• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Bad Matchups

Lift

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaos4Livez
Could someone give me a general list about Peach's bad matchup, especially pointing out some of the extremely bad ones as I want to compile data and see if there is a character who can handle a large majority of these matchups.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
I play Peach a lot, despite my Falcon flairs. The characters I have the most trouble with are Ivysaur, ROB, Falcon, Wolf, Fox, Link, Toon Link, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Ike, Marth, and Zelda (maybe).

From what I've experienced, she doesn't have any extremely bad MUs in the sense that you lose in CSS. Most of these are just slightly out of her favour (55:45) and some are pretty bad (nothing greater than about 65:35 I think), but because the meta is so young and changing and I'm just one guy, this is all anecdotal.

In general, the Falcon, Fox, and Jigglypiff MUs are very similar to what they are in Melee, but Peach has some tools in Project M to kind of help mitigate the issues she had in Melee. For example, AGT makes punishing whiffed bairs from Puff easier than it is in Melee. And even though turnips have been indirectly nerfed with the easier item-play in PM, giving Peach a 'ledge dash' and allowing her to float on stage right out of the ledge makes edge guarding much easier against some characters, ESPECIALLY Fox. I still wouldn't say these MUs are in her favour, however.

Ike, Marth, Link, and their huge swords make it hard for Peach to approach, but again AGT is a useful 'burst-movement' option she never had in Melee to help deal with other character's long range. The Marth MU plays like it does in Melee except you can't really use turnips to edge guard against Marths familiar with item use, and you have better options from the ledge. Turnips can stop Ike's QD approaches and he has bad OOS options to contrast with Peach's better ones, but he still has an easier time killing you and keeping you away. Link can zone you out with projectiles, but he's slow, making your approach to him manageable.

Toon Link is just a pain, and I believe it's Peach's worst MU in Project M right now. He can zone you out like Link does but he's also got the mobility to prevent you from getting to him. I'm probably not playing it right and am giving him too much space to pull out projectiles (he has 3 of them and can access them while in motion faster than Peach can access turnips), but once has them out it's so hard to approach. Not to mention that Toon Link will be just as good if not better at using items than Peach is considering he also has a lot of practice catching items as well as throwing them.

I just find Zelda hard to approach, but I don't have much MU experience against Zelda. But I've read that other Peaches have trouble with her too.

Last edited:

Lift

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaos4Livez
I actually agree with a large majority of these, I was really just looking for a second opinion or some matchups that I hadn't really took into mind and this help alot, thanks.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Imo Sonic gives her the worst time. Characters with disjoints give her a pretty hard time as well. Robin is a pretty solid counterpick to peach as his fire tome negates one of peach's way to approach, plus he has disjoints making the mu even harder

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Imo Sonic gives her the worst time. Characters with disjoints give her a pretty hard time as well. Robin is a pretty solid counterpick to peach as his fire tome negates one of peach's way to approach, plus he has disjoints making the mu even harder
I think you've got the wrong game.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
I've been meaning to mention this, but that list above should be taken with a grain of salt since they're all just my experiences. I've heard complaints about Zard and it sounds like he'd give Peach a tough time but I haven't played any good Zards so I wouldn't know that well.

Certain people on this board consider Peach's MU spread to be much better than I've made it out to be, others will say it's worse. People's opinions of Peach are one of the more polarized ones when it comes to PM characters.

The Brazilian Afro

Smash Cadet
Ok. The only one I disagree with there is TL. I truly belive that Peach is even against him, her turnip game is quite useful and har Bair stops most of his zoning attacks, with Bair -> AGT allowing for her to punish his boomerang quite well. Also, he's both light (85) and Mid speed faller (0.11 gravity), which means that he's quite easy to knock sideways for her. Peach also has a higher aerial mobility and can bait & punish many of his moves by staying in midrange with a turnip on her hand.

IMO, Zelda is Peach's current hardest MU. She brings the worst of Marth and Jigglypuff together to bring one annoying son of a *****.

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Ok. The only one I disagree with there is TL. I truly belive that Peach is even against him, her turnip game is quite useful and har Bair stops most of his zoning attacks, with Bair -> AGT allowing for her to punish his boomerang quite well. Also, he's both light (85) and Mid speed faller (0.11 gravity), which means that he's quite easy to knock sideways for her. Peach also has a higher aerial mobility and can bait & punish many of his moves by staying in midrange with a turnip on her hand.

IMO, Zelda is Peach's current hardest MU. She brings the worst of Marth and Jigglypuff together to bring one annoying son of a *****.
It would only be considered even with a turnip in her hand then XD, Its basically a more annoying Marth MU

From personal experience i would say that Zelda can be a pain, Jiggs is still terrifying, I havent played a chunk of the cast with her so there may be others but Peach overall is a well rounded character, so even if she does have some bad MUs she can still try to get by with the tools at her disposal.

PS I love the Junko pic 10/10

Last edited:
Top Bottom