• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peachette gets Crowned! The Peachette support thread.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

The Nintendo Direct of 9/13/2018 may not have brought much smash speculation to the table, but just one small revelation from the remaster of SMBU brought the whole Mario community into the pits of crazy implications(And later, crazy fan art phenomena). Of course, we are talking about Toadette's powered up form, Peachette. What could possibly be the story behind this evolution in the Toad species, and why is it exclusive to Toadette? What was the greater meaning of it all?! Or maybe Nintendo just wanted a way for people to play as Peach, but could not use the Peach we knew since she was kidnapped. But that's not a fun explanation at all, so let's ignore that, shall we?;)

Now as for Smash, how could she possibly get in? Peach already has an echo and Daisy, and there is no way Peachette could have a unique moveset considering the timing of her creation, as well as being a less original character than Daisy. Base game wise, she has no shot, but she could still make it in DLC. We have no clue how Nintendo will handle this game's DLC, but it can be assumed that the DLC's lifespan will be longer, due to the game coming earlier in the Switches life span, as well as Smash 4 showcasing how profitable Smash DLC can be. And while it has not happened yet, it's not that far of a stretch to say the costumes can be possible DLC. As said before, Peachette is like Peach in every way, down to the same ability's and quirks, so having her as a costume would make way to much sense. Peachette could also serve as Toad representation if we still don't have a Toad up to the point, or if a normal Toad can't be put in because of the Toad counter. It may not be in the form some people would want, but it would be something if a normal Toad is an impossibility.

And yeah, this is basically the unofficial -ette discussion board of Smashboards. You want to talk about the likes of Bowsette(Who likly can't have a board due to her fandom nature), be our guest.

Feel free to discuss anything of relation to Peachette or any other -ette in the thread, even if it is crazy conspiracy theories or art of the many character's that have been crowned. If you want to join as a supporter, please like the op and/or notify me.

Peachette's Royal Army:

Disclaimer: This is my first thread, so if there is anything I need to improve in the op, please tell me. I also might have problems with the more technical stuff of Smashboards, so please bear through my incompetence:laugh:.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Please no. I already laughed hard enough at Peachette's reveal in the Nintendo Direct. I feel that Peachette would only be added to Smash for the salt factor; it would be hilarious, but I do not support her at all.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Please no. I already laughed hard enough at Peachette's reveal in the Nintendo Direct. I feel that Peachette would only be added to Smash for the salt factor; it would be hilarious, but I do not support her at all.
Hey man, some people just want to watch the world burn... And I am not one of them. I think she would make a nice costume, as the op said.
Oi, I didn't think anyone would make a thread on this. Also peachette is a cutie
I figured i might as well. I like the design, and the theories around her are fun to discuss and have fun with.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Lol!

I dunno... this character is so "WTF" that I don't even know what to think about her. There's a funny thing though

I always supported a headcanon theory about the Sonic franchise. Since the character Chaos is said to be a mutated chao, and he looks similar to the other Sonic character, I always thought that every Sonic character maybe is a mutated/grown up chao (not only that, in game it's shown that chao can copy animal traits and you can grow a chao who looks identical to some Sonic characters).

Then Peachette comes, and brings in the theory that maybe Peach evolved from a Toad(ette), implying that maybe every human from the Mushroom Kigdom may be the same.
I find this parallel to be extremely funny! Both theories are only speculation and there's nothing official (aside of Chaos being a chao, and Peachette being Toadette), but that's it.

This said, I don't support, I'm sorry.
I kinda liked Toadette before, but now that she's just Peach, I don't know. I think this is an attempt at overwriting Toadette. Peach is more recognizable, she's more important too, so let's make Toadette a Peach. Peach is kidnapped so you can't play as her, but we will make a clone.
I think that all the lore theories didn't even come to the minds of the developers, they only wanted an excuse to let people play as Peach and a Peach artwork to slap it on the cover of the game despite her being kidnapped and unavaliable in the game.
I like the idea of toads transforming and evolving into full characters, but I dislike the rehash of Peach's model. If they made her unique and kept Toadette's personality into her evolved form, then it would have been cool, and this unique feature would have been interesting for Smash too, but this way she's just, Peach overshadowing Toadette.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Peach ALWAYS gets the weird af clones. First Pink Gold Peach and now this...

