• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Wavedash

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
I have been playing Project M for only a week but so far I've been able to get into the competitive "Melee" scene pretty quickly and have learned most techs pretty fast. Peach's wavedash though I can't see the use for. Besides edge hogging and wavedashing onto platforms to reduce landing lag, is there any reason to use her pathetically short wavedash? I can imagine using it for a FC aerial but it doesn't seem very effective.

Dad?!?

Smash Rookie
For one thing, it's faster to wavedash out of shield than to drop shield; although, instant double jump cancel may be technically even faster. Also, even a small wavedash can mess up an opponent trying to space precisely--wavedash back->d-tilt can be quite good in that situation.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
platform mobility is very dependent on wavelanding, so thats a big use for it as well.

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Wavedash oos to punish, FC Fair then wavedash back and punish your opponent if they try to hit you. So technically besides edgehogging and reducing landing lag, you have something that can make you win games...

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I'm a melee peach veteran, and I've been bugged by this : Is PM Peach's wavedash longer ? Cause it sure as hell looks like it to me.

Top Bottom