• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Congrads my fellow Peach players. You don't always have to place high to be noticed. I say as long as your trying its all good. This Past tournament I got 13th I think. Didn't do so well but meh I do feel abit rusty. I was glad I did as well as I did against Riddle though. Sure it was 2-0 but sometimes its games like that that makes me want to play and get better. Plus it was so much fun as well. But I was told by Dark im playing the MU wrong. :\

Xyless I love fighting snakes but im used to Campy ones. There was this snake player I played that was full blown aggro. And I found it 10 times harder than campy. Thus is why I asked if you can bair snakes shield at all because I always got punished and his grab range is stupid good. And does his jab forward tilt suppost to always work? I still love the mu though even though he won most of the games. The nades weren't the problem. Also me camping seems to do well... every well but I didn't feel like sitting there doing it in friendlies.

And Air thank you I wanted to say something but I felt it wasn't my place.
I know what you mean, Ultimate Razer can be the most aggressive Snake EVER.
Its my favorite matchup but only because I'm used to campy Snakes, I have to switch my playstyle up for my third tournament.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280564

9th of 31 or something...here comes the whining :/

I played like crap in singles all day, and I should've placed much lower, but Watkins decided to be a doll and not play MK against me. I'll have some vids up of doubles, and of me playing Clel in singles. I could've beaten him, as you'll see, but I am a big ****** and played rather impatiently. I keep getting really discouraged when I start losing, and I don't know why that is. Well, actually, I do, it's because Peach can't kill. But I didn't used to give up so easily. I don't know what's the matter with me. But my placings have definitely been reflecting that lately. I haven't been out of the top 8 in forever...I think since January, and that tournament had 60 people attending. I guess I just don't have alot of confidence in myself lately. Hopefully I'll get over that for my next tournament, which is July 31. I have alot to work on...

But I got 2nd in doubles, so that paid for my trip at least. Peach + Fox is pretty **** if both players are great with their characters.
Thats still good! 9th/31 is impressive good job!

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
So I had a chance to go to this tournament on Saturday. My bro and I were extremely hyped (100+ registered), but it turns out I can't go... My parents have some wedding or some crap, so.... Oh wellz. Looks like I have to wait a while b4 any more tourney results. On the other hand, keep up repping Peach people! :D

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
*sips tea intercepted from Rickerdy*

Well i must say, that was what to the brits say? "Jolly good show" these last few pages kept me very entertained

On a more relevant post however, Im going to a tourney this weekend! I expect to get 1st place and 3 stock fatal, bizkit, and every powerranked player so that i may be one step closer to world domination >:3

HOLY **** ITS MY 1337th POST!!!!!!!

*goes back to FFT*

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
:/

The only tournament Colorado is gonna have is next week and I can't attend since I'll be at a wedding in Wisconsin.

gantrain05

Smash Master
haven't been to a tournament in yonder....but i've been practicing alot and not been on the boards at all XD, but nicole, i wouldn't worry too much about it, your a good peach, its just frustrating sometimes....i know lol. i play stupid all the time, somehow i get away with it most of the time, but i need to stop lol.

buuut your wrong about ur top 8 placing, u placed 8th at jokers last monthly, cuz it was rigged so that only one peach made it to top 8 and we had those super amazing hyped peach dittos XD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol what's a tournament
*cries*
But seriously, even if you don't place as well as you wanted to, don't give up because you can only get better :D You Peachs have been doing ridiculously well as of late, just look how much Peach is moving up! Not mention how much more shes getting recognized - I've seen quite a lot of people say shes underrated

And you musn't forget that its all down to you guys :p

Cook

Smash Master
haven't been to a tournament in yonder....but i've been practicing alot and not been on the boards at all XD, but nicole, i wouldn't worry too much about it, your a good peach, its just frustrating sometimes....i know lol. i play stupid all the time, somehow i get away with it most of the time, but i need to stop lol.

buuut your wrong about ur top 8 placing, u placed 8th at jokers last monthly, cuz it was rigged so that only one peach made it to top 8 and we had those super amazing hyped peach dittos XD
i placed 7th, silly.

this is nicole!!

hiROI

Smash Lord
This week there's a pretty good tournament! Hopefully I wipe the competition and reach Top 8. My reading skills have greatly increased and I finally understand how to win, which is just to play as campy as possible! Like I have no problems with timing out a b****. And Ksizzle is coming, so hopefully I can get friendlies with him and get a couple of replays since I have no videos.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, Meta, and Moozle in Wisconsin!

We should definitely hang out if possible! I'll be with family for a wedding mostly, but I could probably get away for a bit, maybe.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This week there's a pretty good tournament! Hopefully I wipe the competition and reach Top 8. My reading skills have greatly increased and I finally understand how to win, which is just to play as campy as possible! Like I have no problems with timing out a b****. And Ksizzle is coming, so hopefully I can get friendlies with him and get a couple of replays since I have no videos.
wat

lol

10chars

z00ted

Just got back from P-4's Pee Hole.
Went all Peach and I think I placed 5th/20. (not sure yet)

I HAD THE HARDEST BRACKET IN THE WORLD. (Xyro (Best Samus), San (Best Ike), Trela (Best Lucario), )
I played my absolute best, put people into shock, and made them wonder why Peach isn't top of mid tier.

Oh yeah I met Haptic - Cool guy!

