• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEOPLE: The "removed"ATs and Pokemon were lies.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
your an idiot burb
agreed, he clearly isn't getting it. Just because the video can no longer be found it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And who the hell concocted the story of her making a dragoon like item?

Burb, I can't make the counter-points any clearer. We don't have defective memories, you simply missed the video. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not going to bother searching for it. You simply aren't worth it.

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the advance war characters taken out and there's video proof of them? Of course that was a long time ago, and they had plenty of time to take that out if they wished.

Arteen

Smash Lord
it's very interesting that you bring this up. While very possible to generate a 'false memory' it is usually only an image or short series. In this case we have many people reporting a 3-5 minute video all which had the same or similar event occurring. The more common form of this is a 'modified memory' which can be altered by certain events in ones life or other memories. The fact that so many people are recalling the same thing makes this hypothesis rather unlikely. I'm very glad to see your head is in the right place and thinking the way people should think. :) I won't put this possibility out of mind yet though, it's certainly possible a form of this phenomenon did occur.
My thinking is that there was some video with, let's say, Gardevoir instead of Rosalina. These videos are fuzzy and hard to make out, so the mistake is understandable. Now, one person says that they see Rosalina in the video, so others see it, expect to see Rosalina, and do see her, even though it's actually not her.

It reminds me of a thread here where there was "video proof" that Geno was an AT. Lots of people were absolutely certain that it was Geno, but it turned out to be something else. The video was just too blurry for the identity of the AT to be obvious. People wanted to see Geno in the video, so that's what they saw, even though they were mistaken.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
speaking of which, would you mind either posting the 27 ATs or posting a link to the thread for it?
* Andross
* Devil
* Dr. Wright
* Excitebike
* Gray Fox
* Hammer Bro.
* Helirin
* Jeff
* Jill & Drill Dozer
* Kat & Ana
* Knuckle Joe
* Lakitu
* Little Mac
* Lyn
* Metroid
* Nintendog
* Mr. Resetti
* Saki Amamiya
* Samurai Goroh
* Stafy
* Tingle
* Waluigi
* Barbara the Bat
* Infantry (advanced wars)
* Isaac
* Ray MK II
* Shadow the Hedgehog

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Regardless of why Rosalina would have "been removed," there is no proof she was ever an AT.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
This is like saying if i killed you, got rid of all evidence of your body, are you still alive since no one knows your dead(you moved away and there is a machine that sends stuff and answers phones and stuff.)
...Explain better please?

Find the video, if you're all so sure that you saw Rosalina. Anybody? Anybody at all want to try?

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
People thought you could get Sonic and Tails in melee for years after its release. You can't keep believing rumors, people :dizzy:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So Sothe, Rosalina, Shadow, Duster, and all of them were just removed for some reason? Why?
Uhhh Shadow is still an assist trophy... THe others were not removed, they were not seen.

Actually, I think Sothe IS an assist trophy, but the others, no.

I would have liked to see regigigas as a pokeball, but it was not to be =(

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I never saw the video, and since so many people did see it, could anyone post a link?

Not that i'm saying i don't believe it, but aside from eye-witness accounts, there's no evidence that Rosalina was ever in the game, so i'd like to see it for myself.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
I agree... makes no sense to draw an assist trophy, make the model, textures, program it and delete it, unless the character's company ask to remove him (which I doubt 'cause smash is a great franchise).
A game development team have to think in everything before start producing, so, if the character can't make into the game, they won't waste time in his creation. It's obvious.
This reminds me of how when Gardevoir was revealed as a pokeball pokemon, someone at this forum said "Yeah, but things change between demo and final game. Nintendo still might make her a REAL character!

And besides, Barrier making? That's something Mr Mime or Bronzong would do."

I bet his tears were delicious.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
This is what I find the strangest.

A lot of people did see Rosalina as an AT in a video. An AT broke, and Rosalina came out. However, it has yet to be found. It also doesn't really help that the title of the YouTube video didn't have "Rosalina" in it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
your an idiot burb
^ No, you and all the other morons who think Rosalina is an Assist Trophy are idiots. Actually, you are more than idiots. You are complete and total *******.

agreed, he clearly isn't getting it. Just because the video can no longer be found it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And who the hell concocted the story of her making a dragoon like item?

