• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't think they'd touch her float. She had it two games so they must be cool with it. Pit's recovery was easy to abuse going around stages, and it was new concept in brawl so they want to get it right the 2nd time. I think they are content with peach's float otherwise it would have been changed in brawl.

Plus her float is way too iconic of her characters, even more so than pit's flying.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'd touch her float. She had it two games so they must be cool with it. Pit's recovery was easy to abuse going around stages, and it was new concept in brawl so they want to get it right the 2nd time. I think they are content with peach's float otherwise it would have been changed in brawl.

Plus her float is way too iconic of her characters, even more so than pit's flying.
Wasn"t it changed in brawl, as if she gets less float time? It's not that her float will be gone, just expecting a nerf . Especially if they want to be more inline with 3D World.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
How does everyone feel about Peach Bomber being back? My only hope is that it's faster and hits shields.
If you watch at around 2:02 and 5:28 in the Nintendo Direct, it looks like the start up is a lot faster - certainly for the grounded Peach Bomber. Which is really cool as it will hopefully be a great surprise move/combo finisher to throw out this time round

It's great to see her double jump get more height (even if her small double jump in Brawl was a great spacing tool). Shame that it looks like her Parasol still has some of that horrible landing lag.

I wonder what Sakurai's decision to what appears to be removing random elements/character transformations will mean for her F Smash and Turnips? We've only seen her use the Racquet so far (I'd definitely miss the range the Golf Club had) and we've yet to hear anything about Turnips. I wonder if random Turnips/items will be removed?

I'm really looking forward to learning more about her customisable special moves...

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
I never liked the redesign they made on her dress - those things on her hips and making it more poofy. I Melee, her dress was tighter and didn't look like an inflated balloon as soon as she moved.

Also, her dress flew up a lot easier in Melee than in Brawl (Icicle Mountain, heh heh). They also made her face more doll-like compared to the more mischievious face she had in Melee.

Plus, they changed her facial expression when she landed from a missed Peach Bomber. In Melee, she looked "ouch, that hurt!", but in Brawl she merely closed her eyes. Did she put on weight or something and had more cushion for the landing in Brawl? LOL.

One big improvement for Brawl, though. Her panties got a cute lace design with little peaches on the edges. <3 And yes, of course they put work into such detail because they KNEW people would look. I hope they have a similar surprise in this game, maybe making the panties a little skimpier and show soem butt cheek? NamBan is programming the game and graphics after all, and they did both Soulcalibur and the Tales games - both which have lots of fan service.

In Brawl, she winked when she did her back throw butt bump. That wink has seemingly been removed for this game, going by that pic when she butt bumps Fox.

Funny fact: one of the first images of Peach they showed in Brawl was that exact move (her backwards butt bump), but then she butt bumped Mario and not Fox.

Another funny fact: way back at E3 2001 when Melee was showed for the first time, they had a video reel in Nintendo's booth that showed off Smash. That video reel was NOT the same as the one sent out to media later. This reel had Peach running away from Bowser on the Mute City stage, and the camera was so low you could see her panties as her running legs kicked up her dress. I was there and I'll never forget the surprise when I realized Nintendo was actually showing off Peach's panties!

I suppose a thong would be too much to expect, especially considering how they covered up Peach in winter sports games ever since the SSX on Tour thong reveal. In SSX, she had just her minidress. In later winter games, she did not have bare legs anymore and you couldn't see her panties. I'm pretty sure they changed her clothes like that as a reaction to the thong issue.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I seriously hope the random elements of some characters won't be changed. I mean, that's what makes Peach & G&W quirky.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I seriously hope the random elements of some characters won't be changed. I mean, that's what makes Peach & G&W quirky.
What random elements by Peach do you mean? F-smash? Turnips? I don't know, getting rid of(or some) randomness from the fighters, can make them more effective. And overall, better fighters.

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
T-eyed face Turnip confirmed! Haha.
Where did you find that?

Just to let you all know, Nintendo released another huge handful of screenshots from Smash Bros. to the press. Nowhere bear as informative as the batch released with the Direct, but it has a lot of cool shots of all the new and returning characters revealed recently.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/17/greninja-charizard-fight-it-out-in-new-super-smash-bros-screen/

Hopefully we'll get something cool in the PotD, but I think for the rest of this month at least it's gonna be pretty boring.
It's one of the pictures on the SSB4 Wii U slideshow :)

There's also another picture of Peach using her Tennis Racquet complete with the new animation. I have strong suspicions that Golf Club and Frying Pan will be no more...

If her Forward Smash is now only the Racquet, I wonder if it will reflect projectiles?

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
What random elements by Peach do you mean? F-smash? Turnips? I don't know, getting rid of(or some) randomness from the fighters, can make them more effective. And overall, better fighters.
I was more talking about the turnips. I mean, I guess most people would largely prefer her f smash to be less random (I(m lucky so get what I want 90% of the time lol), but you could keep her three attacks and give them a pattern. And for G&W, they'd have to remove his forward B entirely if they were to remove randomness. It's my personal preference, I suppose.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I'm also okay with her F-smash only being the racket, as it is a balance between club/pan. Damage might not be best, but the knockback is(reasonable). As for Peach's turnips and pulling out things like bombs and beam swords etc, that should stay random.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Just saying, someone should probably make a thread listing and showing her moves as well as one showing all her screens so far, you know like every other character has

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It's kind of weird how these boards are the least active... Is Peach a character not a lot of people like ?

R0Y

Smash Master
Peach has been in every Smash since Melee and she's one of 3 bombshell blondes in Smash, and 2 princesses. She doesn't stick out enough for most people but she's my Melee alt just because of how effective she was, the Parasol and everything.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I don't think it's so much that people don't like her. New character hype is going to get more attention than characters we've already seen before (in the last two installments now). Not only that, compared to the other female characters and what we've seen from all of them, Peach appears to be the least changed which makes her kind of blah for now.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I agree on the least changed part. But, have we seen much of Peach, though? I mean in the direct they pretty much talk about all the other know females. I think their are also more photos of the other females moves, too. Yeah, Peach was see in action, but was omitted from being discuss herself. With characters being changed and tweaked(possibly )... What can be in stored for Peach? Also other then when Peach was confirmed, Sakurai hasn't comment on any of her moves or stats in the Mii-verse photos.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, Peach is shown in plenty of pictures, most of them being fun ones, but she didn't see much of her action-wise.

And I suppose most of us already got what we wanted (a real double jump).

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Btw, today's PotD shows Peach's lalala taunt! It's easily my favorite taunt in the entire SSB universe. Ever.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I'm also okay with her F-smash only being the racket, as it is a balance between club/pan. Damage might not be best, but the knockback is(reasonable). As for Peach's turnips and pulling out things like bombs and beam swords etc, that should stay random.
I wouldn't be. The frying pan was increadible for intercepting attacks and dealing damage--and killing off the top of the screen--and the golf club, especially with the tipper, was a great finishing move that had great range, something Peach really needs. I'd be ok with cycling through each in a order sequence like how it is on PM so you can count on the tippers a bit more tho

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be. The frying pan was increadible for intercepting attacks and dealing damage--and killing off the top of the screen--and the golf club, especially with the tipper, was a great finishing move that had great range, something Peach really needs. I'd be ok with cycling through each in a order sequence like how it is on PM so you can count on the tippers a bit more tho
If Fmash is in an order, than it would be more reliable than it being random. However the racket has medium range, something Peach could use, when going against characters that out range her. We also don't know the properties of her racket in this. With a new tennis like animation, she may be able to hit back some characters projectiles. As a previous poster questioned.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I always felt like her side smash was pretty weak, though. I wouldn't mind if they added more power to it, or made it like hitting with the sweetspot wasn't an ordeal.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
@ Queen B. Kyon Queen B. Kyon haha yeah of course!
Hey I'm a Gemini too! I think Peach would be an air element too. I always thought that's why I liked Peach back Melee because of the way she could practically fly around Hyrule haha. I was like "How do people not know Peach can do this?! She can recover from anywhere!! Why is not everyone playing as her!?!"

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm a Gemini too! I think Peach would be an air element too. I always thought that's why I liked Peach back Melee because of the way she could practically fly around Hyrule haha. I was like "How do people not know Peach can do this?! She can recover from anywhere!! Why is not everyone playing as her!?!"
Peach is a Libra, most definitely. Libra and Venus (and maybe Neptune) rising. :bee:

I like her dress but im going to miss the the bows that she had on the sides of the upper arms :/ oh well lol. I think her brawl dress was more detailed.

Why does her mental age keep decreasing? :ohwell:

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
What do you mean by mental age ? I guess they go for the cute factor with her. And it works.

But I'd like it if they were canon about her personality and weren't trying to make her pass for a dumb blonde.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I've never seriously thought of Peach as a "dumb blonde". Sure, she's silly and such, but I get a vibe of innocence more that stupidity. She has lighthearted fun no matter what. My all time favorite taunt is her "Lalala" taunt, because it's just so friggin funny and ditzy without making me think she's actually an idiot.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Aww. Peach isn't playable in the Invitational.

I think the reason why Peach wasn't shown much in the direct is because her dress physics clearly aren't finished.
This could also be the reason she isn't playable in the Invitational
Peach.PNG

As you can see here when she performs her split kick, her dress completely reverses itself.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Peach keeps looking better and better with each new installment in the Smash franchise

Oh, and I hope Pink Gold Peach is an alternate costume for her in Smash 4
Why does her mental age keep decreasing? :ohwell:
wat

Peach doesn't seem to be a dumb blonde, specially in Paper Mario TTYD. Also, she doesn't seem to be innocent either ;)

Last edited:

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Aww. Peach isn't playable in the Invitational.

I think the reason why Peach wasn't shown much in the direct is because her dress physics clearly aren't finished.
This could also be the reason she isn't playable in the Invitational
View attachment 15058
As you can see here when she performs her split kick, her dress completely reverses itself.

I agree, Peach's dress look's as though it's one of the most complex one's to animate or work with.

Top Bottom