• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Pivot B-Reverse Donkey Punch

Kaioxys

Smash Rookie
DP is amazing, but by using this technique I think it could be even more amazing.

Since both the wind up and the actual punch retain momentum in both 10 wind and less, you can gain more range from this move with the perfect pivot, but it's not that simple since you will face the wrong way. In order to fix this, you have to also b-reverse the DP while grounded, which can be done on the actual punch animation, although not on the wind-up.

The application I was thinking of is that by use of this technique, when you dilt someone and they trip, you can actually react with a perfect pivot b-reverse donkey punch, killing them at probably 45 if it was 9 wound.

Aside from all that it's nice to have some more range on the DP, allows you to punish more things. Jablocks may also be nicer to finish.

The problem is of course that this input is very demanding. But hey, for the dedicated player, I'm sure you'll master it eventually.

There may be many more applications and possibly some true combos or at least some serious mixup game involving this. I'll have to do more extensive testing when my fingers reach level 100.

Top Bottom