• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Labrys, S. Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, and Elizabeth make up the bottom tier, out of the three tiers that existed in the May update. Aigis and Mitsuru were the top tier.

I don't know about tournament viability for anyone though.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Dunno what Dacid will say but based on what I've seen every character is tourney viable. However some characters may have to learn another character just for one or two matchups.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Every character made it into SBO, so it can't be that bad right?

Though the lower characters do have some pretty bad matchups apparently and if you really want to win then you probably should not play them.

I guess this is nothing more than speculation since I have not played the game yet, so I'm interested in anything else Dacidbro may have to say about it.

Speaking of SBO, I haven't really heard much about it but that's over now, it just sort of came and went and here are the results. :/
http://shoryuken.com/2012/08/04/tougeki-2012-super-battle-opera-this-weekend/

1. Shuuto (Mitusuru)
2. Hae-chan (Chie)
3. Shingo (Sanada)
3. Denpa (Naoto)
5. Reo (Sanada)
5. Himajin (Yukiko)
5. Mad (Kuma)
5. Irusu (Mitsuru)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been messing around in training mode. Seems like Naoto can't do her SMP combo on Teddie because of his hitbox.
At least, the two variations I learned won't work since his hitbox is a little weird.

If it's possible for Atlus and ArcSys, I do hope the combo gets patched out. I find this combo pretty dumb considering how practical it is.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
what is/are the horrible match-up(s) yukiko has?

trying to like this game guys help me

obv :012:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
what is/are the horrible match-up(s) yukiko has?

trying to like this game guys help me

I don't know why telling her bad match ups will help you like the game unless you planning on CPing lol.
Her bad matchups from what I can tell are Shadow Labrys and also Naoto.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I heard Shadow Labrys is bad as well, Asterios just blocks everything.

ninja'd. :/

That machinima stream is cool, they are explaining a lot of things and it should be good for newcomers.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool, seems like Narukami can protect himself after attempting an AoA if Izanagi is out.
So sweep 5D, run and go low with 2A or go high with AoA and press D again.

Also, I just realized how it's a bit harder to punish bursts in this game. Generally I'll jump cancel my move, but you're unable to block for 5 (?) frames regardless if it's high or low after jumping. So you have to JC early instead of reacting to a burst. Of course, DP works as well. It's just not the best punish.

Dacidbro

Smash Rookie
There's only a few characters that I think really have trouble in tournament..

Yukiko, Labrys, Kanji, Elizabeth

Shadow labrys definitely is not a character that has trouble. Don't know how that character is anything less than terrifying, especially since her defensive options don't suck, unlike her Non-evil counterpart.

The commonality to all of the weak tournament characters is weak defensive choices, can't really fake it in a game that restricts backdash on wakeup and has roll vulnerable til frame 3.

To play these characters, you need to be brilliant with 2B AA and Guard Cancel frequently. Best of luck

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Brawl Falcon doesn't take out 40% of your life in one read.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't know why telling her bad match ups will help you like the game unless you planning on CPing lol.
It won't.

But it'll lower my expectations. :awesome:

obv :222:

edit: srsly tho, thanks for the heads-up. if it turns out i'm not a picky ****** and actually like the engine, i might actually play a game that looks like it's from 2012.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
In the near future when everyone settles into the game, anyone want to do some online training sessions to level everyone up?
Not exactly what we did for BB, but something a bit more organized so people get better.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In the near future when everyone settles into the game, anyone want to do some online training sessions to level everyone up?
Not exactly what we did for BB, but something a bit more organized so people get better.

I'm down. Gotta do something in between trying to get on Big Brother for the winter/spring. :cool:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, if I get the game it'll probably be for PS3, since my roommate's planning on running a 24/7 lobby on PSN hooked up to a livestream.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It looks like these are the tiers, according to some Japan BBS
S: Mitsuru
A: Aigis, Chie, Yu
B: Teddie, Akihiko, Yukiko, Naoto, Shadow Labrys, Yosuke
C: Elizabeth, Labrys, Kanji

and here's PSR. PSR shows the character, players over 800, 700, and 600 skill level for that character, and total number of players.

Code:
PSR		800	700	600
Yu		16	81	158	5483
Chie		15	45	94	4450
Labrys		4	43	113	4156
Elizabeth	11	47	82	2842
Kanji		9	49	96	2553
Mitsuru		32	68	106	2457
Akihiko		11	40	87	2410
Yosuke		9	40	78	2406
Yukiko		10	40	56	2250
Teddie		7	22	43	1791
Naoto		6	22	40	1662
Aigis		12	33	56	1205
Shadow Labrys	6	22	30	904

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How does PSR work? I was never too clear on that.

:phone:
Player Skill Ranking, I'm not really sure myself but I think it's the arcade card system's point system for climbing a leaderboard or something.

Top Bottom