• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Are there any result threads for those, Meno?
Grats on placing in the money!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You can do it Meno, I think you just need to get your reactions down(faster) and your reads stronger, and you could start getting first!

z00ted

5th out of 32 entrants at HOBO 35
Houston Tx, 2/11/12

1: Gnes :diddy:
2: Trela :lucario:
3: Ultimate Razer :snake:
4: Denti :olimar:
5: Illmatic :peach:
5: Jnig :wario:

Took Trela to last game last hit in Winner's bracket, but couldn't get that last hit. Took Denti to last game in Loser's bracket, but played way too aggressively and got camped. He got his revenge for me beating him and taking first in the last tournament I attended. I know I'm getting a lot better, I just have to find that breakthrough balance between offensive and defensive playstyles and I'll take top three. Hopefully next time.

z00ted

Can I own this thread?
I'll update it rather quickly.

It's almost been half a year without an update.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread xD

anyway, copypasta

I might give it to Kyon though since he has a computer now it was his originally(original reason he gave it up was because he didn't have access to one). I'll give it to you if he doesn't want it back. I've been too busy with School, BB and other things to give this attention xD

:rosalina:

z00ted

Give it to me!

Meno won't give me the video thread.
I'm really active, I promise I'll keep up with all updates.

z00ted

There just was one last Saturday, lol.

Probably next month, I'm guessing.
Thread is not up yet.

z00ted

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13496576&highlight=nicole#post13496576

9th out of 64.

fk this region, snakes and falcos everywhere, my two worst matchups. also i lost to snake and falco. i probably should have practiced at some point before this tournament, cause i didnt, and i didnt play that great.

i might not have any good placings for a little while until i get better at snake/falco (or both).
Quoting this to remember where I left off.
Changed up the thread a bit because I think it looks neater this way.

If people like Rowan's graphics enough, I can put it back up.

Posting here for reference: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/DraikRoan/PeachTourneyResults-6.png

Also, *NORDAL REPLAYS*

z00ted

UPDATE 2012

Updated the thread with everything I could find back from August 2011.
Took a good amount of time, but I hope it was worth it.

IMPORTANT

I'm requesting that Peach players post any and all results in here, regardless of whether or not they are good or bad, to keep up with consistency and accuracy. It's not fair that some players will only post their good results to skew some sort of opinion in their favor, while others post all of their results and may gain less praise. If you cannot post all of your results, then you don't deserve to be in the thread at all and I will just omit you from future entries. This goes for everyone. I want this thread to be as professional and accurate as possible. I'll do my best at automatically updating this thread when I find a Peach player's results in the tournament listings forums, but please try to keep up with your own record.

Thanks in advance!
_

Other than that, Peach has been doing a great job since September.

Two first placements by both Silly Kyle and Illmatic.
One very prominent second placement in a tournament with 70+ entrants by Nicole.
Multiple second through fifth placements by almost every Peach main that's currently acttive.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Brawl at SDSU 2

Brawl at SDSU
12/16/2011
3rd out of 16

1: Tearbear (Anybody he wanted to) ($40)
2: DaVe
($15)
3: LanceStern
($5)
4: Chau

5: Zekey

5: Ant

7: Adany

7: Leo

-- POOL CUTOFF --

Brawl at SDSU 2
2/16/2012
4th out of 21

1: Tearbear (Anybody he wanted to) ($60)
2: Awex
($30)
3: Eclipse
($20)
4: LanceStern
($10)
5: ANM
($6)
6: Leo_O

7: Cognia

7: oWo

9: Kenny
(forfeit)
9: Chau

9: Ant

9: Wimpy

--- POOL CUTOFF ----

Good turnout, but it went really late (which was my fault, probably shouldn't have done pools).
Lost to Awex's Olimar, lost to Eclipse's Kirby. I need a little help with the Kirby matchup... those bairs are ridiculous

z00ted

Good placement, Lance!
Can I have the tournament results thread?

Nicole

Smash Champion
hey i got 7th at concentrate 3. idk how many ppl or where the results thread is but its not on your listing.

tooooooo bad doubles results dont count for this thing.

z00ted

Batou's Monthlies 6
2nd out of 29
2/18/2012

1: Denti :olimar:
2: Illmatic :peach:
3: UTD Zac :gw:
4: Shadow PJ :toonlink:
5: Dojo :popo: :diddy:
5: Sync :olimar:
7: Infern :snake:
7: ALSM :metaknight: :diddy: :toonlink: :olimar:
9: Neon :dk2: :peach:
9: Mumble :marth:
9: Infinity :falco: :diddy: :wario:
9: YBM :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus:

Winners Bracket:

Beat Swaka 2-0
Lost to Zac 0-2

Losers Bracket:

Beat Neon 2-0
Beat Infern 2-1
Beat Dojo 2-0
Beat Pj 2-0
Beat Zac 3-0
Lost to Denti 1-3

Top level Olimar is really hard for Peach. I only won one game because I timed him out. I'm considering doing that for every single game I play against this character from now on. It's like literally the only way to beat him, extremely slow and steady paced matches. I hate it, but I'll have to learn.

