• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach secondary

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Hey all
I consider Peach my secondary (Kirby being my main but there are a few matchups that are ridiculously hard as Kirby,)
Mainly being Marth, Link, Toon Link, I know there are others but i'm at an ambulance hall right now and I just cant sleep or think.
Anyway, is The Marth matchup any different then it was in Melee? I know that if we have a turnip in our royal hands then we have a slight advantage (Or we used too in melee) Is that the same now?
Really need help as my Kirby just can't do it for Marth.

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
I use Peach as a secondary as well. The matchup is still the same since both characters are designed to be their Melee counterparts. Edit: I was going to ask if you looked at the Kirby MU thread, but I just looked at it myself. I didn't know that the PM threads were just so inactive to not have anything.

Last edited:

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Kirby MU thread Isnt that inactive just marth is a BS matchup for him haha.
But okay cool. I at least have a chance against Marth if I switch to Peach. Is she good against Link as well? I haven't needed to play against a link as kirby yet but i know the MU is hard.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
I may be a Link dual-main to Ness, but I haven't played the PM version of the Peach MU myself. What I can tell you is that since Link does pretty well against floaties in Melee, and he is based on Melee Link except improved, the MU could either be even or in Link's favor. His projectiles in PM do a better job at walling out opponents even against fast-fallers, so Peach might have a hard time approaching him if the Link is patient and paying attention to your movements. Turnips can challenge his projectiles though, but the problem is that Link can bring out projectiles quickly here. You might want to experiment with what Peach can do with approaches and followups against a very good zoner since most Links will play the zoning game or camp game (which is weaker).

Top Bottom