• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola (FL) Melee Player Finder & Social Thread

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I'm not working today, and if people want to drive out to Holt, I'll host a fest at my place for as long as people are willing to stay. I've got a friend from Tallahassee coming over to play, so we'll be going for a while. Feel free to text me if you want to come over, I'll post some directions.

@ Gいたん Gいたん yeah, I've had some personal stuff get in the way of me playing and socializing for the past few weeks, but I've got it all sorted out now. I'll be able to play when I'm not at work pretty much anytime, so just feel free to contact me when anyone wants to play.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I want to get involved in the local scene (streaming events, hosting tourneys, playing), and need to know who plays in the area! I know there is a Brawl scene, so there should be some Melee as well! I live on the UWF campus, so I'm not too far from anywhere.

EDIT: The thread has taken off quite a bit since I initially made it, and we've got a good number of people interested in playing a lot of the time! I'll be updating this post with their names and phone numbers so we all have easy access to each other's contact info if anyone wants to play.

Jon (CosmoNaught) - 850-217-6311
MrTea - 1-832-859-8577
Mankosuki - 850-341-3226
go ahead and add me to the number roster (334-327-9412)

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I pretty much got a confirmation that the fundraiser tournament is happening, the club sponsor just needs to talk to a school staff member about how it would work outside of school and where.
I told her that I'd probably be able to get a lot of people to come and play if I organized, and she said I would be able to. @ Zone Zone is most likely going to have to help me, because I would want to make this a pretty hype , well organized and successful turnout. Maybe we could get @ CosmoNaughtilus CosmoNaughtilus to stream for us?

Still lots of information missing, but that's what's going on with it so far if anyone wanted to know.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I'll need info, like date and time and stuff, but I can stream it easy, as long as I'm not at work.
Yeah, it'd probably be a coming weekend (2-3 weeks). I'll fill you in more when I know and am not getting bits and pieces of information, lol.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Yeah, it'd probably be a coming weekend (2-3 weeks). I'll fill you in more when I know and am not getting bits and pieces of information, lol.
hopefully you get the information soon, Cake orders happen rather quickly, so I'd need to know well in advance if I'll be able to go

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
hopefully you get the information soon, Cake orders happen rather quickly, so I'd need to know well in advance if I'll be able to go
well would you be available for a smashfest next week in between weds - sat? (Since it's spring break) i'm intending on having one.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I pretty much got a confirmation that the fundraiser tournament is happening, the club sponsor just needs to talk to a school staff member about how it would work outside of school and where.
I told her that I'd probably be able to get a lot of people to come and play if I organized, and she said I would be able to. @ Zone Zone is most likely going to have to help me, because I would want to make this a pretty hype , well organized and successful turnout. Maybe we could get @ CosmoNaughtilus CosmoNaughtilus to stream for us?

Still lots of information missing, but that's what's going on with it so far if anyone wanted to know.
When you say fundraiser tournament, what money goes where? Have you guys decided that kind of stuff? I'm just curious.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
When you say fundraiser tournament, what money goes where? Have you guys decided that kind of stuff? I'm just curious.
I let the sponsor know that people will most likely be a lot more interested with prize money combined from the event entry fees involved , and the sponsor said there could be prize money (Will most likely be 1st 60%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10%) if all is okay with the staff member the sponsor still needs to contact. The other money they would receive as profit, (Maybe a small fee to get in to play, but is still undecided as of now) would go towards the club and their activities, and whatever other things the club donates to.

The sponsor is probably talking to the staff member about the possibility of getting somewhere to play at and if it being a club-hosted event would change/limit things. It shouldn't , but there is a possibility of things not going as she planned them too. This week is the "test" tournament at the school for students only, and then Next week is spring break for us. I should have more information the week after my spring break or a little longer, so until then this will probably be the last you guys hear about this whole thing. I don't want to make it sound like this thing turning out well is a promise, is all.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
well would you be available for a smashfest next week in between weds - sat? (Since it's spring break) i'm intending on having one.
We've got quite a lot of cakes next weekend because it's spring break, but given the role I have in them, I might be able to get it done beforehand. there might be a chance that I might be likely to come early, would you guys mind the chance of me staying a night?

Zone

Smash Champion
Get this data:

Where
When
How long? Day schedule.
Multiple tournaments? Teams ect.

Door fee: [fundraiser]
Entry fee [winnings]

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
even if it was just Melee, I'd take part, I'd just bring my own setup and be content with PM friendlies :smash:

besides, I've been getting some idea on what to do as Link, but given I've only got computers to practice against, it'd be nice to have some real opponents. given how different Link's played, I admit it's throwing my PM game off balance quite a bit. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
even if it was just Melee, I'd take part, I'd just bring my own setup and be content with PM friendlies :smash:

besides, I've been getting some idea on what to do as Link, but given I've only got computers to practice against, it'd be nice to have some real opponents. given how different Link's played, I admit it's throwing my PM game off balance quite a bit. :ohwell:
How so?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
nice to see Mobile doing monthlies, being only an hour away I imagine Pensacola can go for most of them. I personally won't be at this first one though as I'll be at PAX East at the time.

For EVO, Rice is afraid of flying so that option is out for him. Tell us more about this road trip idea Cosmo ;)

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
primarily in how vastly different I have to process... my main characters in PM are predominantly close range with some midrange options (Pit and Charizard especially, uncertain about ZSS, though). the Link I seem to be more focused on projectiles first before taking risks with fighting up close. that's two completely different mindsets, and it throws me off because my mains in PM don't have as many reliable options from a distance... I could said the same about the other way around, though, as I can't feel comfortable with anyone who's better up close in Melee.

Last edited:

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Well, Kyle and Jordan (who you guys met at Zone and Demonic's last fest that I attended) and my friend Paul from Tallahassee are all planning on road tripping out to Vegas for EVO. We'll likely be gone for 5 days or so, giving us time to drive up there a day, spend 3 days in Vegas, and then spend another day driving back. I'll post more details here as we come up with stuff, but I'm sure we can get more people into our 4-person room in Vegas, so we'd just need more vehicle space.

AKB19

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. My name is AKB. I'm glitches friend, and he asked me to join. I've only been playing for about a month, so im hoping to learn a lot.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Hey guys. My name is AKB. I'm glitches friend, and he asked me to join. I've only been playing for about a month, so im hoping to learn a lot.
Nice to meet ya ;)
you know what they say: "the more, the merrier." no doubt we can all learn something through experience... I'm still a bit of an amateur myself >_<;

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
ScrubFest 2014 (School Tourney) Results:
Melee Singles bracket.png
I basically ran the entire thing, (called out the matches, and set up everything, etc) and it was annoying because that dude who had the bad ruleset was trying to butt in the whole time to change rules and throw in stuff that "Had been to every tournament he'd ever been too."
Stuff like you not being able to change your character after you had chosen them for your very first match, or that there were always two brackets and the winner of each bracket fought eachother for grand finals , single elimination.
I was like "dude what the hell are you talking about its like this" and I just got told "i dont know what kind of **** tournaments you go too" and i just laughed

I ended up fighting him in Grand Finals (he got to GF quick because the people he had to fight in losers left early) and he actually kept his word and tried to Pk Flash and PK thunder 2 me as Ness.

He INSISTS on allowing more stages at the out of school tournament and that its not fun if we can only play 6 stages, and that no one will want to enter. I can't tell you How many times I heard "TOURNEYFAG RULES SUCK". He's probably going to try to pull something and make it to where there's separate divisions for people who want Regular tourney rules and people who want his rules, and make everything complicated. He's not REALLY that bad of a guy or anything, he's just acting way to much like a know it all about all this
either way it was still sort of entertaining , lol. @ A AKB19 was here with me and would most likely would have won 2nd if he didn't have to fight on Venom.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
you aught to just drag the guy to a real tourney and dare him to state his opinion without getting his butt whupped. lock the door and leave no way out for extra measure... and maybe have someone sandbag and claim that they suck, bait a money match...

seriously, the guy sounds like a sore loser, I dunno why he thinks he can hold his own tourney without respecting the popular house rules.

in the meantime, did you scope out anyone ambitious in the tourney?

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
you aught to just drag the guy to a real tourney and dare him to state his opinion without getting his butt whupped. lock the door and leave no way out for extra measure... and maybe have someone sandbag and claim that they suck, bait a money match...

seriously, the guy sounds like a sore loser, I dunno why he thinks he can hold his own tourney without respecting the popular house rules.

in the meantime, did you scope out anyone ambitious in the tourney?
He said that he wanted the info on the mobile monthlies, lol, so he'd get his fair share of that if he went

And other than ABK who I've already been playing with, nah. Nobody was interested that deeply.

Zone

Smash Champion
man... I'm going to go there.

If he has gay stages unlocked. I'm going to pick fox, go to hyrule. Shoot 1 lazer, and camp for 8 minutes.

Or take wave-shineable people to flatzone or yoshi(pipes) and waveshine them off the stage.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
man... I'm going to go there.

If he has gay stages unlocked. I'm going to pick fox, go to hyrule. Shoot 1 lazer, and camp for 8 minutes.

Or take wave-shineable people to flatzone or yoshi(pipes) and waveshine them off the stage.
lmfao
please do
this kid really needs to be shown he has no idea what he's talking about
he also said that "i've been playing the game since it came out ( he would have been 4 at the time) and i have a group of hardcore friends who I told about your Apex rules idea and they said that it sucked and it would be stupid if we were only allowed to play on 6 stages"
this kid man, sometimes he's okay but when it comes to smash THIS KID

Last edited:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm going to pick fox, go to hyrule. Shoot 1 lazer, and camp for 8 minutes.
You think he'd call a winner based on percent? You'd definitely be playing out the sudden death.

*edit* I'll probably try to stop by on my lunch break today around 11am

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
Dude Derrick should come too, Pikachu's back throw on Flatzone? Broken dude.

Instant kill almost anywhere. Pikachu rolls like 1/2 the stage before even throwing them haha.

Top Bottom