• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect waveland data?

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Not so much data but how and why does it happen and how could I go about testing it for myself in 20XX 3.02 so I don't have to **** post more here (I am of course talking about the completely horizontal waveland)

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's all spacing. His jumps happen to line up perfectly with platforms. Maximum height fulljump + dj lines up with DL and BF top platforms. Max height fulljump lines up with DL lower plat, and backwards fulljump will NIL (No-impact land), which also allows you to wL frames sooner. Backwards fulljump also will NIL on BF lower plats, allowing you to wL slightly sooner than the normal jump, which has to be timed precisely since the height of the plat doesn't line up perfectly with your jump height. But, Ganons dj at the ledge aligns you perfectly for wL onstage (ledgedash), and if you reverse ledgedash into a fp analog forward dj, you align perfectly with the lower plat for NIL or wL (pseudo dash). Ledgehop runoff to fp analog backwards jump will NIL on the lower plat as well, and all these apply to YS's ledge and lower plats too. Also if you wL, wd, or runoff the lower plat into fp dj you will NIL on the top plat (or wL obviously).

Wavelands are easier, input window-wise, when you fastfall, and Ganon's jump/fall animation means a lot. It's much easier to perfect wL from his neutral/forward dj animation than the neutral sh or fulljump, which is still easier than doing it out of a backwards jump. And EVEN HARDER (imo... might be a 1-frame input window non-fastfalled which is what I suspect for the backwards jump, which may be a 2-frame window for the wL) is perfect wL after a shield drop. The animation just isn't conducive to perfect wL and is arguably better to just angle the wL instead of going for a perfect one.

Last edited:

Hunybear

Smash Ace
I've always found it easier to DJ waveland as unposed to Just SH/FH. I suspect it's the result of Gannon's DJ animation scrunching his body. I feel that his ECB then comes in contact with the stage and platforms easier after the Air dodge. This of course is all speculation. Any thoughts as to why this is or is my hypothesis correct? I'll test it as soon as I can. I'd just like to know.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also can you tell me anything about NIL? Like... What it means lol! I understand it has something to do with no impact lands?
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. You just stand in place on the plat instantly, and you can hold down just as it happens to buffer an instant drop (into aerial), which is just as fast as a fp shield drop and 10x easier. You can also dash instantly, which is HUGE, as it means you can shield drop (shai drop) whenever you want to (even pivot shield drop). To get a NIL onstage you have to do a Ledgehop that is slower than fp (but for all RLD applications you want to be as close to fp as possible).

I abuse backwards fulljump NIL instant drop aerial (BF and DL). It looks like your jumping away to retreat and all of a sudden your fair is already out, which surprises people. You're jumping up quickly (as backjump gets you to the plat faster than regular jump) and dropping without warning. The vertical agility is what's surprising (not to mention lots of people expect Ganon to wL instead). It's definitely metagame-pushing stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom