• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Stage Thread - Battlefield

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow Peach players!

I noticed there wasn't a thread for this yet, so I want to open up a discussion about good stages for Peach against which characters etc etc.

For the discussion, I want to talk about blast zones, stage hazards, counterpicks, bans, and Peach's performance on the stage. Most of this will be drawn from your our personal experiences, so feel free to share. If it works, it works.

To give you and idea of what this will look like, I'm going to use the format that we used in the old SSBB stage thread.

.:Stage:.
Horizontal Blast Zones: Wide.
Vertical Blast Zone: Tall.
(Refer to this thread for blast zone data http://smashboards.com/threads/wii-u-stage-blast-zone-data.395357/)

Stage Hazards: Guns go pew pew.

HIGHLY recommended counterpick against:
Recommended counterpick against:
Might have an advantage here against:
Might have problems here against:
Possible ban against:
MUST BAN against:

(If a character isn't here, then assume it's even or close to even.)
Reliability Rating: x/100

Notes: Misc.
Strategies: Peach gots tricksies here.

Rules are standard. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, do not berate others, give reasons for your claims, don't be shy, keep it classy.

===============================================================================

Lets start with everyone's favourite stage.

SMASHVILLE

Horizontal Blast Zones: Average
Vertical Blast Zone: Average
Stage Hazards: Moving platform can lead to early gimp if off stage. Stage walls allow for stage spiking.

Might have problems here against::4sheik::4ness:
Possible ban against:
MUST BAN against:
Reliability Rating: 95/100

Notes: -Well-balanced stage. The go-to for the a fair and even match.
Strategies: -Landing on the platform allows you to liberally use your float and jump to recover since you'll regain your recovery options once you land on it.
-U-smash may be able to poke through the platform, but at the dead center. May be impractical.

===============================================================================

BATTLEFIELD

Horizontal Blast Zones: Tall. Second only to Castle Seige: Form 2.
Vertical Blast Zone: Widest of legal stages.

Stage Hazards: Lip of the stages EXTREMELY thin. Allows for any move to poke through. Stage walls allow for stage spiking.
Might have problems here against:
Possible ban against:
MUST BAN against:

Reliability Rating: x/100

Notes:

Strategies:

Last edited:

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Horizontal Blast Zones: Average
Vertical Blast Zone: Average
Stage Hazards: Walls of the stage allow for stage spiking, so be wary of wall teching. Also need to be careful landing on the platform off stage as it might allow for a early gimp.

Possible ban against:
The first character that comes to mind is Sheik. If the platform were in the right spot, she can potentially get an easy kill by hitting you with F-air strings on to the platform, then off screen for a kill. I don't like the idea of giving Sheik ANY kill potential.

Reliability Rating: 95/100

Strategies: Peach's U-smash CAN poke through the platform. But I believe it's only at the very center (the top of the triangle) of her hitbox. I haven't tested whether this is a sweet spot, but I'm assuming that it is.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
S'up Hammond. Ontario Boys showing up. =)

I've been told that Ness can 0-death most of the cast from a certain Fair string if the smashville platform is in the right place. I haven't actually seen it, but it's a possible ban against Ness.

I like smashville since it gives peach an extra option away from the ledge. I find that I tend not to jump, since Peach falls slow and I don't want to get caught up in the air, and people that pick up on that catch my ledge options pretty easy if I'm not patient enough, so I personally like it for that extra option.

Since the stage itself is quite small it could give peach less room to move around if you ever feel like running from an enemy, but on a character where peach tends to win neutral more its good to have a small stage to lock an enemy down on.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
don't pick this against :4sheik: ever but you'll usually be fine. stage is good for every character, and peach is no different. the extra platform gives you edgeguard options which is nice.

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
Honestly though, isn't picking Battlefield vs Shiek also a bad idea? Since she can do the same thing.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
I believe in terms of stage size, it's between FD and BF. Do you guys feel this helps against campy characters since it lessens the room for them to run away?

For me personally, I like the extra space. I prefer to keep a minimum distance away from my opponent, and pick my opportunities to close that distance.

That being said, having the platform moving back and forth really helps in slowing the pace of the game when I need to. Jumping off the ledge onto the platform to get back my jump and float if I used it for recovery... etc.

I can't think of any character that does exceptionally well against Peach BECAUSE of the stage.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Based on the responses, I'm going to assume that most people are done thinking about and/or talking about Smashville. Bottom line, it's the most balanced stage. When it comes to starters, it's a balance between both Battlefield and Final Destination, since are various points in time, it will act as either BF or FD.

Banning this against Sheik may be a good option as it gives an option for her to F-air string you to death if the platform is off stage.

Will keep an eye out for further suggestions, but we'll be moving on now.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
This is a must ban against a few characters. The ones that are most notable in my mind are Mario and Captain Falcon. Their U-air priority is ridiculous on this stage and, when combined with the platforms and her slow fall speed, makes it very difficult for Peach to return to neutral. Eat an U-air string, Mario returns below the platform and pressures with more U-airs, I dodge and land on a platform, he continues pressure, I try to land on he bottom, eat more U-air mixups, etc etc. Essentially what this means is that I have to make two attempts to get back to neutral.

A few good things are that Peach has a ball taking advantage of stage spiking.

The two lower platforms are in perfect position for a sweetspotted U-smash.

MiniSmasher

Smash Cadet
On the rare occasion that you're facing a Mewtwo, bring him to Battlefield if it's not banned. Get him between 13-25%, down-throw him on the top platform and immediately up-B in the direction you are already facing. Guaranteed kill in that percent range from the first hit of parasol. Not sure if this works on many other characters though. I've only tested it on a few. Mewtwo is the perfect combination of being light with a big hurtbox.

As for the actual stage, it helps her against campy characters that beat her neutral, however, ban battlefield if you're against a much faster rushdown character or one with fantastic up air strings like mentioned above. Against campy characters with lots of projectiles, the platforms allow you to escape them and give you more possible approach options and float Dair pressure, which Peach can otherwise struggle with. Against rushdown characters though, you need far more space to move around, especially to pull out turnips to fend off their approach and force a defensive option out of them. Battlefield helps whenever I fight Links, who I normally struggle with. I do much better on FD/Omega against characters like Falcon though.

The platforms and kind of low ceiling are nice for Peach, since she excels at killing off the top with U-air juggles and Up-B mix-ups. Most of my kills here come off the top and the platforms help a lot with that. The lower platforms also allow Peach to sweetspot up-smash if you can read a platform landing and allow for grounded up-air pressure beneath them.

Overall, the stage is neither good nor bad for Peach. I'd say it's heavily dependant on what character you're up against. If you need room to manoeuvre, ban it. If you're up against projectile heavy and campy characters, the platforms provide a much needed escape option.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield is my favourite stage as peach.

The platforms are not really something I rely on as peach jumps too slowly to really use them, but if I am up on one of the side platforms then I can use the situation to easily gain stage control with walk-off float dair. It sets up a shield poke for most characters. However if an opponent lands on the platform then I can uair them and cover a large portion of the platform.

As for the blastzones, I like it. Peach can make it back from almost anywhere and, since I am not going to be searching for kills off the top, the tall blastzone is only a good thing.

The stage feels quite compact, meaning that approaching is quite easy, but turnipping is slightly worse.

As for them camping the top platform. This never seemed to be an issue for me. Floating beneath the platform from a full hop, threatening the doublejump seemed to be enough to scare them off, allowing me to pressure the side platforms.

