• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Doubles Court

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master

Peach Results

I will follow Dark.Pch's requirements with a little change.
- Cut and pasted all past results in my blog. Link can be found within the second post.
- Stricter rules: All rules below with under required MUST be within your results submission in the right format. If not; I'm not adding it until it is fixed.
- All tournaments must have at least 6 Teams. (5 is too low.)

Pharaoh.Dsy Kyon

:peach:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Team Videos

First of all, the video must be uploaded somewhere. If you need any videos uploaded please ask Twolink and I'm sure he will help you. Then post the link on this thread specifying WHO YOU PLAYED AGAINST and WHAT CHARACTER DID HE OR SHE USE. Specify everyone's names and characters. It saves up a lot of time when updating. If you have sets of tournament matches which would be great post all the links here, if your enemy counter picked, please specify when. Comments? Suggestions?
Post them here.

:peach:Peach's Loyal Partners

• :bowser2:Bowser
  • :falcon:Captain Falcon
  • :diddy:Diddy Kong
  • :dk2:Donkey Kong
  • :falco:Falco
  • :fox:Fox
  • :ganondorf:Ganondorf
  • :popo:Ice Climbers
  • :ike:Ike
  • :jigglypuff:Jigglypuff
  • :dedede:King Dedede
  • :kirby2:Kirby
  • :link2:Link
  • :lucario:Lucario
  • :lucas:Lucas
  • :luigi2:Luigi
  • :mario2:Mario
  • :marth:Marth
  • :gw:Mr. Game & Watch
  • :metaknight:Meta Knight
  • :ness2:Ness
  • :olimar:Olimar
  • :peach:Peach
  • :pikachu2:Pikachu
  • :pit:Pit
  • :pt:Pokémon Trainer
  • :rob:R.O.B.
  • :samus2:Samus
    • Illmatic1 2 3
  • :sheik:Sheik
  • :snake:Snake
  • :sonic:Sonic
  • :toonlink:Toon Link
  • :warioc:Wario
  • :wolf:Wolf
  • :yoshi:Yoshi
  • :zelda:Zelda
  • :zelda::shiek:Zelda/Sheik
  • :zerosuitsamus:Zero Suit Samus

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Character Thread Thoughts/Peach And Her Partner's In Detail *Strategies and Tricks*

Overview:
Peach has to be the supporting member of the team. Even though Peach has nice combos that an rack up damage quickly, you can't expect to rush in there and smash your opponents around until they die. Playing Peach requires thinking and spacing. You can't die, and you can't take damage. That's how you play Peach in doubles

Stock tanking:
Stock tanking is extremely important. Peach has to let her partner take over, while she stays back and stock tanks. Because you're partner is doing the work, they might die more than they should. If they die, and you haven't been stocktanking, then you're left all alone with one life left to fight the 2v1. If you have been doing a terrible job, then you'll die even before your partner. If you have been stocktanking, then when your partner is out, they can proceed to steal your life and resume the game. It's important to stock tank, because it makes the end game a lot easier.

Damaging:
It's important to do as much damage as you can while taking as little damage as you can. A good way to think is that for every % you take, you have to do twice that % to your opponent. If your partner is good at killing (Snake, D3, DK, Zelda, etc) then it isn't the end of the world if you use a couple of fairs or fsmashes for damaging. If your partner isn't too great at killing, however, then it's a good idea to save your killing moves. Comboing is your best way to damage your opponent, with dairs, uairs, nairs, etc. All your Singles tips can apply (jab, grab, etc). Turnips are also great, even if you often don't have the time to pull them out. Racking up damage is Peach's main job. A good thing is that doubles can be chaotic, so your moves might be easier to make contact with at least one of your opponents.

Killing:
Killing usually shouldn't be left for Peach, because partners often have better killing moves than her. Snake has utilt, D3 has utilt, MK has dsmash, etc. Peach usually shouldn't have the role of killing, but if either your partner is having trouble killing or if you just have to kill, then it is possible. Doubles can be chaotic, which means landing that killing move can be a little bit easier than in singles. I know I get a lot more usmashes in doubles than in singles. Fair, fsmash, usmash, nair, utilt, uair, bair, etc are all good killing moves. Just make sure you don't hit your partner :O

Support:
Playing the role of support requires....support. In doubles, you have to be watching all 4 people in the match. If your partner is ever in trouble, then you have to save them. If theyre getting CGed, then do whatever you can to get them out. If thy're getting comboed, then help them out. Always be wary of where your partner is, how they're doing, how much damage they have, how much damage their opponent has, etc. If their opponent has high percent, but your partner is having trouble killing them, then get in there and kill their opponent!

1v2:
If you're ever in a 1v2 (you're by yourself and both of your opponents are still alive), then you're in for a fight. I'm not too amazing at these, because I just end up using a ton of fairs and fsmashes to space, wasting my killing moves. Your best option is to focus on one opponent until they die. Take out the one who has higher percent. If they're around the same percent, then take out whoever would be more difficult in singles. Then, when they're dead, you can play the rest like singles.

2v1:
This can be really easy or really hard depending on your teamwork with your partner. The easiest way to approach this is for one of you to get a grab, and then infinite grab release until they're at killing percent. If not, then you can try comboing them with your partner with dairs, bairs, and nairs. If not, then you can just have Peach do as much damage as she can until she dies, then let her partner do the rest. It's a desparate option, but it works.
Most by LLOD
More will be added

I will ask questions from other Character Boards about what they think Peach can do for them as a partner. Roles they think she should play and Certain things she can do with there character from personal experience. I will be using a few things from Yaaay's thread and use it here. Which I'm grateful for. If anyone wants to add some info that you feel may be useful please write it and have some kind of headline about it. Thank you.

:ganondorf:-

:zelda:-
7 Crowns Out Of 10

Peach and Zelda are a team that hits real hard to people who know them, and hits even harder to those who don't know their annoying tricks. Like Riot said, both characters are limited by certain problems. Peach cant kill for crap, and Zelda has no way of really dealing with pressure and cant really reliably rack up damage. But this team, while isn't the best team in brawl, their problems just vaporize when Peach's pressure/combo game gets paired with Zelda's truck like hitting sparkles.

In order to make this team really work, the Peach has to have an insane amount of multi-tasking skills. Because she has to:
She has to juggle both members of the opposing team
She has to combo into and out of Din's Fires that Zelda throws out
She has to make a wall between herself and Zelda so that Zelda doesn't get hardcore pressured and is unable to throw out Din's Fire and has to result to staling her Smashes
And most importantly, she needs to cancel Din's Fire consistently to avoid tacking on extra damage from her teammate

Thats to name 4 of things needed from a Peach to make this work effectively. But I personally think those are the most important to keep this team going and successful.

Now to talk briefly about tactics... This team has alot of silly gimmicks and some very very hard hitting team combos. some can even kill around 80% for most of the cast, but the only downfall is that they require coordination to preform effectively. One of my favorite combos is when Riot Upsmashes, I will jump above him and footstool the victim so that they get into even more upsmashes and like 2 footstools is like 40 or something I think. To name a few more tricks with this team; their follow up to when one of you get a grab is DEADLY If Zelda gets a grab on anyone Lawl She can forward throw or back throw them into a super sweet-spotted upsmash from Peach. And if Peach gets a grab which is usually the more likely scenario, Peach can use her Up throw and if zelda times it right, can full hop to combo a Up air or sometimes Lightning Kicks, killing most characters around 80%. See what I meant when I said when this team gets a grab, to expect deadly results? ^_^

Now another thing to touch base on is this teams weaknesses. Well first off, its a difficult team to get used to and can have quite a high learning curve with teams with sub par chemistry. Also it can be disheartening for new Peach+Zelda teams when they cant fight against the one team that loves to hgive everyone problems. Double MK. Another kinda problem this team has is the Peach has to so much and we all know peach is a very exhausting character. Usually after doubles, I'm mentally drained, Hungry as hell, and getting asthma all over the place. So this team is not really for the faint of heart or faint of lung for that matter, but hell I still do it cause past the few problems this team utterly *****

:lucas:

:zerosuitsamus:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Cool. Great job.
Nicely organized - I'll add some of my stuff in here later.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I don't have any team vids or anything like that, but can we also discuss good team partners for Peach here?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Btw, its Starring, not staring :p

Ganondorf...well, Ganondorf is Ganondorf. With Peach, he's a double edged sowrd, since his kill power can complement Peach's damage racking abilites and set ups but one slight mistake and he'll send Peach flying

The biggest worry with having Ganondorf as a team mate is that if Peach gets knocked out, Ganon has next to no hope in a 1 vs 2 scenario. He gets ***** by a crap ton of characters in 1 vs 1's - God help him if there's another person to deal with at the same time

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Im pretty bad at spelling. I usualy have hiROI help me but he been busy as of late.

Right now what I need from the Peach community is a summary of what you think Peach is as a partner. More than one summary will do because I'll be murging them in the end.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Peach in teams, is a damage racker. Honestly, I can't really say that she is anything more or less. She has amazing combo potential on her own. Adding a partner to the playing field just makes the killing go by faster. Peach players shouldn't take that into offence though. A damage racker is a viable asset too teamwork. Especially because her damage racking abilitys are very accurate and precise and are not ment to hit many people at once which makes her a safe damage racker. Adding a partner that has almost any ability to KO will work with Peach. This doesn't mean Peach can't kill, but it's most likely a more functional team to stick too your job and only multitask when it is needed.

Peach makes her partners shine.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm... a summary of Peach in doubles.... Alright... this might be a bit long, but here I go

Overview:
Peach has to be the supporting member of the team. Even though Peach has nice combos that an rack up damage quickly, you can't expect to rush in there and smash your opponents around until they die. Playing Peach requires thinking and spacing. You can't die, and you can't take damage. That's how you play Peach in doubles

Stock tanking:
Stock tanking is extremely important. Peach has to let her partner take over, while she stays back and stock tanks. Because you're partner is doing the work, they might die more than they should. If they die, and you haven't been stocktanking, then you're left all alone with one life left to fight the 2v1. If you have been doing a terrible job, then you'll die even before your partner. If you have been stocktanking, then when your partner is out, they can proceed to steal your life and resume the game. It's important to stock tank, because it makes the end game a lot easier.

Damaging:
It's important to do as much damage as you can while taking as little damage as you can. A good way to think is that for every % you take, you have to do twice that % to your opponent. If your partner is good at killing (Snake, D3, DK, Zelda, etc) then it isn't the end of the world if you use a couple of fairs or fsmashes for damaging. If your partner isn't too great at killing, however, then it's a good idea to save your killing moves. Comboing is your best way to damage your opponent, with dairs, uairs, nairs, etc. All your Singles tips can apply (jab, grab, etc). Turnips are also great, even if you often don't have the time to pull them out. Racking up damage is Peach's main job. A good thing is that doubles can be chaotic, so your moves might be easier to make contact with at least one of your opponents.

Killing:
Killing usually shouldn't be left for Peach, because partners often have better killing moves than her. Snake has utilt, D3 has utilt, MK has dsmash, etc. Peach usually shouldn't have the role of killing, but if either your partner is having trouble killing or if you just have to kill, then it is possible. Doubles can be chaotic, which means landing that killing move can be a little bit easier than in singles. I know I get a lot more usmashes in doubles than in singles. Fair, fsmash, usmash, nair, utilt, uair, bair, etc are all good killing moves. Just make sure you don't hit your partner :O

Support:
Playing the role of support requires....support. In doubles, you have to be watching all 4 people in the match. If your partner is ever in trouble, then you have to save them. If theyre getting CGed, then do whatever you can to get them out. If thy're getting comboed, then help them out. Always be wary of where your partner is, how they're doing, how much damage they have, how much damage their opponent has, etc. If their opponent has high percent, but your partner is having trouble killing them, then get in there and kill their opponent!

1v2:
If you're ever in a 1v2 (you're by yourself and both of your opponents are still alive), then you're in for a fight. I'm not too amazing at these, because I just end up using a ton of fairs and fsmashes to space, wasting my killing moves. Your best option is to focus on one opponent until they die. Take out the one who has higher percent. If they're around the same percent, then take out whoever would be more difficult in singles. Then, when they're dead, you can play the rest like singles.

2v1:
This can be really easy or really hard depending on your teamwork with your partner. The easiest way to approach this is for one of you to get a grab, and then infinite grab release until they're at killing percent. If not, then you can try comboing them with your partner with dairs, bairs, and nairs. If not, then you can just have Peach do as much damage as she can until she dies, then let her partner do the rest. It's a desparate option, but it works

Conclusion:
Peach can be amazing in teams if you play her right. I know that this quide seems like you have to be campy to win, which is true for me, but it varies among every player. In my opinion, supporting is they key to destroying in teams

z00ted

I disagree with almost everything you just posted.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Well that is why I said post what you think as well. Its going to be a big summary in the end. but before I keep it posted I'll show it to you guys first.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I can confirm everything lloD posted with firsthand experience.

Peach being my ideal partner, I have a little bit to say.

Metaknight is a great partner for Peach. Probably the best. Metaknight and Peach can continue each other's combos with EASE. Out of Peach's Dair, Metaknight can tornado or aerial, and Peach can aerial or Fsmash or Usmash (on heavies) out of Metaknight's Dthrow.

Having Peach as a support in our team is imperative - a smart Peach will pull lots of profit in damage; take very little and deal a lot.

Metaknight excels off the stage while Peach can take characters onstage, if it comes to this. Peach can float off the ledge or wait on the stage for an edgeguarding or use turnips from the stage (snipe!) while MK hangs on the ledge to basically demolish any hopes of an opponent getting back.

Also, Metaknight can save Peach easier than any other character. Peach floats with umbrella, and Metaknight comes down to the rescue with Uair. If the opponents manage to keep MK at bay, unable to reach Peach in time, the ideal thing to do is to drop the umbrella and just get back into the fray.

Ummmmkthx.

P.S. @Illmatic: your post added so much to this thread. Thanks for that.

z00ted

You're lloD's brother of course your going to back him up. Ummmmmkthx.

Metaknight is Peach's best partner most definitely and he probably is for about 3/4s of the cast.

But when lloD brings up statements about camping and stock tanking or whatever I really don't understand how that would work if you were teaming with some characters in the cast.

Llod brought up a good point about how doubles can be very chaotic and your opponent can be left in situations where they can be hit by more dairs or fairs because of slow reaction time or not knowing whats going on. We are Peach and we can't kill so why sit back and camp when our partner can stock tank and we give out damage? Our character is one of the best at taking two at a time because of the priority of her dair. If Metaknight/Snake/Diddy/D3 is just sitting back punishish mistakes or saving for a kill move while we rush in and force the mistake as well as getting damage wouldn't that be the better option opposed to sittting back stock tanking when we already die at low percentages anyways?

Doubles is totally different from singles for Peach and when I read lloD's post I felt as though in some instances he was just doing a write up for singles.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Metaknight is not a stock tank.

Unless you imply that Peach should implement an anubis-esque type of strategy.

The strategy that lloD described works against any combination of opponents. While your tactics DO work, they won't work on every team. Double Metaknight will beat the crap out of Peach.

That's why there needs to be a balance of both. Peach can deal out a huge amount of damage in the chaos of doubles matches with a different kind of space that high tiers use (Peach will use vertical space for combos, which is useful in the limited space we get in doubles). It's much safer for a Metaknight to be the aggressor with the Peach as a backup, getting combos on opponents who have slowed reaction times and can't get out of some of Peach's high-damaging combos.

P.S. "Your" is a possessive term. I think you meant "You're". I don't have a "lloD's brother," I AM lloD's brother.

EDIT: Peach DOES have 2v1 ability, but I think that her ability to support Metaknight exceeds that. lloD has definitely won some matches for us in a 2v1, so it IS a legitimate tactic, but frankly, a Peach supporting a Metaknight is extremely efficient.

Although, tbh, sometimes lloD will let me 1v1/gimp an opponent while he combos their partner. Peach combos paralyzing opponents = good. Particularly if it's a good MU for me (considering MK has... good matchups).

EDIT 2: Oh and Ill, that kind of post is what will create the best well of information about Peach in doubles. We'll strike up a discussion and come out with a lot of insight and different ideas on what Peach can do in teams. Much better than "I disagree." xP

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh wow a Peach in teams thread ;D Glad I found this. So it seems you guys are discussing How Peach does in teams to begin with atm correct? These are some good questions that should be answered.

What is your mains role in a team?

What should your main be doing at any given time?

Does your main have a easy time with any of the following roles:
1. surviving forever
2. killing
3. splitting opponents up
4. 2v1 combat
5. his role in 1v2
6. attacking opponents who are engaging your teammate to open them up
7. racking damage without leaving himself open to the other player
I love Peach in teams <3

z00ted

Metaknight is not a stock tank.

Unless you imply that Peach should implement an anubis-esque type of strategy.

The strategy that lloD described works against any combination of opponents. While your tactics DO work, they won't work on every team. Double Metaknight will beat the crap out of Peach.

That's why there needs to be a balance of both. Peach can deal out a huge amount of damage in the chaos of doubles matches with a different kind of space that high tiers use (Peach will use vertical space for combos, which is useful in the limited space we get in doubles). It's much safer for a Metaknight to be the aggressor with the Peach as a backup, getting combos on opponents who have slowed reaction times and can't get out of some of Peach's high-damaging combos.

I agree that there needs to be a balance between both. Yes, but not in all situations. It works great with Metaknight but not with other characters simply because Peach in doubles isn't meant to be played campy - there are too many situations where errors can be made and Peach can fully take advantage of them (similar to Metaknight).

I've played a double Metaknight team (Gnes and P4) with a Toon Link (Jerm) and beat them in winners bracket as well as losers bracket. There is NO room to be camping at all, I'm sorry. You can't just sit back and try to wait for that "kill" move or whatever like in singles - you'll get wrecked: you should know don't you main Metaknight? You have to constantly attack them and stay on the ground (knowing a tornado will come).

Sure.. Metaknight should be the aggresor in doubles beacuse he's broken. But what about the rest of the cast? Put in Snake or D3 who don't die until like 200% if they properly DI. Why would Peach sit back and camp when her teammate can already cover double of her options in that given situation? If Peach is the aggressor and Snake camps lets say Peach takes 150% while giving 75% to both of her opponents and then dies. Snake is sitting back there with 20% and can easily kill with a few ftilts or utilts. Lets give Peach the same situation. Snake can get ALOT of percent while Peach is camping but what Peach doesnt have is almost a guaranteed kill move. Snake can also be juggled alot harder than Peach if he's the aggressor because he doesn't have control over the air like she does. Sure Snake can take them out while Peach sits back and camps but why should he if he dies quicker than camping and his partner doesn't have a reliable kill move?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I do have to agree with Smash God. Peach shouldn't be risking herself out there when her partner can do a better job of being aggressive. Imo, Peach is a lot better as a stock tank with gigantic combos. If she takes a lot of damage, then you're putting more pressure on her partner to make up for her failures =/

EDIT: Alright, Illmatic, put it this way. Peach and Snake vs Mk and Mk. As you said, Snake plays defensively while Peach goes on the offense. She gets comboed the crap out of by the double MKs, and dies at 110%, while Snake is at 50% and the 2 Mks are at, like 70% each from taking damage from Snake's nades and Peach's attempts to play aggressively. You're down a stock, your partner is starting to worry because he knows he can't die (so he tries to not get hit even more), which results in the two Mks dominating the entire match and winning. Is playing aggressive really that good?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Aha! My post was only relevant to how a Peach should play with a Metaknight!
I have very little knowledge as to how Peach should play when teaming with another character.

