• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People on 1 vs 1 purposely lagging. 3ds

Lavetz

Smash Rookie
So first, I'm aware there is most likely already a forum thread similar to or identical to this one but I feel there is a genuine need to ask this since when I tried searching for it this specific topic had never showed up.

Recently (as in during this month exclusively) when ever I go to play 1 vs 1 on For Glory mode, I keep ending up against people with the lowest amounts of lag I've ever seen so I play a round or two against them following my usual rule of 4 out of 7 because I am never able to tell if some one is being serious or not with just the first or second game.

Well unfortunately for me things have been very stressful due to the fact that during the third game (if it ever gets to a third) suddenly when ever I have gotten into an advantageous situation there is a lot of lag and it makes it harder for me to time my hits right but easier for the person I'm against to use their shield or side step, air dodge (etc etc...) yet when ever they reach an advantageous situation there is suddenly no lag what so ever.

It is extremely sketchy to me but I have no way to send in proof of this sort of thing due to my capture card being broken. So I thought it best to ask and see if any one else has had this happen to them lately to find out if I should perhaps stay off of For Glory. At least for the time being.

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I never had that problem of people purposely lagging or using a lag switch. In all honesty, it is pretty stupid to use one to win an online match. A lot of people on 3DS have bad connections, more than people on the WiiU. I have had it where the connection is fine at first then a large lag spike hits then goes to normal. That, or there is a lot of lag still present after the first spike and I want to leave immediately. I wouldn't say it is intentional, but more so timing of the connection wavers with the change of the match. It could also be the stage itself. If it happens a lot, where the connection becomes terrible when you are doing something then you get punished and consistently with one person, then there's a chance they're using a lag switch.

Last edited:

Lavetz

Smash Rookie
A lag switch, yes I suppose I should have considered the chance that is what is happening. I'll need to run some tests on my router to make sure it is not just the signal wavering causing the lag, thank you for your feed back on this KirinKQP it gave me some good insight as to what might be happening to cause all the lag i've dealt with lately.

Top Bottom