Also, my colourblindness doesn't affect me nearly as much as some other stages (omega pt and the animal crossing stages give me issues sometimes)

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I feel like peach is really good on Duck Hunt, Town and City, and Delfino Plaza. she can take advantage of the air and platforms. also there is a lot more room to move around safely in the air.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
I'm a fully aggressive Peach player, and I ban Battlefield & Halberd every single time. Battlefield is full of jank, and is easily the worst of the "neutral" stages. Peach dies so easily off the top there, and killing horizontally is almost impossible. Peach's Fair doesn't kill until like 200% with rage (exaggerating to make a point), and most of her kill moves in general are horizontal. Edge-guarding is pointless there because everyone can make it back easily, and the edges are janky af. Peach also needs a lot of room to move. Her movement options are the best in the game, and BF just kills that.

Halberd... low ceiling and stage hazards...

I used to obviously ban Lylat, but then I started to realize that no one ever picks that stage. So, I'm not going to waste my ban on it, until someone actually picks it.

I don't ever pick Delfino or Castle Seige because... once again... stage hazards. After my bans, people like to counter pick Delfino against me because they need stage hazards to win. They also always ban whatever neutral stages are left, besides BF, if they win (usually the Animal Crossing stages).

Final Destination is decent for Peach, usually match-up dependent.

Her best stages by far are Smashville, Town & City, and Duck Hunt. They're all decent sized stages with at least one platform, and no janky stage hazard bullcrap. DH can get a little weird sometimes with the dog and trees, but that stage is just too good for Peach. I don't believe I've ever lost there, at least not in singles.

Summary ranking:
Best: Duck Hunt
Good: T&C, Smashville
Average: FD
Bad: Castle Seige, Delfino
Worst: Halberd, BF, Lylat

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
I used to think bf was one of her best because of the high ceiling but I think it hurts her in the long run. Getting back on the stage is really hard because she is so slow from the edge. Her only other recover option is the top platform but you still have to get back down. Against someone like rosalina getting down is a huge problem.

I remember this one tourney set I had against a luigi. I was edge guarding him by floating low and fairing his sideb successfuly, but even after that hit he still made it back. Also bf hurts her kill option with the frying pan. The platforms can also block your turnip throws.

So yeah bf is not good in my opinion.

LuigimanTails

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3695-0022-3075
I'm a fully aggressive Peach player, and I ban Battlefield & Halberd every single time. Battlefield is full of jank, and is easily the worst of the "neutral" stages. Peach dies so easily off the top there, and killing horizontally is almost impossible. Peach's Fair doesn't kill until like 200% with rage (exaggerating to make a point), and most of her kill moves in general are horizontal. Edge-guarding is pointless there because everyone can make it back easily, and the edges are janky af. Peach also needs a lot of room to move. Her movement options are the best in the game, and BF just kills that.

Halberd... low ceiling and stage hazards...

I used to obviously ban Lylat, but then I started to realize that no one ever picks that stage. So, I'm not going to waste my ban on it, until someone actually picks it.

I don't ever pick Delfino or Castle Seige because... once again... stage hazards. After my bans, people like to counter pick Delfino against me because they need stage hazards to win. They also always ban whatever neutral stages are left, besides BF, if they win (usually the Animal Crossing stages).

Final Destination is decent for Peach, usually match-up dependent.

Her best stages by far are Smashville, Town & City, and Duck Hunt. They're all decent sized stages with at least one platform, and no janky stage hazard bullcrap. DH can get a little weird sometimes with the dog and trees, but that stage is just too good for Peach. I don't believe I've ever lost there, at least not in singles.

Summary ranking:
Best: Duck Hunt
Good: T&C, Smashville
Average: FD
Bad: Castle Seige, Delfino
Worst: Halberd, BF, Lylat
Thanks for sharing that, This is really good to know. I used peach in brawl for fun and competition, mostly for fun. Then in Smash 4, i decided to use her more seriously and now she is my main. Sorry to go off subject with the stage picks, but do you have any information to share on the worst/best character match ups for peach? Throughout my experience, i think that sheik, lucas, ZSS, cloud, and corrin are pretty bad match ups for peach.

Top Bottom