• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Peach vs. Pit is a matchup in which you'll want to box against Pit horizontally or even diagonally from above, while saving her extra jump to add to your repertoire of spacing against his more formidable reactionary punishes like fair, bair, and uair. There are indeed possible openings in his uair where Peach can poke through as with any "wall away" option, but that can mostly be attributed to an error by the opponent in their timing/spacing, otherwise it's a solid wall to prevent an approach by Peach from above. Both characters can apply pressure against each other rather well, and each have a plethora of decent options to react OoS with (most notable and common being dair, fair, bair, or even roll for Pit). He can pepper Peach with arrows pretty well while she's in the air unless the Peach player can recover in a fashion (at least an upward 45 degrees from Pit's current position) with which she can press through them with dair (Pit can obviously switch the timing of his shots though, keep that in mind). There's a lot more I could say, but I feel it's already been adequately covered.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can't you just pull a bomb and then throw a bomb at pit to stop planking? or can he reflex it at you up over the ledge?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Since we like pictures and numbers

Hit Box: 9-10, 12-13, 15-16, 18-19, 21-22, 24-25
Cool Down: 26 - 44

And in comparison...

Hits on Frame: 12, 18, 24, 30
Hitbox Duration: each hitbox lasts 2 frames

IMO, if Pit didn't angle his Uair then it might be possible for Peach's Dair to cut through it but Pit is always going to use the edge of Uair to avoid putting his hitbox at risk as much as possible (is that right? It's been a while since I last Brawled, let alone Brawling a Pit) so Ground Floating a Dair is just going to get Peach's legs trapped in Pit's spinning blades...good thing this isn't a horror film we're considering

Also Dark, I'm not sure that jumping whilst airborne induces the same 6 frames you get from jumping off the ground so I would expect Pit to have 12 frames of invincibility...*shines the hotgarbage signal*

Using Toad might not be a bad idea considering the spores fly out in a V shape

As terrible as he is, Toad might actually not be a bad idea if you see Pit is in the middle of a Uair but I wouldn't hold my breath

Can't you just pull a bomb and then throw a bomb at pit to stop planking? or can he reflex it at you up over the ledge?
Well considering the chance of plucking a Bob-omb... :p but it may work

And yea he could reflect it back at you

Nicole

Smash Champion
my contribution was not only relevant, but was the most true post that has ever been posted in the history of true posts. and as you guys are all terrible people for playing olimar, i refuse to help you do the discussion right now

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Im not trying to revive and old thread, and i know mk was discussed already. But i havent seen this posted. Peach's ftilt goes through mk's nado and hits him. Sorry if this was posted already. Forget to mention it has to be fresh or it just clashes and/or hits you.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to find a good set up for ftilt kill. So far i just did this on a friend.
SH Dair->Jab->Ftilt.
Good killer one lighter characters ( mk, Zamus, fox?, etc.)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
my contribution was not only relevant, but was the most true post that has ever been posted in the history of true posts. and as you guys are all terrible people for playing olimar, i refuse to help you do the discussion right now
This made me laugh. xD

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I didnt know the mk matchup was that bad.. I was told it was 40-60 or 45-55. Or like the title says the match up outdated?

williamwsharp

Smash Cadet
Olimar is actually not as problematic as other characters like Marth or MK, you have to have in mind a few things:

1- Your Nair beats EVERYTHING olimar has to offer... (i main both peach and oli, i too get amazed with that nair..)

2- We can camp

3- We got options to escape situations.

I dont think we really need more to add atm....

When you start your match try spamming, his pikmin throws will surely get hit by turnips, and if they latch on just Dsmash or Nair.

Never approach an oli from the front, this will get you grabbed surely, if you time it right our Jab can cancel his grab and running grab, not pivot though.

When trying to pull a Dair combo, do Nair after it to avoid Usmash Oos in case he guards.

When you auto cancel Fair you can Jab right away to avoid grabs and Usmash Oos.

Once Oli is above you or is out of the stage, NAIR abuse him i swear just do NAIR... his got a very limited recovery, Turnip + unbeatable NAIR, the ****!

with this basic info youre more than enough prepared for the MU... BUT if you have no experience in the MU i could be hard...

I main olimar and second Peach, i know exactly how Oli works so i find the MU pretty easy.

So now state your problems vs Oli! i shall help you peaches get over him! <3

Zinoto

Smash Lord
That awkward angle. That spot where he can't up smash you but you can dair him if he does something out of place.

:phone:

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I seriously think we should get back in discussion. The Sheik MU seems even...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It is even. Both have issues outright killing each other at a decent percentage with the exception of one or two fresh/sweetspot moves. Both cannot reliably edgeguard the other as they can both recover against the others' options pretty easily. Imagine Peach vs. Marth onstage except Marth doesn't have his sword to swat/outprioritize her with. There will be a LOT of traded blows, very few gimmicky occurrences, and the player who makes the greater number of reads will usually be the winner, which is (essentially) what an even matchup is at its core.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Just read the Wolf match-up guide...amazing. Some good stuff in there that I had either not known or had looked over before. Thanks!

Top Bottom