Burb, I can't make the counter-points any clearer. We don't have defective memories, you simply missed the video. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not going to bother searching for it. You simply aren't worth it.
^ You aren't going to find the video, because you can't. You are afraid of another Duster incident happening. You know that if you find the video, "Rosalina" will end up being Gardevoir. You are afraid of being made to look like a bigger moron than I am making you look like.

Uhhh Shadow is still an assist trophy... THe others were not removed, they were not seen.

Actually, I think Sothe IS an assist trophy, but the others, no.

I would have liked to see regigigas as a pokeball, but it was not to be =(
^ Sothe is not an Assist Trophy. The description given about him is that he flips and slashes people.....which is ironically the same as what Saki does....and Saki resembles him somewhat. It was Saki people saw, not Sothe.

This is what I find the strangest.

A lot of people did see Rosalina as an AT in a video. An AT broke, and Rosalina came out. However, it has yet to be found. It also doesn't really help that the title of the YouTube video didn't have "Rosalina" in it.
^ Nobody saw Rosalina as an AT. It was a case of people seeing what they want to see. The same as people seeing Geno or Bowser Jr instead of Knuckle Joe, Sothe instead of Saki, and Duster instead of Barbara Bat. Rosalina is not, and was never in the game.

•Col•

Smash Champion
^ Sothe is not an Assist Trophy. The description given about him is that he flips and slashes people.....which is ironically the same as what Saki does....and Saki resembles him somewhat. It was Saki people saw, not Sothe.
Sothe wasn't supposed to slash people at all. A lot of people were upset about him NOT having his knife. He only kicks people or something... And he was supposed to shout something about fighting for Ike... Plus, Saki shoots people first... Last I checked, Sothe didn't have a gun.

Oh and Saki does resemble Sothe somewhat... If you're color blind, have an eye infection, put a hand over one eye, and squint at them. Seriously. Marth and Ike look more similar than Saki and Sothe...

Who could confuse
with
?

People didn't confuse Saki for Sothe... Whoever reported about him must have been lying... Either that or Sothe really was in the game. -_-

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Sothe was not in the game. Never. The reporters were lying. Such is the case with Rosalina as well.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
ok Burb there is no reason to insult everyone.
I would not have thrown insults around if that one guy didnt call me an "idiot". It was the Rosalina believers who started insulting. I was actually arguing in an intelligent manner prior to that.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't see why Burb is getting so overly protective. LOL it's actually pretty funny.
I'm getting "overly protective" of Rosalina not being in? That makes no sense at all.

It's not my fault that I am right and the others are wrong. It's something, however, that we all must accept.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
^ You aren't going to find the video, because you can't. You are afraid of another Duster incident happening. You know that if you find the video, "Rosalina" will end up being Gardevoir. You are afraid of being made to look like a bigger moron than I am making you look like.
You should have read my posts that followed that one...I mentioned that even if it wasn't taken down i would not search for the video because it's not that important to me. And Gardevoir makes a barrier, the video that I saw included her and one of those little star fellows (there was no barrier involved as far as I could tell). I actually don't recall starbits being fired, but I could certainly be wrong. Why are you under the impression that you're making me look like any form of moron?

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
The rosalina thing would be more beleivable if the people who saw this video could agree what she did

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
It's not my fault that I am right and the others are wrong. It's something, however, that we all must accept.
Ok with that comment, this thread needs to be closed. Burb needs time to reflect on his immaturity. You made yourself sound like a spoiled brat in only two sentences. Go get a dictionary and look up the word 'possible'. Once you've read its definition, remember that EVERYTHING is possible to a degree and having a closed mind in todays world will be your own undoing. Please keep in mind that as someone who neither owns nor created the game, you are in no position to decide what is right or wrong in this 'removed AT' case.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
The rosalina thing would be more beleivable if the people who saw this video could agree what she did
that is certainly true. I wish i had considered it enough a surprise to really take in what she did. Since Galaxy was the last (and only) game i had played on the Wii before seeing that video, I really considered her appearance quite likely, and didn't tune in as much when she turned up.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wasn't there a black charizard also supposedly confirmed at Whobby? I'm pretty sure I saw a video of THAT.
I was just about to point that out.

That was in a friggin mag scan as well.

And people here, with first hand impressions of brawl and whobby, comfirmed Black Char AND Black Squirt along with some retro B&W PT where the pokemon's colors looked more retro.

I hope it is in the US version. . . but I don't see that happening.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
While I don't like Burb's attitude, I agree with him. These assist trophies people claim to have seen do not exist.

Top Bottom