DONE LIKE BAKED BEANS.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442

I HAD THE HARDEST BRACKET IN THE WORLD. (Xyro (Best Samus), San (Best Ike), Trela (Best Lucario), )
I played my absolute best, put people into shock, and made them wonder why Peach isn't top of mid tier.

DONE LIKE BAKED BEANS.
Only 15 entrants. But you did have probably the hardest bracket there. And you only lost to Trela because Green Greens betrayed you.

I'm calling it now. Illmatic is the next Excel_Zero.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Only 15 entrants. But you did have probably the hardest bracket there. And you only lost to Trela because Green Greens betrayed you.

I'm calling it now. Illmatic is the next Excel_Zero.
He can shoot to match that if he wants, but I'm sure he wants to surpass it. I know that's what I'm aiming for.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
He can shoot to match that if he wants, but I'm sure he wants to surpass it. I know that's what I'm aiming for.
I'm saying that as in "Illmatic will be the best Peach soon enough," not "Illmatic will be the exact skill level of Excel." It was a joke anyways. Only time will tell.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

DONE LIKE BAKED BEANS.
while san is the best ike and xyro is the best samus,

i dont think trela is the best lucario lol

maybe in texas for sure.

and wtf was san doing in texas rofl

z00ted

If Trela isn't the best Lucario I can't see who could be.
And San came down to Texas for a wedding or something so he stopped by to play with us :D.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
then i suppose you dont pay attention to the scene very well

lee martin, me, zucco, and junebug have very good lucarios. lee being the best one in the country no doubt.

z00ted

I never see Lee Martin play Lucario anymore so just from watching gameplay of all those players in my opinion I would put Trela at like #1, #2, or #3.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I never see Lee Martin play Lucario anymore so just from watching gameplay of all those players in my opinion I would put Trela at like #1, #2, or #3.
Being best or near best with ones character doesnt come from "oh i played this guy. he gave me trouble. he must be best lucario" or watching gameplay of them.

it comes from character knowledge, matchup knowledge, tournament results, how good the region is, etc

not from personal opinion. i think even he would disagree without being modest.

z00ted

Ya I totally agree its just my opinion haha.
And I meant Texas ;O

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Being best or near best with ones character doesnt come from "oh i played this guy. he gave me trouble. he must be best lucario" or watching gameplay of them.

it comes from character knowledge, matchup knowledge, tournament results, how good the region is, etc

not from personal opinion. i think even he would disagree without being modest.
All very true no doubt, but could we really say the rest of the Smash community isn't guilty of making claims just from personal opinion, even some of the upper/top players? For example, O rion is one of the most egotistical, non-experienced, non-traveling SOBs I've ever came across; laying claims on just abut every other region and its players without ever stepping out of his little "NJ meatriding" bubble. Are his claims to be taken seriously just because he places well now and supposedly knows matchups (or just plays gayer than usual with MK imo which is a default winning chance against any matchup), or any similar players for that matter?

Nicole

Smash Champion
i like ksizzle, he's a smart guy. great job, ill, i cant wait to see how you do at mlg dallas.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ya I totally agree its just my opinion haha.
And I meant Texas ;O
I really wanna play you, Illmatic!!

I don't wanna call you Ill cuz.. it sound insulting :S

But just remember, I'm working on being the best Peach in Texas. :) I'm going to TRY to go to torneys now (because I've never been to a BIG one) but if we ever meet, we must have 11424241x 2 dittos.

I'm seriously looking forward to playing you. :)

z00ted

Can't wait til' ya do!
Why don't you come to the next Smash Fest?
Wow - Texas after the drought of two years without Peach is going to have THREE PEACHES in one tournaments over the course of three weeks?

Preposterous.

Also: I don't mind if you call me Ill haha.

z00ted

Yep yep I know he's already talked to me: super hyped ^^

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
All very true no doubt, but could we really say the rest of the Smash community isn't guilty of making claims just from personal opinion, even some of the upper/top players? For example, O rion is one of the most egotistical, non-experienced, non-traveling SOBs I've ever came across; laying claims on just abut every other region and its players without ever stepping out of his little "NJ meatriding" bubble. Are his claims to be taken seriously just because he places well now and supposedly knows matchups (or just plays gayer than usual with MK imo which is a default winning chance against any matchup), or any similar players for that matter?
dude im gonna be serious and say that all his posts are trolling. hes good but he trolls everyone. he tells me in person about his trolling to the boards like saying "whos nick riddle" when he knows who he is. lol. just ignore it

i like ksizzle, he's a smart guy. great job, ill, i cant wait to see how you do at mlg dallas.
idk if you're trolling or not but if you arent

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i got 17th outta like 60-ish at a regional last week and today i got like 7th outta 31 at some local but i went peach/pika/snake though.

ima post these when they get uploaded to aib.

just posting here to show that i'm still alive in the tourney scene xD

hiROI

Smash Lord
Kyon and I got 17th out of 39 at the tournament this pass Saturday :/

I lost to Hungrybox again in round 2 of winners. I loathe DDD. Got three stocked first match and then second match it was last stock high percent and I SHOULDER upsmashed him at 120 and he didn't die >.> At least I did better than match 1. But then I went against two kirbies in losers :3 Turnip spam and OoS jab against kirby's bair is beautiful. And then I had to go against a Shiek and oh those were the best matches ever even though I lost. I need to learn to be more aggressive against Shiek :/

Sorry Peaches :'(

http://www.nextlevellan.com/tournies/smash/Smash Singles July 2010.htm

Top Bottom