• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Stalker Invitational - An SSBU Tourney Feat. Izaw, Glutonny, Leon, Leffen and more! 3.1.2015

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice

Introduction

Sup everyone, PS~Tsunayoshi here on behalf of Perfect Stalker letting you guys know we will be hosting a SmashU online invitational on January 3rd with EU’s finest in attendance. As some of you might know, we are a European Crew devoting our time to Smash with the purpose of bringing the European Smashscene closer together as a whole and creating Smashcontent in either text or video format for anyone who is interested in honing their skills. This invitational is not just to get our name out there, but to give you as a potential viewer some ‘’ eye-candy ‘’ by letting some of EU’s finest duke it out to see who will eventually come out on top.

SCHEDULE

The invitational will start on Saturday, January 3rd at 2:00 PM CET

PLAYERS
Tsunayoshi
Sodrek
Leon
Glutonny
Luigi_Player
vyQ
Marcbri
Greward
Skinutski
Loota
Leffen
Izaw
Kasper
Gardex
Chiiiii
kaak

BRACKET
http://teamperfectstalker.challonge.com/PerfectStalkerInvitational

PRIZES

The winner of the Invitational will receive an Amiibo of their choosing, sponsored by PS

RULES
General Rules

-3 Stocks

-8 Minute Time Limit

-Items set to “Off” and “None”

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects

-Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:

-If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a match loss

-If you are 15 minutes late: Results in a set loss

-These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

-Dave's stupid rule: A player can't pick a stage they previously won on during the set.

-Double Elimination Bracket

-The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1 (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking one stage as well)

-Other Matches

-The winner bans 2 stages once for the rest of the set

-The loser counterpicks a stage

-The winner picks his character

-The loser picks his character

-Next match will be played

-Every set is a Bo3, except for the finals Bo5

-Custom moves are banned

Stage List

Starters

-Battlefield

-Final Destination

-Smashville

Counterpicks

-Duck hunt

-Castle Siege

-Every Omega Stage

-Lylat Cruise

-Town and City

-If FD gets banned then Omega FD gets banned as well

STREAM

To witness EU’s finest duking it out live, be sure to watch our stream on http://www.twitch.tv/teamperfectstalker
Get all our updates by following http://www.twitter.com/Perfect_Stalker!

As always, a follow is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Hub5

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHub5
3DS FC
2621-2913-3181
Yeah, eddy definitely is in the top 15 of the europe's finest

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
The spanish selection is full of fraud xDDD.

Just to clarify: Fraud is a spanish meme so i'm not saying this tourney is a fraud at all. Although there are some better choices with more skill (based in tournament results) in spain. But i understand that they are very representative and famous.

More data: Lion just won the biggest tourney in Spain as to date (Gamergy Open Cup), winning 3-0 against grew. And Marcbri just got 9º in the same tourney. That's why i say there are better choices that can show the skill level of Spain than these 2.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
My intention was not to flame, just to make a (half-jokingly) point and thats all. I understand Marcbri and Grew are a good representation.

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
Update: Leffen, known for being one of the best Melee Foxes is now confirmed and ready to represent Sweden!

HYPE!

Last edited:

Joseluisasdfg

Smash Rookie

My intention was not to flame, just to make a (half-jokingly) point and thats all. I understand Marcbri and Grew are a good representation.
Dude, we have two amazing players representing our country, just support your own community and stop being an assh0le.

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
kongo jungle isn't a counterpick? it's a good stage, smaller than in Melee so aircamping isn't an issue.

make it legal tsunayoshi, also the soundtrack is amazing

Greward

Smash Lord
You're saying it like it's not ok as a neutral stage. It has no random hazzards and pretty much the only thing is the higher blast zones (which isn't bad, just a feature, like smashville or any brawl stage has a lower blast zone than smash4 stages), the other thing arguable about the stage is the barrel which can help recoveries (just like SV platform can also help recoveries lol) but that's pretty much it.
It had been banned in Melee because of aircamp, but in this game there's no issue with that because the stage is smaller (or the characters are bigger, or maybe both lol).

It's your decision obviously, but just saying kongo jungle is legit and definitely better than castle siege (which in this game feels kinda bad imo, second stage is awful and the transformations aren't well done). I'm not here to tell you to put in stages like Skyloft or PS2 which are... debatable, but kongo jungle 64 should be a no brainer imo

ChoZoAireX

Smash Rookie
You're saying it like it's not ok as a neutral stage. It has no random hazzards and pretty much the only thing is the higher blast zones (which isn't bad, just a feature, like smashville or any brawl stage has a lower blast zone than smash4 stages), the other thing arguable about the stage is the barrel which can help recoveries (just like SV platform can also help recoveries lol) but that's pretty much it.
It had been banned in Melee because of aircamp, but in this game there's no issue with that because the stage is smaller (or the characters are bigger, or maybe both lol).

It's your decision obviously, but just saying kongo jungle is legit and definitely better than castle siege (which in this game feels kinda bad imo, second stage is awful and the transformations aren't well done). I'm not here to tell you to put in stages like Skyloft or PS2 which are... debatable, but kongo jungle 64 should be a no brainer imo
Since this is our first event that we host we dont wanna risk anything by including stages we dont really know much about.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lets go :smash:

I still think vyQ or Slice would be another nice representative of Austria and of characters not seen that much (Villager / Yoshi), although I'm not sure who everyone is maining here...

Heru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Herufin
Unfortunately I have to drop out from this because I realized that I don't want to put the required time into Smash anymore. I'll sell my Wii U etc really soon and I can't enter because of that.

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
Update: vyQ from Austria is now part of our tournament! With past wins against players such as Sodrek and cyve, his Villager is not to be underestimated!

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
Update: Our final participants include kaak (NL), Loota (FIN) and Chiiiii (NOR)! Each pose a threat in their respective country!
This concludes our lineup, make sure to tune in tomorrow!
Also, our final bracket will be posted later today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom