• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

White-Peach

Smash Ace

KB is right, enough of this drama. Hova, White Peach, I heard you two beasted. Get any footage?
I totally did not beast! I was nervous and tingly (*'-') and things didnt go as planned :| I told hova that i was going to make it out of amateurs and I didn't :((( I wish I had more time to play but I just cant devote time to travel/tourney with the kind of schedule I keep right now :( I took a day off work just to come play (well worth it IMO) but I wish I could have done better! :D

controller/nervous johns :DDDD

Also, Peach can combo into Peach Bomber in Brawl+ and it IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER YOU HAVE TO TRY IT OMG!

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I totally did not beast! I was nervous and tingly (*'-') and things didnt go as planned :| I told hova that i was going to make it out of amateurs and I didn't :((( I wish I had more time to play but I just cant devote time to travel/tourney with the kind of schedule I keep right now :( I took a day off work just to come play (well worth it IMO) but I wish I could have done better! :D

controller/nervous johns :DDDD

Also, Peach can combo into Peach Bomber in Brawl+ and it IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER YOU HAVE TO TRY IT OMG!
Your peach was great! Coney was talking about how nice your Peach is. I didn't catch how it went between you and GONZO though...so that might have been your slayer. He doesn't do too well against dair though.

And team Beast Peach for Brawl+

Though I gotta say in the long run my Peach was looking more like Kelly Rowland than Beyonce. That was all you in those tough matches XD

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Yeah the DAir is apparently hard to DI or something? The knockback was insanely low and there's more hitstun... so it was easy to get 3 of them in. And NAir just ***** and combos into itself too :p The hitstun just leaves them there on the ground where you can scoop them up with another NAir :p

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Yeah the DAir is apparently hard to DI or something? The knockback was insanely low and there's more hitstun... so it was easy to get 3 of them in. And NAir just ***** and combos into itself too :p The hitstun just leaves them there on the ground where you can scoop them up with another NAir :p
That sounds like a fun match XD

Metatitan

Smash Master
Eh... brawl+. They have good intentions but they've created a monstrosity where shielding is bad and using random attacks is rewarded (from what I've heard from people who play it).

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Eh... brawl+. They have good intentions but they've created a monstrosity where shielding is bad and using random attacks is rewarded (from what I've heard from people who play it).
I mean, I got the same sense somewhat. You're not safe in your shield because of hitstun. The game is different, and favors aggression over defense (melee vs brawl) to protect yourself, really. That isn't a bad thing at all, it lends itself to becoming more creative in your defense over just shielding. I wouldn't say random attacks, as some are better than others depending on whether you're approaching or defending against a particular attack/approach. I wouldn't knock it until after you've played like, 20 matches and got a good feel for the changes. The **** you can pull off is just amazing because of the hitstun, and therein lies the fun :)

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Agreed, it's mad fun when you pull out amazing stuff like 2x Peach ladder we did it like twice, but still good, and the peach wall was good too.
White Floated while I Utilted, for high recovery then for low recovery he tossed turnips from the same place and I float Nair'd from the edge. Greatest set up cause I could catch em and toss em, or drop them below to better the edge guard.Practical yes but, brawl+ makes the difference

Metatitan

Smash Master
I mean, I got the same sense somewhat. You're not safe in your shield because of hitstun. The game is different, and favors aggression over defense (melee vs brawl) to protect yourself, really. That isn't a bad thing at all, it lends itself to becoming more creative in your defense over just shielding. I wouldn't say random attacks, as some are better than others depending on whether you're approaching or defending against a particular attack/approach. I wouldn't knock it until after you've played like, 20 matches and got a good feel for the changes. The **** you can pull off is just amazing because of the hitstun, and therein lies the fun :)
Vanz said you could use pretty much random attacks without thinking and still be "good" at the game. Aggressive vs defensive in terms of better is opinion as well ;o (yes melee is way better)

If you want a good aggressive game, play melee instead

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I wanted to thank you guys again for helping me out in that other thread by pointing out some much needed reminders on what I need to do with Peach. I took all of what you guys said, let it stick in my head, and did fairly well at a tournament today (placing 5th alongside Shugo and coming down to last hit with the 6th best player on our power ranking, Blue Rogue). I also took Anther's Pikachu down to last stock in both games in pools, so I'm making progress on that too. So yeah...I'm beginning to shake off some bad habits and play closer to my full potential imo.

Oh and Blue Rogue took out Judge with his Wario today too. There were some nice upsets. :3

I'll post the full result soon.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yes sir, and I hope so. Still a lot of practicing up to do though so I can stay consistent with these kinds of results. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm. Well I must say that The way you play kinda reminds me of myself. You got mindgames. And a lil randomness in you. Your grab game is also good. And your style seems balanced with aggressive and defensive play. I see a lil of me in you but in your own way (Not saying you play like me or anything like that) But I am likey the way you play dude.

