• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peachette gets Crowned! The Peachette support thread.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh. My. God. This was just pointed out to me by someone on twitter, but do you know what also is on September 23rd, the day Bowsette really started to explode in popularity?

Nintendo's birthday.

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
From the looks of it, the Sonic fanbase might be next in line for mass crowning. But really, are any of us surprised? And heck, I think the Sonic fanbase would be glad that they are getting some quality art rather than... The usual.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I guess almost EVERY character is gonna get the treatment. I LOVE it!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Found this picture and laughed a lot, but it is a bit NSFW so have it behind a spoiler.

NukeA6

Smash Master
From the looks of it, the Sonic fanbase might be next in line for mass crowning. But really, are any of us surprised? And heck, I think the Sonic fanbase would be glad that they are getting some quality art rather than... The usual.
I definitely wanna see more of Sonicette.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I have been thinking about something due to this tweet.
Why do you guys think this is? I am honestly curious.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You know, I have been thinking about something due to this tweet.
Why do you guys think this is? I am honestly curious.
The whole reason it took off is because it was relevant to the very recent Super Crown announcement by a big company such as Nintendo. There have been hundreds of pictures in the past where Bowser turns into Peach or some other kind of genderbending stuff. It's just that the comic artist cleverly took an official power-up and turned it into a genderbending device with a comic that not only looked good, but was also funny. It even made use of SMO's ending.

Pair all that with the fact that Bowser is a loveable character and mixing that with Peach's body, you've hit gold. It probably also helped that it was right down the creator of Dragon Maid's ally to draw something like this, so it just worked out even more.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The whole reason it took off is because it was relevant to the very recent Super Crown announcement by a big company such as Nintendo. There have been hundreds of pictures in the past where Bowser turns into Peach or some other kind of genderbending stuff. It's just that the comic artist cleverly took an official power-up and turned it into a genderbending device with a comic that not only looked good, but was also funny. It even made use of SMO's ending.

Pair all that with the fact that Bowser is a loveable character and mixing that with Peach's body, you've hit gold. It probably also helped that it was right down the creator of Dragon Maid's ally to draw something like this, so it just worked out even more.
I agree. I also think that it's in part due to the nature of Bowsette's creation compared to many other waifu's. Although there is tons of debates on who is the best modern waifu, I think everyone knows that they are baited to be that. That was there purpose for creation, to be attractive potential waifu's for people to latch on to. Even other meme's like Bowsette, like Earth-chan for instance, had some factor of attractiveness to them to gather attention from the original post. With Bowsette, she came from a random comic on a single panel and she was partially cut off. There was no factor like that, and the creator had no intention like that. And with that lack of manipulation, the attractiveness feels more genuine. It's why I think those big name artists jumped on for Bowsette and not other's like Earth-chan or anime Wendy, though the fact that it is apart of the biggest gaming icon in the world certainly helped. All of this is also why I doubt that this concept will ever truly die out like the other waifu trends. Sure, it will eventually no longer have the astonishing popularity it has now, but it won't disappear off the face of the Earth.

Btw, I found this awesome SMRPG super crown pixel art. Love all the different styles people are using. It's always great to see a trend motivated by creativity rather than something negative.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Might also have to do with how Bowsette is kinda seen as an insanely more assertive and capable version of Peach.
I won't knock Peach myself, but lately between Pauline and Daisy's respective resurgences, I get the feeling that Peach is being considered obsolete in comparison. Or stale.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Might also have to do with how Bowsette is kinda seen as an insanely more assertive and capable version of Peach.
I won't knock Peach myself, but lately between Pauline and Daisy's respective resurgences, I get the feeling that Peach is being considered obsolete in comparison. Or stale.
Yeah, I am getting that feeling as well. And while she may not be asserting, Rosalina is certainly not helping Peach.

Also, I figured you might like this if your icon has anything to say about it(Though, you have probably already seen this tweet).

