• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pentakill 3! 7/12/14 Poinciana, FL

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
If crew battles ever happen, I bet Momentum Shift will be there for sure. Right, MS?

@Sethu
Would you be bringing ChoZoX along by any chance? I would love to have a match against him again.

Also, the last Pentakill had tvs just sitting there not even being used. P.I.E., I have a suggestion to remedy that. Make a section of the thread saying who is just bringing a Wii and who is just bringing a tv. They would be able to post it here or text you and tell you.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
I like the tv idea, however many people fail to use online interactive tools that t/o's set out for them.

I'm going to implement it anyway. And I'll make a huge excel sheet for pre-registration, or at least try. Then people registering can tell me ahead of time whether they're bringing a tv, wii, or full setup, and we can have a smaller window for in-person registration, and cut down on time.

More time = more events/friendlies

D

Deleted member

@ Zach777 Zach777
Unfortunately, I played Chozox yesterday and he said he doesn't play/like Brawl anymore. He only does Smash 64 competitively now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
is this thread going to be used for the next one in July or is there already another thread?

Last edited:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
I can bring my Wii with HD cables with the TV i brought to the last one i went too if it's ok.
but i would need to hook up my livestream stuff to another set up because my capture device I'm getting doesn't have the stuff for HD cables.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I may be able to come if this is indeed happening on the 12th, hopefully don't have work hat day.

I could bring Brawl and an SD card with P:M, but other than that, no set up. Unless we wanted some casual Mario Kart 8, in which case I could bring the WiiU and an HDTV...

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to come if this is indeed happening on the 12th, hopefully don't have work hat day.

I could bring Brawl and an SD card with P:M, but other than that, no set up. Unless we wanted some casual Mario Kart 8, in which case I could bring the WiiU and an HDTV...
Uhm Mario kart 8 is never casuals how dare you..... Please bring it so I can bop everyone it lol

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
I like the tv idea, however many people fail to use online interactive tools that t/o's set out for them.

I'm going to implement it anyway. And I'll make a huge excel sheet for pre-registration, or at least try. Then people registering can tell me ahead of time whether they're bringing a tv, wii, or full setup, and we can have a smaller window for in-person registration, and cut down on time.

More time = more events/friendlies
Is the spread sheet gonna be up for this tourney or the next one?

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Hey guys just heard about this today. I'm the lead streamer for Gator Gaming, University of Florida's sponsored gaming organization. Just wondering, do you guys have anyone that can stream this? I wouldn't mind doing it if there isn't anyone else doing it.

In terms of equipment, I have...

-My streaming laptop
-Acer Monitor for commentary
-ASUS Monitor for lagless HDMI setup
-720p webcams (4 of them)
-elgato capture device
-usb extenders (10 of them)
-powered 1 x 2 HDMI splitter
-USB hubs (2 of them, 4 ports each)
-USB mics (2 of them)
-3 x 1 composite switch (female to female)
-1 x 2 composite splitter (male to female)
-Wii w/ PM setup

The only limitation I have is that I don't have the correct composite splitter needed for CRT. I either need two male to male composite cables, or one female to male splitter (1 x 2). Otherwise, the stream will have to run off of the ASUS monitor I have which has two milliseconds of delay (16.67 milliseconds = 1 frame delay). I've used it for smash fests and players haven't had a problem with it, but every now and then we'll get a player that doesn't want to touch it because it isn't a CRT. Anyways, sorry for the rant. If you guys are down, then so am I.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys just heard about this today. I'm the lead streamer for Gator Gaming, University of Florida's sponsored gaming organization. Just wondering, do you guys have anyone that can stream this? I wouldn't mind doing it if there isn't anyone else doing it.

In terms of equipment, I have...

-My streaming laptop
-Acer Monitor for commentary
-ASUS Monitor for lagless HDMI setup
-720p webcams (4 of them)
-elgato capture device
-usb extenders (10 of them)
-powered 1 x 2 HDMI splitter
-USB hubs (2 of them, 4 ports each)
-USB mics (2 of them)
-3 x 1 composite switch (female to female)
-1 x 2 composite splitter (male to female)
-Wii w/ PM setup

The only limitation I have is that I don't have the correct composite splitter needed for CRT. I either need two male to male composite cables, or one female to male splitter (1 x 2). Otherwise, the stream will have to run off of the ASUS monitor I have which has two milliseconds of delay (16.67 milliseconds = 1 frame delay). I've used it for smash fests and players haven't had a problem with it, but every now and then we'll get a player that doesn't want to touch it because it isn't a CRT. Anyways, sorry for the rant. If you guys are down, then so am I.
yes!!!!!! we would love this actually myself and P.I.E have been wanting to stream our tournaments an smashfest when we have them definitely yes I may have what u need for CRT I'll have to check but please bring your equipment I was actually in the process of setting up a twitch channel so this is a good coincidence so yes please please please do bring your equipment

so youll be coming to both the smashfest an the tournament?? *crosses fingers* lol

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
It's official, I'm coming. Just got schedule from work, so I'm good to go. Will be bringing...

-32in HDTV
-WIIU (w/Tablet and wiimote and various extensions).
-Brawl and an SD card w/PM.
-MK8.

Unfortunately, I cannot bring a crt, as my only one is way too heavy to lift on my own without a dolly or some friends.

Last edited:

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
When's the smashfest? The night before? If that's the case, I...uh...will definitely need housing. I'm not coming alone either. It'll be myself and 5 other people.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
@ Zach777 Zach777 i can bring my wii for your tv.
@ Domo-dono Domo-dono I can bring my stream equipment and you can use anything from it that you need.
Thanks a lot Din. I just got possession of a Dazzle and splitters myself, but if there is anything that will provide better quality, then that's cool too. I'll definitely take a peak at what you have.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
When's the smashfest? The night before? If that's the case, I...uh...will definitely need housing. I'm not coming alone either. It'll be myself and 5 other people.
The smash fest is tmrw the tournament is next week I posted a link to the fb event on an earlier post so if you come Thursday night I can house you when I get off work today or if you need housing tmrw thats also fine just let me know

https://www.facebook.com/events/1473017209608640/

Here's the event also

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
The smash fest is tmrw the tournament is next week I posted a link to the fb event on an earlier post so if you come Thursday night I can house you when I get off work today or if you need housing tmrw thats also fine just let me know

https://www.facebook.com/events/1473017209608640/

Here's the event also
Hmm... May come to this as well, just to practice. Though I'm pretty shy, and going to a stranger's just to play some Smash is a bit of a reach for me. XD

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Just come by I'm very friendly an so is the rest of poinciana we just like to play video games an get hype for no reason lol
When I used to live in Poinciana, I don't remember it being a nice place XD But I'll contemplate it...

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Cue my awkward arrival to the house too late... Sorry bout that, thought it was till 9pm...

Out of curiosity, since I'm bringing an MK8 set up, does that mean my venue fee is waved? Or only for Smash?

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Sorry I couldn't make it out to the smashfest. I made the assumption that it was going to be the night before or something. I actually stay in Gainesville, so the commute will be two and a half hours. Question. The address on this page and the address on the facebook page do not match.

(1) 3151 Georgian Bay Lane, Kissimmee FL, 34759 [The one posted on this thread]
(2) 2900 Grasmere View Pkwy [The one posted on the facebook]

Which one is the correct one?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
The 1st on is. Georgian Bay Lane. Same venue as last time, I went to it last time so I know. The 2 is for the Smashfest, not the tourney.

Any chance your bringing Ryo_Guikedo?

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I couldn't make it out to the smashfest. I made the assumption that it was going to be the night before or something. I actually stay in Gainesville, so the commute will be two and a half hours. Question. The address on this page and the address on the facebook page do not match.

(1) 3151 Georgian Bay Lane, Kissimmee FL, 34759 [The one posted on this thread]
(2) 2900 Grasmere View Pkwy [The one posted on the facebook]

Which one is the correct one?
The first one is the venue the second one is my house lol the venue is a clubhouse in the development I live in so I live like 2 minutes from it xD

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I'd just like to throw in the fact that I'll be attending this. I'm pretty sure a good amount of the MS crew is coming too.
I'm also noticing new names on this thread. It's exciting! And the stream sounds like it might turn out impressive as well.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I'd just like to throw in the fact that I'll be attending this. I'm pretty sure a good amount of the MS crew is coming too.
I'm also noticing new names on this thread. It's exciting! And the stream sounds like it might turn out impressive as well.
New name hype! Who are the new names?

Top Bottom