I feel like you could make something potentially interesting with Toadette as the base character, with Peachette being a temporary powered-up state that you need to try and maintain. But this would be at like the very bottom of the Mario barrel.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Lol!

I dunno... this character is so "WTF" that I don't even know what to think about her. There's a funny thing though

I always supported a headcanon theory about the Sonic franchise. Since the character Chaos is said to be a mutated chao, and he looks similar to the other Sonic character, I always thought that every Sonic character maybe is a mutated/grown up chao (not only that, in game it's shown that chao can copy animal traits and you can grow a chao who looks identical to some Sonic characters).

Then Peachette comes, and brings in the theory that maybe Peach evolved from a Toad(ette), implying that maybe every human from the Mushroom Kigdom may be the same.
I find this parallel to be extremely funny! Both theories are only speculation and there's nothing official (aside of Chaos being a chao, and Peachette being Toadette), but that's it.

This said, I don't support, I'm sorry.
I kinda liked Toadette before, but now that she's just Peach, I don't know. I think this is an attempt at overwriting Toadette. Peach is more recognizable, she's more important too, so let's make Toadette a Peach. Peach is kidnapped so you can't play as her, but we will make a clone.
I think that all the lore theories didn't even come to the minds of the developers, they only wanted an excuse to let people play as Peach and a Peach artwork to slap it on the cover of the game despite her being kidnapped and unavaliable in the game.
I like the idea of toads transforming and evolving into full characters, but I dislike the rehash of Peach's model. If they made her unique and kept Toadette's personality into her evolved form, then it would have been cool, and this unique feature would have been interesting for Smash too, but this way she's just, Peach overshadowing Toadette.
I can understand. I disagree, but understand. I will say though, Toadette has been steadily becoming more prominent. After a weird period of her just not appearing, she has somehow found a way to worm herself in more and more stuff, even breaking into the mainline games, something not many side character can brag. And this is a super form rather than a base form, so I don't think Peach is replacing Toadette.
Peach ALWAYS gets the weird af clones. First Pink Gold Peach and now this...

I feel like you could make something potentially interesting with Toadette as the base character, with Peachette being a temporary powered-up state that you need to try and maintain. But this would be at like the very bottom of the Mario barrel.
I think this is better than PGP, and keep in mind that I, like many, hate PGP with every fiber of my being. For one thing, this is an actual power up, not some made up thing just to make an easy slot. Also, this thread is for making her a costume, not an echo or original character. I am not crazy enough to suggest otherwise.
Peachette should be a Peach Alt costume
Yup.
Peachette for Mario Kart
I think it is totally gonna happen in 9. And i wont even be mad. At least it has an origin in the mainline games.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
EDIT: greninja'd
And by the way, I think the Yoshi's Island series deconfirms all the evolving toads theories.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
EDIT: greninja'd
And by the way, I think the Yoshi's Island series deconfirms al the evolving toads theories.
I agree. The babies certainly put a wrench in that theory, but there is certainly other possible explanations. Also, while many people wonder the origins of Pechette, I wonder what Peachette would think of the other Peach, or heck, what would the normal Toads think of Peachette?

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Peachette is as adorable as she is confusing!
I would totally be down for her as a Peach costume, and the idea of DLC costumes in general is a really interesting one, I think.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Peachette is as adorable as she is confusing!
I would totally be down for her as a Peach costume, and the idea of DLC costumes in general is a really interesting one, I think.
Yup. I think DLC costumes are a real possibility, and Peachette is a front runner when it comes to that. Not much else she can be, since the spot for echo is taken.

I will say, and I did say this in the op, but I will only note someone as a supporter if they like the op and or tell me that they want to be supporter. I can assume that those who say they want her as a costume is supporter, but it needs to be 100% said to be official. I don't want to risk any confusion.

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Yup. I think DLC costumes are a real possibility, and Peachette is a front runner when it comes to that. Not much else she can be, since the spot for echo is taken.