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I could see her as an alt costume for Peach or maybe a DLC character if Sakurai chooses to go that route later down the line.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Also, I realized another reason why people usually use the ette part for characters rather than combining the name with Peach(Besides it usually rolling off the tongue better). If we went the combining name route, there would be confusion between Peach fusion names and Peach ships. It may be small, but it's decent justification, even if it gets on people's nerves.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
This is dumb.

But she'd get in before Waluigi so...

supported!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is dumb.

But she'd get in before Waluigi so...

supported!
Sorry, I had to bring this up.
Also, Wendy's made an appearance in the comic's. I love it when big businesses get in on this sort of thing. Though to be fair, Wendy's did have a trend like this before.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
That Mario x Koopa-hime comic actally made me laugh.

I'm curious... What is more popular here: Blonde or Redhead Bowsette?

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
This is why we need another Super Princess Peach. The competition is getting fierce for her. Not Daisy though, she'll forever be poop Peach.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, and this is a big question for this thread, what is your favorite character-ette? And if you can show it(No NSFW stuff please), what is your favorite art of a character-ette?

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Favourite -ette is Bowsette.

But my favourite art thus far is of Booette.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Okay, and this is a big question for this thread, what is your favorite character-ette? And if you can show it(No NSFW stuff please), what is your favorite art of a character-ette?
The best Bowsette art is NSFW.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Prolly gonna have to go with the Tails one that was shown earlier in this thread.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
The fact that this place shifted from a Peachette thread to a pseudo Bowsette thread.

I approve.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
From the looks of it, the trend has certainly calmed down a lot. That's to be expected, nothing of that magnitude can sustain itself at i's current size for too long, but it has kinda just turned into a more normal art community for the Nintendo fandom.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
In for Peach costume and nothing more than that. Peace out. *runs*

EDIT: Although this is cute... OKAY I'M GONE *jumps out window*

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
...Wow, Bowsette/A Peach and Bowser fusion may have been a scrapped concept for Super Mario Odyssey

Basically Bowser was going to have his own cappy and at one point possess Peach

NukeA6

Smash Master
...Wow, Bowsette/A Peach and Bowser fusion may have been a scrapped concept for Super Mario Odyssey

Basically Bowser was going to have his own cappy and at one point possess Peach
Already, I'm seeing a future for Bowsette :D

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, this brings a whole new perspective to the Bowsette situation. And she just got popular right before this book was released. It's like Bowsette herself is trying to will herself into existence.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
That is the power of Meme Magic.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. Peachette. Bowsette. Boosette. Yoshette. All of them.

Step 1: Yes I have a problem.

Step 2: No, I refuse to do anything about said problem.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
EarlTamm, you made this thread?

Huh, I support anyways. :)

Peachette is so ruddy cute.
Yup. I figured I had done so much discussion on Smashboards by now, why not make my own thread. And so I made a thread on a small character that could make it in as maybe a costume at most as a sort of funny practice run(I still believed it was a possibility though, as humerus as I found the idea). Turns out, meme's had different plans for this thread.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yup. I figured I had done so much discussion on Smashboards by now, why not make my own thread. And so I made a thread on a small character that could make it in as maybe a costume at most as a sort of funny practice run(I still believed it was a possibility though, as humerus as I found the idea). Turns out, meme's had different plans for this thread.
Huh, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't see her being a character, but a costume would be awesome. Bad timing really, creating this thread just before the Bowsette craze blew up.
It's slightly saddening. :(

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Huh, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't see her being a character, but a costume would be awesome. Bad timing really, creating this thread just before the Bowsette craze blew up.
It's slightly saddening. :(
Actually, I think it's quite fortunate. I am glad this thread got so much discussion, I just did not expect it to happen. It's not at all a bad thing and I love all the -ette's the community has made. And again, while I never saw her as a full on character or even an echo, I was rooting for Peachette to be a cool costume. Though now, it seems like the possibility of Bowsette invading true Mario cannon is getting even more likely. So hey, come the time she gets announced, you bet your bottom dollar I will make a Bowsette thread! Can't do it now though, as I doubt you can make a character thread based on the argument "She was concept art!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom