• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach lacks -Guide- Threads; Solutions?

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
As the title states, besides the UTilt+DJC UAir guide, Peach lacks several important structured reads on her forums, even compared to other characters that I swear have hardly seen the light of day.

Do any Peach Melee Guides apply directly to Project M 3.5? outside of the change of physics and the additional characters, as well as her Brawl AT, would most Melee guides for her be just fine? or should someone make a revised ver. for P:M?

I think she needs (not all full seperate articles) guides, at least by now, on the following:
FC/IFC Aerials
Turnips/AGT
DACUS uses
General Moves (the usual; FThrow, DThrow, All Aerials, Up Special, and so on; what they're good for)
Dash Attack & Jab 1 (both of which are too good for something to not have all possible applications for them)

I feel like only the 1st 2x need some info, especially for Peach Novices out there, and the last few could easily be combined.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Most of them do. All P:M Peachs are suggested to go to the Melee forums for most of the Guide ideas, as it was P:M's design to make her as close to Melee as possible. Plus, most of her hardest match-ups are melee veterans, minus Link.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
To re-open this for better discussion, I read most of the guides in the Melee section for Peach, and I have to admit it has a lot of important info.

Info i still think should be both in Guide form on here (3.5 Peach threads) and that needs to be updated because there are a lot of characters that need to be added to guides, characters to be changed, and just all around missing so so so much.

I don't know enough material to make a guide for her, at least not more than just general peach AT, Stages, and some significant match-ups..

Someone do somethin DDDD;

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Bump because this is absolutely pitiful.

Can I have control of the Peach boards or something? So much needs to be either posted or just Updated.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
The peach boards is dead because most major peach players left, peach was put REALLY low on the last tier list, and there is little organization. I could probably write a 20 page paper on how to play peach, been doing it for 9 years, but I'm both lazy and unmotivated. If you want to transfer melee knowledge here, feel free to do so!

Pokin_

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokinZDS
Switch FC
SW-7213-0059-9715
As the title states, besides the UTilt+DJC UAir guide, Peach lacks several important structured reads on her forums, even compared to other characters that I swear have hardly seen the light of day.

Do any Peach Melee Guides apply directly to Project M 3.5? outside of the change of physics and the additional characters, as well as her Brawl AT, would most Melee guides for her be just fine? or should someone make a revised ver. for P:M?

I think she needs (not all full seperate articles) guides, at least by now, on the following:
FC/IFC Aerials
Turnips/AGT
DACUS uses
General Moves (the usual; FThrow, DThrow, All Aerials, Up Special, and so on; what they're good for)
Dash Attack & Jab 1 (both of which are too good for something to not have all possible applications for them)

I feel like only the 1st 2x need some info, especially for Peach Novices out there, and the last few could easily be combined.
There doesn't have to be guides, thats the easy way to being a good Peach. I suggest watching the sets of Armada in Melee.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Matchup discussion + general tips and tricks should be fine. Edgeguarding itself should be a thread.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
The peach boards is dead because most major peach players left, peach was put REALLY low on the last tier list, and there is little organization. I could probably write a 20 page paper on how to play peach, been doing it for 9 years, but I'm both lazy and unmotivated. If you want to transfer melee knowledge here, feel free to do so!
peach was put low on the clash tournaments tier list.. which largely only considered the results of limited regions. if you look at the list you see that the bottom tier basically just consisted of the least used characters, where the top consisted of the most used. granted yes, tier lists generally display the trend of how often characters are used, but in the scope of project m, the underused characters represent a ton of MU information that hasnt been tried too much yet. even IF I believed she was of a lower tier in 3.02, the dynamics into 3.5 have changed quite a bit, and a lot of MUs are far easier for her to manage, especially an arguably advantageous MU against falco, who a lot of characters have trouble against.

guides i would say you find in melee forums, but I agree that MU discussion is probably the most critical.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
peach was put low on the clash tournaments tier list.. which largely only considered the results of limited regions. if you look at the list you see that the bottom tier basically just consisted of the least used characters, where the top consisted of the most used. granted yes, tier lists generally display the trend of how often characters are used, but in the scope of project m, the underused characters represent a ton of MU information that hasnt been tried too much yet. even IF I believed she was of a lower tier in 3.02, the dynamics into 3.5 have changed quite a bit, and a lot of MUs are far easier for her to manage, especially an arguably advantageous MU against falco, who a lot of characters have trouble against.

guides i would say you find in melee forums, but I agree that MU discussion is probably the most critical.
Exactly.
Project M has a big handful of characters that don't have the luxury of 14 years worth of notes and MU info, I wish for at least the characters who are different enough to matter (aka tough for her or advantageous) need the same kind of detail than VaNZ gave the Melee top's in his thread.
I'd say:
Wario
MK
M2
Ivy
Squirtle
Charizard
Wolf
Pit
Zelda
Link
Diddy
Kirby
Lucas
Ike
Roy
ZSSamus
Snake
Yoshi (thanks, aMSa.)

None of these (albeit not all essentially necessary because new =/= better but still important info to share) have the Pros, Cons, tid-bits and general knowledge behind them gathered as well as they do for Melee.

She's always going to be at the very least right underneath C.Falcon in any given tier list in my eyes. No lower.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, i think peach is incredibly good in this game, and I agree that list is just poor representation. I'm just saying people who saw that list might not want to pick her up.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Don't get me wrong, i think peach is incredibly good in this game, and I agree that list is just poor representation. I'm just saying people who saw that list might not want to pick her up.
That's what bothers me.

People dont asess anything from tiers that they should and think a bit harder about them; Melee Players know she's a 4th/5th place Babe, but even so the allure of buffed or new characters keep people from coming back to her (Yes, you, Armada.)

Underplayed, Underestimated, Unmotivated players, and basing Choice picks on Tier lists are 90% why this thread suffers. Seeing VaNZ and Bladewise messing with her in 3.5 is the highlight of my Year for her.

Personally, I'd read (write too if i was competent enough) a 20 page guide for Peach in Depth, No questions asked. I just don't like scrolling theough 200+ Page threads that haven't been updated in almost a year with no overview and 40% of posts are memes or false/inaccurate info from Casual/Novice perspectives.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I just don't like scrolling theough 200+ Page threads that haven't been updated in almost a year with no overview and 40% of posts are memes or false/inaccurate info from Casual/Novice perspectives.
Even these boards are mostly that. I Argued with a guy who started playing a few months ago, and he simply stated his experience as fact and refused to back it up, calling me an idiot when I gave reasons. I wouldn't really expect to gain much from these Project M boards, I would try to watch high level melee matches, or if you can find the rare ones, high level P:M matches.

If you ask me specific questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, and be honest about what I do not know / am unsure of. I know mostly about peach herself, but I do know a few specific match-ups as well.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Even these boards are mostly that. I Argued with a guy who started playing a few months ago, and he simply stated his experience as fact and refused to back it up, calling me an idiot when I gave reasons. I wouldn't really expect to gain much from these Project M boards, I would try to watch high level melee matches, or if you can find the rare ones, high level P:M matches.

If you ask me specific questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, and be honest about what I do not know / am unsure of. I know mostly about peach herself, but I do know a few specific match-ups as well.
Which MUs with enough detail do you know? I study/search for everything i can for her; anyone not Sheik, Fox, Falco, Marth, C.Falcon, Ganon, or Yoshi is always valuable.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Roy, Charizard, Game and Watch, Falcon, DK, Link, Lucas, Snake, Wario, Zelda, and Rob are the most common ones I play against.

Tbh I dont think peach is countered (more than softly) by anyone in the game, except maybe fox. And most of my advice will be based off a rather careful playstyle. I'm only aggressive off-stage and in close quarters.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I think lucas is the only other one that potentially counters her due to his speed, mobility, and vertical kill nature. even then, its not by a ton, since lucas can still be CCed far easier than fox can, and isnt as fast, and the fox MU is still relatively manageable.. ZSS is a possibility since shes basically a mash up of falcon and marth, but she doesnt have as crazy a kill option as CFs knee, nor the grab game to covert kills as easily from.

marth and falcon will remain the bane of peach's, but armada has already shown that a smart player can combat the disadvantages, hardly ever losing matches to these characters, and more instead against fox.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I dont mind Lucas at all after his nerfs. You can nair his projectiles and approach with turnips (and because you're peach you can even nair while holding your turnips lol). You bair and dash attack beats out his aeriels, and the only thing you really need to look out for is a clutch upsmash. He's also incredibly easy to edgeguard with your fair offstage. What exactly is the trouble?

I havent considered Marth the bane of peach in like 5 years, he has range, but she has priority, turnips, and merciless edgeguards on him. One day Fullmetal told me "your dash attack goes through everything marth can do in the air." And it was true. If he's too high for that, just nair. Other than that, float less and use more turnips.

Falcon I personally consider to be on the same level as fox in difficulty, but nobody agrees with me lol

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
It would be nice to see some activity on these boards again.

As far as match ups go, I loathe facing Link and Falco.
Because Falco is exactly the same in PM, as is Peach, I took the liberty of copy/paste VaNZ's Falco MU data:

4. vs Falco - 45:55 Falco

Pros
- Dsmash = OMGrape
- Super short FireFox w/o ring of fire = OMGrape
- Up throw chain grab til like 85% = OMGrape
- Peach can super combo Falco
Cons
- Falco can super combo Peach
- Dair > Shine pressure is ridiculously effective
- Lasers!! annoying as hell
- Falco's Dair Again. It has sooo much stun. it's just plain deadly.
- Short Hop Auto-Cancel Bairs. Creates this seemingly impassable wall against Peach. it's just annoying.
- Shine > Shine > Firefox > GAME

Falco is one of my least favorite match ups in the game. He's such a douche bag character. Dair > Shine > Dair > Shine. and if i shield it, my only safe option is to ROLL?? Douchebag. You could use the D'oH method and power shield everything, but I, personally, don't have the tech skill for it. Here's the link to his thread.http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239815
I recommend Float camping the crap out of Falco. Make sure that you are above his SH lasers and far away enough that if he tries to approach w/ Nair, you can drop a fair right on his face. While he's grounded KEEP ON HIM. Tech chase w/ Nair or Bair. If you get there too late, go for Fair > Grab. the point is to keep Falco on the defensive. If he's going to camp you anyway, why not be in his face?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'd actually love it if we had a weekly or bi-weekly thread about specific MUs. Would it actually get responses though?

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I could try, worst case scenario one of the top peach's corrects me and then we'd just have accurate data so no harm in trying I say~

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The thing about threads like this is that usually they start with some activity but then peter out over the course of a couple weeks. While my idea may be a good start, I think an influx of new threads or something that will grab people's attention in necessary for there to be an induction of any activity here. As for making this activity constant, that's a little more of a battle

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
I can get Peach frame data sometime soon. It'll be from Brawlbox tho, so anything with FSM's won't be right. And I don't have gif capability atm.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
That's really good news; I talked to the Peach MU thread OP and her gave me the OK to take over the thread, just waiting now for a response on minor details from him before doing so, he rarely gets on smashboards though.

fingers crossed it doesn't take Too long!~

Top Bottom