Although I didn't get first, I'm definitely pleased with my placing. I had to go through hell in losers, especially considering how amazing Dojo's ICs and Diddy were (if I remember correctly, he placed second at a tournament before this one, losing to Denti in Grand Finals 2-3).

Just going to keep on trying to improve.

Denti

Smash Master
Batou's Monthlies 6
2nd out of 29
2/18/2012

1: Denti :olimar:
2: Illmatic :peach:
3: UTD Zac :gw:
4: Shadow PJ :toonlink:
5: Dojo :popo: :diddy:
5: Sync :olimar:
7: Infern :snake:
7: ALSM :metaknight: :diddy: :toonlink: :olimar:
9: Neon :dk2: :peach:
9: Mumble :marth:
9: Infinity :falco: :diddy: :wario:
9: YBM :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus:

Winners Bracket:

Beat Swaka 2-0
Lost to Zac 0-2

Losers Bracket:

Beat Neon 2-0
Beat Infern 2-1
Beat Dojo 2-0
Beat Pj 2-0
Beat Zac 3-0
Lost to Denti 1-3

Top level Olimar is really hard for Peach. I only won one game because I timed him out. I'm considering doing that for every single game I play against this character from now on. It's like literally the only way to beat him, extremely slow and steady paced matches. I hate it, but I'll have to learn.

Although I didn't get first, I'm definitely pleased with my placing. I had to go through hell in losers, especially considering how amazing Dojo's ICs and Diddy were (if I remember correctly, he placed second at a tournament before this one, losing to Denti in Grand Finals 2-3).

Just going to keep on trying to improve.
GF for me and Dojo was 3-1. XD not like it matters tho

z00ted

They money matched and Dojo beat Denti 3-2 last hit.
Denti was way closer than you would think, he's amazing.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
This is old but...
9th out of 30 I believe.
From something2do.
Uhh I lost to a diddy named smile and I also lost to Kel. (< we always play his marth is better than meh)
I've got another local tomorrow and I'll be going peach for that too! :0

:phone:

'V'

Smash Lord
So I'm going to be going to a few tourneys this month. I'll post the results as soon as I can. There'll be one on the 3rd and the 17th. Wish me luck, Peaches!! =]

LanceStern

Smash Lord
E4U: Remix
17th out of 72
2/25/2012

Pools I went 2-0 against two opponents (link and mario), lost 1-2 to Dao a diddy and lost 0-2 to an amazing wifi Peach known as Slayerz.

Bracket I lost 0-2 to Lycan, a PR Wolf in vegas I believe. I got handled game 1 and almost reverse 2 stocked him game 2 but he got a downsmash to seal it.

In losers I 2-0'd a Marth/Fox, 2-0'd a Kirby/Toon Link, then lost 1-2 to ROB. I hate ROBs lol.

I was very happy to place the way I did in this tourney. Actually there's so much I can say about this tournament it's ridiculous. I learned so much, I met some cool people, saw some AMAZING matches and amazing Peaches...

1. I need help getting that final KO. I could have gotten 2nd seed in my pool but the 2 losses I suffered to the #2 seed came when I had final stock final hit but I COULD NOT kill them.

An even bigger upset is I could've gotten at least 13th at this tourney but I couldn't KO a ROB for TWO GAMES. I won the first game at high percentage, and then both game 2 and 3 I had him at > 130% last stock but couldn't KO and he came back to win. Someone help meh.

2. I need help with the Wolf matchup and the ROB matchup. I don't know how to handle competitve wolves it seems, at least I have trouble KOing them.

3. My spacing still needs to change a little. I got to watch an outstanding wifi peach player (slayerz) go in and destroy everyone, and the only reason he didn't place at this tourney is because he had to forfeit because the tourney ran late.

z00ted

I watched you play on stream against that Wolf.
You definitely weren't playing the matchup correctly, but your Peach looked pretty good.

Stop setting yourself for so many fairs at low percentages. You are basically using it as your spacing tool, which is good at times.. but you use it far too often and it got super predictable.

Nice placing at the tournament, care to share the names of who you beat?

Edit: Nvm, found it

Winners' bracket
Lost to Lycan

Losers' bracket
Bye
Defeated Ozz
Defeated Chau
Lost to Luke

Good job beating Ozz, he used to be really good way back when in Texas.

Top Bottom