• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pentakill 3! 7/12/14 Poinciana, FL

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Likewise!

I look forward to... Losing. Alot...

BUT LEARNING IS HALF THE BATTLE
You have to go into every match with with a positive mind set. "I can win" should always be in your mind. It will gradually improve your success rate =o

Play a LOT of friendlies against different people and learn their habits. It helps a lot.
You've got this, my friend!

By the way everyone; exhibition matches would be amazing on the stream.

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
You have to go into every match with with a positive mind set. "I can win" should always be in your mind. It will gradually improve your success rate =o

Play a LOT of friendlies against different people and learn their habits. It helps a lot.
You've got this, my friend!

By the way everyone; exhibition matches would be amazing on the stream.
Out of curiosity, what does an exhibition matvh entail? Sorry, still new to this...

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
if you vs me in my first round of losers you'll beat me. my pattern is usually win 1 lose next in winners then lose 1st in losers.
PSH, ****ING MONEY MATCH WHO CAN SD HARDER, I'LL LOSE TO YOU SO HARD, SWEAR ON ME MUM M8. STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Wispy said:
Out of curiosity, what does an exhibition match entail?
Its kind of like a money match except no money involved. More serious then a friendlies match though. Some exhibition matches are done with the players using their low tier so stream viewers can watch matchups that, for the most part, don't happen in tourney.

Hope this helps.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Was the spreadsheet ever made listing what were everyone was bringing? Or shall I make one myself?

...I'm obviously the best at English...

Last edited:

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ WispBae WispBae : I don't think so.

Do we have enough PM set ups? I can bring an SD card if it's needed.

Also, unfortunately, I don't know if Gilgamesh or Atlas will be making it to this one. If not, then I've lost my doubles partner x.x

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
@ WispBae WispBae : I don't think so.

Do we have enough PM set ups? I can bring an SD card if it's needed.

Also, unfortunately, I don't know if Gilgamesh or Atlas will be making it to this one. If not, then I've lost my doubles partner x.x
dude, I'll go dubs with ya (I'm great at dragging others down!)

Pikachu and Charizard? Team OG 151

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Once I finish adding this music to PM, I'll make a quick sheet. Was thinking probably in Google Docs...

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
I can bring a setup for brawl or pm with an hd tv with hd cables. I can also bring the regular cables if there is an extra crt that people would prefer.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
By any chance does anyone know if the venue has showers? I saw the pool, but wasn't able to walk around a bit more. Would be nice to swim a bit before the tourney, enjoy the heat before our daily superstorms out of nowhere. Just would prefer to wash up before we begin though.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ WispBae WispBae : Every time I go to the venue, I don't wander towards the other side of it so I'm not sure what's over there. There's a pool shower though.
The pool is available for use as well.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Guys I haven't been looking at this, sorry. The job hunt has been killing me and i Start at target tommorrow ;-;

If you wanna put in a spread sheet that I should use, proper procedure would be to private message me so I don't have I sort through the thread messages. XP
If you're doing it for the sale of doing it, proceed

There is a pool and pool shower but there is no shower. Just bring a towel and some deo.

I may not enter but I'll play everyone in pm

#moneystruggles

If we have enough setups I will try to get one melee setup going of friendlies

Last edited:

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
How will the draft work? Everyone votes on the players or pick players based on tourney results?

Edit: What is the stagelist for PM. May I make a suggestion on it?

Use the Apex 2014 rules and stagelist with Metal Cavern, Dracula's Castle, and Norfair added as counterpicks
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes these stages. I think of Drac's as a neutral, but solid choices nonetheless. Also, why isn't Kongo allowed at tournaments? Seems like a good counterpick to me...

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Here is a Google Doc, if ya guys wanna fill this out, the sooner we have this planned out the better.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aGBiUnptcknLt_8SPCf74fk_kKzSM7A5uJ_6CNzChOY/edit?usp=sharing
Hey, can I make a contribution to the spreadsheet? I'm probably gonna bring a setup for this so that I can help the tourney run smoothly as well as joining Brawl for free for the lulz. I don't play Brawl, so I'm just going to see how far I can get with MK. However, I don't have the proper TV in possession yet. I found an offer on Craigslist, though, for a 27 inch one. I'll get back to you guys with the results.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
We still on for this correct? No sudden changes? Would really hate drive all the way to Poinciana for a no show.

jeck95

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3840-5508-5042
Is there any one in poinciana that can house Gainesville this weekend? We have five people.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
How will the draft work? Everyone votes on the players or pick players based on tourney results?

Edit: What is the stagelist for PM. May I make a suggestion on it?

Use the Apex 2014 rules and stagelist with Metal Cavern, Dracula's Castle, and Norfair added as counterpicks
Damn, I haven't touched base here for a month- so basically:

If it is 5 on 5, the host puts 10 tickets numbered 1-10 and we pick numbers from a hat, alternating on each crew. It's self explanatory- there are no clones and it's solely based on how many stocks are left between the teams.

Each crew starts with 30 stocks so each player gets to play two matches (this can change at the host's discretion). The crew who has the most stocks in the end wins.

I think it'd be fun to test that out.

Other fun options:
- Each crew can ban 2 characters for a total of 4.
- 2 players from each crew can participate in doubles matches.
- Items set to low and ANY stage goes for maximum fun

Last edited:
Top Bottom