD then go from there?
Thanks. Unfortunately, that was like the one matchup I didn't mess around with so I couldn't adapt fast enough.
Funny thing is, if I jabbed instead of done throw, I could've beaten the DP. Not a lot of people know this, but Narukami can just jab Chie or the Labryses and then just mash DP twice to beat their reversal. Works on AoAs if you jabbed their super armor.

If I roll, I generally don't do the j.B. The reason why is, 5D block stun is already gone by the time you land, so your roll can be thrown if they see it. Various mixup oki I do after 5D are

j.B dj 5DD
j.B dj.A 5DD
j.B 2A 2B jc (jump cancel) j.5DD air dash A+C then do j.B before landing or land and do 2A
dash jump low air dash j.B
dash empty jump 2A
dash, roll 5DD
dash A+B 5DD (makes A+B safe if blocked)

You can mix and match jump of these here and there. If they end up getting hit while Izanagi is out, your combo is 2B 5B 5D 214B dash sweep. But if they got comboed by a cross up 5DD and you're on the other side, it's 2B 5B 5C 2B 5B sweep.

The first mixup I listed, you're delaying the dj.5DD so that it cross them up. Second mixup I listed is a triple overhead which is a fuzzy guard. Doesn't work on Labrys, Shadow Labrys, and Teddie. Third mixup is assuming that the j.B listed is block. You should be creating frame traps here too.

Sion

Island of Horizon
ah mitsuru and yu. i can see myself getting my **** rushed down by both of them so fast =(

don't worry about it, minato. it's all day 1 stuff. gj though!

and omg so many tournaments

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Play an Elizabeth, and then you'll know.
I play Mitsu, so yeah, Elizabeth isn't too dangerous.

Anytime Elizabeth is a problem in your area just hire the local Mitsu crew to take care of it.

And there's always a local Mitsu crew.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Was going to go to the trouble of making that South Park Ski Instructor Meme with this but got lazy.

If you try to beat Mitsuru with Elizabeth... you're going to have a bad time.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's strange, I failed to connect to the room and then my game froze.

Also, when I got kicked out it told me the room was disbanded, but it wasn't. The same thing happened a couple other times today as well, but it didn't freeze.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's strange, I failed to connect to the room and then my game froze.

Also, when I got kicked out it told me the room was disbanded, but it wasn't. The same thing happened a couple other times today as well, but it didn't freeze.
I'll send another one after this match.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have had a bad day with Netplay connections.

I think I'll just go to training mode for now. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Haha, Sukukaja. Yosuke's 2C will knock the opponent all the way across the screen in this mode and he can dash up and continue comboing. I wonder if I can get anything worthwhile out of this.

I love this power up.

Rutger, can you do me a favour, and switch out Chie for Labrys?
Done.

Top Bottom