Looks like I better get ready for another challenge around here then. Time to brush up and show you what I got.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Haha, sounds like a fun challenge. My buddy got a lot of matches/sets recorded today, so I'll be sure to show you guys how I play under actual tourney pressure. My mix-ups and spacing were spot on today, and I was smarter with my turnips overall, especially in my set against Blue Rogue. You'll probably notice a significant difference between these new vids and that other one, which is a good thing lol. =P

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Haha, sounds like a fun challenge. My buddy got a lot of matches/sets recorded today, so I'll be sure to show you guys how I play under actual tourney pressure. My mix-ups and spacing were spot on today, and I was smarter with my turnips overall, especially in my set against Blue Rogue. You'll probably notice a significant difference between these new vids and that other one, which is a good thing lol. =P
Good **** KB, I have the highest hopes in you and your Peach , keep it up son!

hiROI

Smash Lord
WATO 7 10/24/09
5th out of 16

The most intense tourny that I went in all my smash career. I had to face HRNut first round, and I did allright against his marth but the skill level is to great :laugh:. Then in losers, I had to go against a Zelda, I won :D Then I had to go against my best friend who taught me smash. The atmosphere was similar to the movie 300. I won the set bwahahaa. Then I had to face Fearless, and the first match I lost. I thought of the Peach boards and came back winning the set while twostocking him in the last game. I beat both of the Oli's right after eachother xD

And then I had to face Kyon :( Absolutely the worst possible thing that could have possibly happen. Before the tourny, I told Kyon that if we had face eachother ever, that we will use our real names for theatrical and personal purposes. That we did. First match, I got two stocked for being so aggresive, I felt as if the world around me was exploded and there was nothing I can do. Second match, on Smashville, I got two stocked...again :) I cannot fathom the feeling of seeing the fair and having nothing to do against it. When I got hit, my soul came out of my body and went to a world of nothingness, and then it came back. Then we hugged and he played HBOX.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8702643&posted=1#post8702643

Are these legit results to put in Ankoku's thread?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6644

25th outta 76

got to 3rd round of winners w/o playing a match. bye + guy in 2nd round didn't wanna play haha

lost to Z's pikachu. round 1 was even-ish until he jv 2 stocked me w/ usmash + thunder. i died at 70 haha. 2nd round i was catching to stuff and i had like a 30 percent lead early last stock but i baired offstage and my parasol cudn't reach coz i think i might fastfall'd it. i messed up. =(

in losers i lost to BoA's Marth. i was spacing pretty well but i cudn't kill him coz he was just like rly hard to read and he read my landings and punished me well. meh, can't complain i just got outplayed.

now that i think about it i just wasn't playing like myself. i've been trying to just be able to read better and make better decisions. oh well, i think it'll come together in time so I'm not too worried or bummed about this placing.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Brawl in Ally (BIA) 25/10/09
17th out of 65

My first tourney, so I was satisfied with my placing, it's a good start.

It's just that tourney matches and 'normal' matches had a huge difference for me. I noticed I was better in normal matches. Guess I was a bit nervous or something, which made me not think clearly. BUT it was my first tourney, so it won't be much of a problem as I know what I must do better. ;d

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yaaaay for Yaaaay :) Thats a great result for your first tourney :) How did you find it? What were all the other smashers like in person? How was the Brawling?

I must go to a tourney someday but theres practically none on in my area...none that are even an hour away :(
Wow, I didn't expect someone would be actually interested ;p

I found it really great. It was fun. At first I was a bit bored, I didn't expect to watch so much, but I just lived with it. Eventually I got into some friendlies and that definitely made up for it.

About the Dutch Smashers... They are REALLY kind. I have heard that the Smash community was a warm one, and the Dutch community just proved it. I was very silent though, something that's unusual for me. It's probably because like everyone knew each other and I only knew like three via Smashboards. Ah well.

The Brawling. Well, like I said, for me, a tourney match was so much different than a regular match... I just couldn't think clearly and use my options. This really ****ed me up versus Snake. Guess what? I was forced to play against Marc, Cenel and Kodama in tourney, who all mained Snake!! :) They ***** me ;p Same for T's Wolf. They all outplayed me badly.

I think I need to expiriment more with Wolf and Snake. But the most important thing is that I should just think better and more and explore/use my options better, regardless if it's a tourney match or not. Oh yeah, and more patience.

But I will get better. :)

Also, the tourney I went to was two hours away. It's in mid-Netherlands, where most tourneys are probably. Is there REALLY none at all that is a bit close to you? How long do you want to travel at most? One hour? Two hours? Ten hours? I thought the UK scene was pretty big.

:053:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The UK Melee scene is pretty big but the Brawl scene is a bit meh. Most tourneys are in London which is a 5-6 hour drive away from where I live which is out of the question when I'm still in full time education with uni round the corner

My brother said he go with me to one and support me if I found one (woop woop :D) so I'm definitly looking for an oppotunity. I am dieing to know how'd I do against the UK's best (and other Brawlers in general)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
@ Praxis:

I had no idea where Rijswijk lies, and when I looked it up, there seemed to be two Rijkswijks. Lol? One is close to The Hague (Den Haag), the other is close to 's Hertogenbosch (aka Den Bosch).

So far I know, most of them are in Flevoland or in Noord-Brabant. Not 100% sure though.

@ Rickerdy: Isn't it possible to go by train or something, wouldn't it be faster? 5/6 hours is very long indeed. But I hope you'll get a good oppurtunity. Especially if you're as good as you are on Wi-fi.

:052:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It's the one by Den Haag. I could be at the bookstore in Den Haag in 30 minutes by bike from there. I was right outside of Delft.

I'd like to make a tournament if I can make it over to the Netherlands again next summer. :)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I can't go to tourneys either, because, like Rickerdy, I live too far away from places that regularly hold tournaments. There's also the fact that I can't drive yet, and there's no way my parents would drive me to something like that lol.

Besides, I'd probably come last place anyway...

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I have mentioned this before but there's a chance I may be studying abroad in London for a Maymester (which is rougly 5 weeks I believe). So I may just check out the scene over there. =P

Top Bottom