I will say, and I did say this in the op, but I will only note someone as a supporter if they like the op and or tell me that they want to be supporter. I can assume that those who say they want her as a costume is supporter, but it needs to be 100% said to be official. I don't want to risk any confusion.
You can add me.
While she's not something I would say I want bad enough to add to my wanted list, she'd definitely be neat to have.
Especially since costumes if they happened would almost certainly be grouped together as packs, and a Mario costume pack with things like her, Mr. L and Dry Bowser would be awesome (my only concern there would be one of Peach's sports outfits might get in instead of her in that scenario, but you could always use Daisy and her sports outfits for that representation.)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You can add me.
While she's not something I would say I want bad enough to add to my wanted list, she'd definitely be neat to have.
Especially since costumes if they happened would almost certainly be grouped together as packs, and a Mario costume pack with things like her, Mr. L and Dry Bowser would be awesome (my only concern there would be one of Peach's sports outfits might get in instead of her in that scenario, but you could always use Daisy and her sports outfits for that representation.)
Yeah, I feel Daisy better represents the sports side of things. Kinda her bread and butter. It's interesting, I also see echo's getting the pack treatment, kinda like how Dark Samus and Chrom were announced together. Perhaps costumes for the regular characters can be a replacement for Mii costumes in dlc packs, as I don't think they are gonna go all in on the Mii costumes thing like last time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is the only reason why Peachette exists. Nintendo was just too lazy to make New Super Mario Bros. Switch (new game) with Peach as the fourth playable character so they just ported New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U and replaced Blue Toad with Peach Toadette/Peachette.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am gonna be totally honest, I prefer this design over regular Peach, and foe a while I did not know why. While yes, I immediately felt that this design is more fitting for someone who rules over mushroom people, as well as fitting the old name of "Toadstool," I knew that was not why Peachette's design 1-upped Peach's for me. And then it hit me. It's her shoes. I have no clue why, but that is the case for me. I think it has something to do with it being the same style of shoe that Mario and Luigi wear, as if to immediately say that this Peach is much more gungho about getting her hands dirty, or in this case, jumping on some poor fools. It's a little change, but it makes all the difference to me, and that's pretty cool.

Luminario

Smash Lord
If Toadette ever gets into Smash, I can see a Peachette FS for her. She transforms into Peachette and summons a horde of Toads to stampede at the enemies for a lovely cinematic FS.

Anyway, while I'm extremely disappointed that they went down the road of making Peach into a power-up instead of just using Peach or even having Daisy make her first main Mario game appearance in decades, I am pretty happy that Toadette is getting the attention she deserves. My girl is in everything these days. Like others have said, Peachette is pretty much a way of getting the eternally popular Peach playable without actually changing anything in the story. I also don't think it's the first time characters have transformed into other characters before. Didn't Yoshi do the same thing in SM64DS with the caps?

I'd love to see this design pop up eventually in other games, either as a Peach alt or something like an easy PGP but with more lore. In Smash though, I'd def pay for it as a Peach alt. it's a super cute design.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
To be honest if Peachette gets in and we're told "this is your playable Toad" after 20+ years of patiently waiting I'm gonna be disgusted.

That said, Peachette would make a fine Final Smash for Toadette should she someday make it into the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Toadette ever gets into Smash, I can see a Peachette FS for her. She transforms into Peachette and summons a horde of Toads to stampede at the enemies for a lovely cinematic FS.

Anyway, while I'm extremely disappointed that they went down the road of making Peach into a power-up instead of just using Peach or even having Daisy make her first main Mario game appearance in decades, I am pretty happy that Toadette is getting the attention she deserves. My girl is in everything these days. Like others have said, Peachette is pretty much a way of getting the eternally popular Peach playable without actually changing anything in the story. I also don't think it's the first time characters have transformed into other characters before. Didn't Yoshi do the same thing in SM64DS with the caps?