I just think that Metaknight is Peach's ideal partner, and that's how the team should be played. ^_^

z00ted

EDIT: Alright, Illmatic, put it this way. Peach and Snake vs Mk and Mk. As you said, Snake plays defensively while Peach goes on the offense. She gets comboed the crap out of by the double MKs, and dies at 110%, while Snake is at 50% and the 2 Mks are at, like 70% each from taking damage from Snake's nades and Peach's attempts to play aggressively. You're down a stock, your partner is starting to worry because he knows he can't die (so he tries to not get hit even more), which results in the two Mks dominating the entire match and winning. Is playing aggressive really that good?
Metaknight vs Metaknight is a different situation.
Snake could go in and help her, he is equipped to do so.

I know (from experience because I've tried "camping" before) that if a Peach is going to try and stock tank against two Metaknights they are going to double nado her into the air and just shuttle loop her off the stage. She needs to try and attack at least one of them eliminating the risk of her getting destroyed.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Alright, here I think the definition of "camping" needs to be set.

lloD was probably using the term too loosely. He doesn't just stand back while I take the 2v1.

z00ted

Oh.. alright. That is where I was getting mixed up when he said "camping " I literally just thought he would sit back and wait until someone attacking him then attack back, saving all of his kill moves until you got your opponents to kill percentages then trying to kill.

Metaknight is such a dumb character in doubles.
He's even more broken than in singles.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, I forgot that camping meant running away lol. For me, in doubles, I usually take on one of the two opponents (usually the campier of the opponents, such as Wario, Kirby, Toon Link, etc. If there are none, then I go for the heavier character. I let smash god take the Mk if there is one). When I play them, I continuously bait them in a section of the stage, punishing them with FC bairs, dairs, and turnips. This is where I try to do as much damage as I can while taking as little damage as I can. If you take control of that one opponent by continuously baiting and punishing, then you're in charge. This is what I usually do while Smash god handles the other opponent (and because he's MK, he can completely wreck the other opponent because he only gets 1/2 of the stage). If he has trouble, then I push my opponent away and help SG until SG has control again, then go back to baiting and stock tanking the other person. Stock tanking for me means playing cautiously, not running away. Sorry if I used vague terminology D:

z00ted

Alright then we are in agreement.
I just play alot more aggresively.

Peach does so good when she forces her opponents near the ledge while still controlling the center.
This happens alot in doubles ;)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you pull a beamsword, give it to Ganon. Out of Gerudo, he has a guaranteed jablock followup on the entire cast with a beamsword.

Ganon's largest problem is that his FAir was supposed to SHAC. It doesn't, and is easily punishable. Both Ganon and Peach otherwise have great air games - take advantage of this.

I see Ganon + Peach working more or less like a wall optimally, with Peach setting up Ganon for the kill after 80% or so.

Just random thoughts.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So does Zelda, but have you ever fought a team of two of them. :laugh:

...:urg:
Zelda is on a whole different league though. Not only is she not that bad, she's also much better in doubles and she is naturally much better in teams with Peach.

I have played with a Ganondorf in doubles but that was a loooong time ago and it was the first tournament for both of us. Its not a bad team, as long as Peach is able to support Ganondorf when he needs it and she mostly is. Ganondorf also kills very early and Peach racks up a lot of damage. Not to mention Ganondorf should live pretty long, as long as he doesnt get gimped badly.

Its a pretty decent team.

:053:

z00ted

They took into consideration how easily she can be killed.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I know peachkid did really well at apex, until someone consistently places top 5 or something at national tournaments, peach won't be considered to be as good of a teammate as she actually is =/

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Yesh! Nobody's said it yet!

I think Peach teams really good with... Lucario.

Steam on BFC in a Lucas doubles discussion said:
Lucario is the best partner for like all support tanks :I
Peach can't kill, but she can rack up damage pretty nicely. Nothing stopping her from giving Lucario a quick slap or lob a turnip to boost his aura a bit, in fact, in doubles with Zolan I often find myself lobbing more turnips at him, than at the opponents. Then I stock tank like a boss. Anubis strategy is pretty good with Peach.

Top Bottom