• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, tiers can change over time.

It's not a big deal anyway. Like Rutger said, every character is represented at SBO, and while some may seem a bit underwhelming, I don't think anyone is unviable. You just might have to try a little harder to win.

I'm sure Akihiko and Yosuke are still very good characters, just maybe not as good as some of the others.

On an unrelated note, fighting against Elizabeth is annoying. :I

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone wants to play me today or something, just message me on PSN. My PSN ID is Izanagi_XIII
That's weird, I thought Akihiko and Brosuke were in A tier?
That was the tier list in the Arcadia Magazine. The one aisight posted is from some forum/member.
I wouldn't take those for granted all the time, but that doesn't mean they'll be completely wrong either. I wouldn't say they're credible though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've got my selection of super-easy Yukiko combos because I have poor execution, haha. Hoping that 2000-3500 damage is acceptable.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, tiers can change over time.

It's not a big deal anyway. Like Rutger said, every character is represented at SBO, and while some may seem a bit underwhelming, I don't think anyone is unviable. You just might have to try a little harder to win.

I'm sure Akihiko and Yosuke are still very good characters, just maybe not as good as some of the others.

On an unrelated note, fighting against Elizabeth is annoying. :I

Well yeah, I kinda just remembered people saying Akihiko was potentially broken so him being B was surprising. But the rest I couldn't read since my eyes were blurry from crying salty tears of sorrow over Yosuke and Kanji, lol.

Edit: Also I have to ask. How does the speed/floatiness/etc of this game feel? Like yeah, it's a silly question, but trying to get an idea for how it goes before it gets here so I'll know what to expect.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yosuke isn't bad at all, don't worry about horizontal placement on tier lists, it usually doesn't matter.

And just because Kanji isn't great it doesn't mean he is Tager bad.

Don't worry about tiers too much. :3

I just got into training mode, Yosuke, obviously it will depend on the character and what you think is acceptable speed/floatiness/etc but it feels fast and not too floaty.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually saw/read a couple of reviews on the game today, and apparently the Training mode and all that is REALLY good and has a bunch of situations you can set it up to do, etc. Sounds kinda neat.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll set up a closed lobby around 3 PST. Anyone can join in then or later, it's fine.
Even if you don't have combos down, you'll get matchup experience and adapt which is equally important.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Just got my copy too. I have one hour to learn basic stuff before work /o\.

Uh. Is the mash A thing that auto does everything for you supposed to be easy mode or something? Oh geez. Someone tell me you can turn it off please? `-`

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Also picked up the copy, and trying to squeeze some time in before going to work. <.<

I take it I'm the only Live player posting ?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Color's and Glasses are cheaper than I expected, only $6 for each full pack.

I still don't like paying for this but I've spent money on far more useless things(MvC3, stupid $70 paperweight.)

I like how Challenge mode highlights the move you messed up on, nice little touch.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Uh. Is the mash A thing that auto does everything for you supposed to be easy mode or something? Oh geez. Someone tell me you can turn it off please? `-`
Auto-Combo isn't even good, it's like 1500-2300 damage and it costs blue life to use. It certainly gives completely new players something to mash out easy, but it doesn't drop the skill ceiling any.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh I probably should've made myself clearer on the last sentence. I meant that in a way that in case I'm mashing out, it won't force me to do a move I don't want to.

Also, does anyone know if there's an easier way to do 214 236236 (or vice versa)?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
DAMN YOU ALL

Will be getting my copy after work.

@ Ankoku: Actually, Auto-Combos don't cost any blue life until you initiate the special move > Super Cancel > Super. I wouldn't say They're completely useless outside of that, either. Depending on the character, the first three or four hits of the Auto Combo can get you more SP than normal. It's also possible to chain other normals together from certain parts of the Auto Combo as well, making for quick combos.

(Not sure on the last part!)

SO HYPE I WANT THIS GAME NAO

Smooth Criminal

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DAMN YOU ALL

Will be getting my copy after work.
This.

The lab is calling me. I need to do some ****ing combo chemistry.

Also picked up the copy, and trying to squeeze some time in before going to work. <.<

I take it I'm the only Live player posting ?
I feel neglected. You of all people should know I have your back.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can't avoid the AAAAA combo, so just make sure not to mash too hard.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Auto combo is kind of a misnomer. It really isn't an auto combo until you press the A that turns into a special and then into super.
5AAA with Narukami is no different than Melty's Half Moon 5A6AA.
Doing 4AAA won't work as an auto combo though unless you're playing Mitsuru, iirc.
Oh I probably should've made myself clearer on the last sentence. I meant that in a way that in case I'm mashing out, it won't force me to do a move I don't want to.

Also, does anyone know if there's an easier way to do 214 236236 (or vice versa)?
23623 is the shortcut double fireball supers like in older Capcom games.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Any news on patching the online for the Xbox version? Almost every match I saw on Youtube had someone mention how bad the lag is online. )= [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've gone through about twenty challenges with every character and they all look fun. Nothing else to do other than try them out in matches.

I'll probably be up for some matches in about an hour or so if anyone else wants to play.

[FONT=&quot]☯ Any news on patching the online for the Xbox version? Almost every match I saw on Youtube had someone mention how bad the lag is online. )= [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]
Atlus/Arc System Works has addressed the issue and are working on a patch.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll start the lobby at 4 PST and I'll invite anyone I see. If you guys haven't added me, my PSN ID was on an earlier post if you want in.

Edit: Lobby is up

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato, and to the other person, I didn't recognize your ID.

It was fun trying out some characters in matches, I'm really happy with Yosuke as a character, now I need to go learn some combos so I'm not always mashing A. :/

I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing Akihiko, and Labrys is cool but hard for me to play. I still need to try out some other characters.

Both Naotos could get difficult, Yosuke could rush in easily but Akihiko and especially Labrys had a hard time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey is everyone still in the lobby? If anyone wants to add my PSN it's: ZeSin-Phoenix.
We just got done. If you ever want some matches, just add me.
GGs Minato, and to the other person, I didn't recognize your ID.

It was fun trying out some characters in matches, I'm really happy with Yosuke as a character, now I need to go learn some combos so I'm not always mashing A. :/

I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing Akihiko, and Labrys is cool but hard for me to play. I still need to try out some other characters.

Both Naotos could get difficult, Yosuke could rush in easily but Akihiko and especially Labrys had a hard time.
GGs. The other player was Sion. I haven't put too much time into Naoto, but these matches really helped. She's difficult to hit confirm at times online, but it's not as hard as Yosuke's probably.

I suggest teching against Narukami, btw. If you just get hit by 5D, he can reset the situation.
And remember that you can just hold a button to tech instead of piano it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs. The other player was Sion. I haven't put too much time into Naoto, but these matches really helped. She's difficult to hit confirm at times online, but it's not as hard as Yosuke's probably.

I suggest teching against Narukami, btw. If you just get hit by 5D, he can reset the situation.
And remember that you can just hold a button to tech instead of piano it.
Narukami was early on, I hadn't fought anything in this game before then so I needed to get used to teching among other mechanics, I'm holding a button now.

The sad part is that I did learn a simple Yosuke combo but I always just mashed A whenever I landed a hit. :/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh my gosh~
Teddies dittos are by far the funnest thing on here~ I have absolutely no clue whats going on during em.
I think i'm gonna stick to him. His normals, and sets up are just bonkers~!
30 wins out 34 matches so far. This games a total blast. <3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Narukami was early on, I hadn't fought anything in this game before then so I needed to get used to teching among other mechanics, I'm holding a button now.

The sad part is that I did learn a simple Yosuke combo but I always just mashed A whenever I landed a hit. :/
I figured. I suggest doing what I did to help get better fast. Practice combos with different starters, okis, mixups, and frame traps. Once you get those down, set the dummy to COM and just practice different matchups. This basically helped me get those down in 2 days while helping my instant blocking too.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
This.

The lab is calling me. I need to do some ****ing combo chemistry.

I feel neglected. You of all people should know I have your back.
Ffff you didn't clean your wallet out at Whobo?

:( Hurry and get the game bro

keero16

Smash Rookie
So do any of you think the trophies or achievements are particularly hard? I really want to try to platinum this game on PS3, but if it's like impossibly hard then I won't bother.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There's definitely input delay (I can't time the obvious high/low in Chie's Skull Cracker despite it being ridiculously reactable), but it's acceptable for cross-country matchmaking. I think it ranges from like 3-5 frames.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Good Lord.

This game's a helluva lot faster than I expected.

Just kinda derping around in training mode at the moment. Once I dig up an ethernet cord I'll be playing you guys. :3

Smooth Criminal

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be setting up a lobby around 1 PST tomorrow. I want to just get used to some new setups and maybe FC combos before WNF.
I'll message whoever I see on around that time for invites.

Top Bottom