I'd love to see this design pop up eventually in other games, either as a Peach alt or something like an easy PGP but with more lore. In Smash though, I'd def pay for it as a Peach alt. it's a super cute design.
I guess Peach just does not invite Daisy to tea parties. I jest, but I can understand both the side of disappointment as well as Nintendo wanting to keep the story, even if it is the most basic Mario story you can have. And Toadette has really been in so much lately, considering she had a 6 or so year absence after Super Sluggers. As for the final smash idea, the only way I can ever see that being a possibility is if Captain Toad gets in and they decide to give him a Captain Toadette echo rather than as an alternate costume, which I doubt. I would also put money on her showing up in spin off games, and I think having her as an alt for Peach in Smash is the perfect place for her.
To be honest if Peachette gets in and we're told "this is your playable Toad" after 20+ years of patiently waiting I'm gonna be disgusted.

That said, Peachette would make a fine Final Smash for Toadette should she someday make it into the game.
I don't think Sakurai would say something along those lines. I think he would just see it as a nice potential alt.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I only want her if there's gonna be a Pink Gold Peachette, with a Orange Gold Daisyette Echo of course.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Peachette could work pretty well as a Toadette FS
Still hoping for Captain Toad as DLC, with Toadette as an accompanying Echo and Peachette as her unique Final Smash

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
it does indeed
Added.

Anyway, it's been mentioned, but I have little doubt that Peachette will be making further appearences in the spinoff's, especially those that have already used powered up versions of characters(I am looking at you Mario Kart). I feel like Peachette would be a bit more accepted though, as she has the unique distinction of being a sort of fusion. I mean, all the other power up character can just be summed up along the lines as "Mario, but he is made of metal" or "Peach in a cat suit(Don't judge)," but here we have Toadette performing some sort of hat fusion that transformers her into a mix of herself and her leader. Actually, now I really want to see some art of Toadette and Peach performing the fusion dance from DBZ. And honestly, I can actually see Peachette sneaking her way into the new Mario Party if they decide to have DLC characters. It seems like they are not including Toad and Toadette because they are serving as the people in charge of the game, but Peachette could totally get in by her technically not being either Peach or Toadette, but a fusion.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the peachette thing doesn't any sense to me. I personally dont care for her, but anyone who wants her in smash I respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I totally support Peachette as a Peach costume. It's probably not gonna happen, even as DLC, but it would be cool. Her hair might be a bit of a problem though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't they have to reanimated her hair? I suppose we could just get her without the braids anyways, but it's all up to Sakurai I guess.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Thank god, I'm not the only one who thinks she's adorable!
Naaaaah, I thought she was cute when I first saw her. I'm surprised they actually did that though lol.

Edit: peachette should've been peaches actual design since it actually represents the kingdom, though maybe it wouldn't have been as Iconic?

Last edited:

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
I agree. The babies certainly put a wrench in that theory, but there is certainly other possible explanations. Also, while many people wonder the origins of Pechette, I wonder what Peachette would think of the other Peach, or heck, what would the normal Toads think of Peachette?
It explains why they're so filled with POWER! They were either born into their supreme evolved state, or they changed early! And this is why they are the main protectors of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Anyone? :bee: ...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder how Peach will react to Peachette at the end of the game?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I don't think she'll make it into Smash, but I can see her appearing in future Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, etc.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to lie. I'm very curious as to whether or not this would get locked for being a repeat thread if a proper Toadette thread already existed. But there isn't one so no need to worry.

I have my doubts on Peachette becoming playable. But imagine this. The Royal Crown as an item that any character could use. It would give them a 3rd jump from the regular jump button, but during that 3rd jump they would transform into a Peach-ified version of themselves.

...............I'll.................go wash out my mind with soap now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not going to lie. I'm very curious as to whether or not this would get locked for being a repeat thread if a proper Toadette thread already existed. But there isn't one so no need to worry.

I have my doubts on Peachette becoming playable. But imagine this. The Royal Crown as an item that any character could use. It would give them a 3rd jump from the regular jump button, but during that 3rd jump they would transform into a Peach-ified version of themselves.

...............I'll.................go wash out my mind with soap now.
So basically an itemfied Midnight bliss from Darkstalkers... I approve.

D

Deleted member

So basically an itemfied Midnight bliss from Darkstalkers... I approve.
That's a pretty good description of it actually.

On that note, Mii Brawler Costume of Dimitri Maximoff please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom